Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #43
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Welllll OK ...The big cardboard box idea lights no fires...

Then how about a dumpster? Filled wth 2 cu ft boxes ( empty) but for two or three boxes containing a treat??

Dumpster Diving/ Cargo Cult? Yes No??!

I'm trying here! lol
That's the beauty of Burning Man. All creative inspirations are welcome.
Regardless of the "theme" for our camp, a gift box (or dumpster) would be
a fun addition and an interactive spot for the community.

There is room for anything and everything.
There is no wrong answer.
Go for it!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
And Happy 2013 all.
May this year be the best ever.

Cheers!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Welllll OK ...The big cardboard box idea lights no fires...

Then how about a dumpster? Filled wth 2 cu ft boxes ( empty) but for two or three boxes containing a treat??

Dumpster Diving/ Cargo Cult? Yes No??!

I'm trying here! lol
New Year Happy everyone! A dumpster gift box! Or exchange. Could be a windbreak for the car port. Hope we wouldn't be taking more home than we bring. There is a program through Placement or something to order a container delivered to the playa and taken back for storage till the next year. costs bunches though.
Plan On!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Ticket News

Here's some of the latest Jack Rabbit Speaks, today, on ticket news. All I know at the moment, hopefully our camp will get notice from Placement on the Jan 11 deal. We got 10 precious 'directed tickets' for our camp in '12 from getting our application in early on time. This appears that being a past placed theme camp could get us in on the first 10,000 ticket list. :::::::::

PLEASE NOTE: Pre-registration is required in order to gain access to any of our sales for 2013. Once you've registered you will be able to participate in the first-come first-served sales. So ... here's the plan:

55,000 Tickets for Burning Man 2013 will be sold as follows (details below):

1. Directed Group Sale (10,000 tickets) - January 30 (Pre-registration required)
2. Individual Sale (40,000 tickets) - February 13 (Pre-registration required, February 6-10)
3. Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP) - February 28-July 31
4. OMG Last Chance Sale (1000+ tickets) - August 7 (Pre-registration required, August 2-5)
5. Low Income Ticket Program (4,000 tickets) - Application required

=====================================

Directed Group Sale: 10,000 tickets
We are once again taking steps to ensure critical theme camp, art installation, and mutant vehicle crews gain access to tickets. In addition to supporting the core social infrastructure of Black Rock City, providing these groups with access to tickets early on will decrease demand (and therefore competition) for tickets in the main Individual Sale. 10,000 tickets at $380 each will be offered to these core crews on Wednesday, January 30. Group leaders will receive an email on Friday, January 11, 2013 with detailed information about how to provide their core group members with access to the Directed Group Sale. These tickets are transferable and eligible for STEP.

Individual Sale: 40,000 tickets
The Individual sale will make 40,000 tickets available at $380 each, with a maximum of 2 tickets per person. To participate in the Individual Sale, you must pre-register between Friday, February 6, 2013 at 12pm (noon) PST and Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 12pm (noon) PST. Detailed information about how to register for this sale will be available in mid-January at http://tickets.burningman.com. This first-come first-served sale begins at 12pm (noon) PST on Wednesday, February 13th. These tickets are transferable and eligible for STEP.

NOTE: There will not be tiered pricing for this sale - all 40,000 tickets are $380. (If you're curious about how this compares with the ticket prices for major festivals, please see "Where Does My Ticket Money Go?": http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/about_burningman/ticketprices.html.)

Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP)
We're bringing back STEP to facilitate the secure, safe, hassle-free exchange of tickets. People wishing to purchase tickets may register to enter the STEP queue starting Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 12pm PST at http://tickets.burningman.com. When tickets are put into STEP by ticket holders, the person at the front of the queue will be offered the opportunity to purchase them (maximum of 2 tickets per person). STEP will close on Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at 12pm PST. Stay tuned to the JRS for details about the STEP process. Tickets bought through STEP are transferable, but they are ONLY available for pickup at Will Call.

OMG Last Chance Sale: 1,000 tickets
For those who decide at the last minute that they Absolutely Must Go To Burning Man, and to further combat scalpers, we will sell 1000 tickets at $380 each, maximum of 2 tickets per person. In order to participate, you must pre-register between Friday, August 2 at 12pm (noon) PST and Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12pm (noon). Details for how to register will be available at http://tickets.burningman.com. This first-come first-served sale starts Wednesday, August 7, 2013 at 12pm PST. Tickets purchased through the OMG sale are transferable but will not be shipped -- they are held for pick up at Will Call only.

So Plan on Fellow Dustyites! : clap:

If you haven't already, subscribe to Jack Rabbit Speaks where I get this stuff: (jackrabbitspeaks@burningman.com)

NevadaGeo
Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

2012 28' International
Antioch , SF Bay Area
This is so on my list and now that we have the Airstream totally doable. I'm calendaring the date for tix registration !!!

https://www.facebook.com/starlettediary
Suzzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #48
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Flipping thru my weather app Sunday nite & found this,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1.png
Views:	92
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	176285  
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Brrrrr

What the playa really needs is standing water for a long, long time. That's what settles and packs the fine particles. I learned that from NevadaGeo.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by webspinner View Post
...What the playa really needs is standing water for a long, long time. ...
and wind. (that's what I learned from landing jets on "certain flat spots in the desert." )

No, I am not getting confused with rocks on the Racetrack...

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
and wind. (that's what I learned from landing jets on "certain flat spots in the desert." )
Zep
Wind? I would think that wind would keep the particulates in circulation and delay settling (extrapolating from a limnology class I took back in the Pleistocene). Tell me more!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #52
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by webspinner View Post
Wind? I would think that wind would keep the particulates in circulation and delay settling (extrapolating from a limnology class I took back in the Pleistocene). Tell me more!
No, the wind tends to do the smoothing--it makes local currents, which move the particulates into the ruts, where they settle. That's why the lakebed at Edwards is so smooth in the spring, lots of winter wind, when the lake has water in Jan and Feb.

The wind may delay settling, but it is essential to the smoothing process.

Now, as to the hardening process, I have no clue...

Zep
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #53
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Ooooh I love when you talk dusty.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Calling all Core Leaders

Hey Kids, guess what time it is? I'm needing all of the Airstreameri & Geologists "core leaders" to IM me or email me their Real Name and email address, for the Directed Group Ticket Sales thingy coming like reallll soon.
Here's some "redacted" copy of an email I got like an hour ago:::::::

Hello!
You have been identified as a leader of the Airstreameri and Geologists Theme Camp.
As a group that contributes to the core social infrastructure of Black Rock City, you and your key group members will have access to our upcoming Directed Group Sale. The Directed Group Sale is a first-come, first-served sale. Pre-registering and getting access does NOT guarantee you or your group tickets. (Further, participating in the Directed Group Sale does not guarantee your group will receive camp placement, vehicle registration or access to other amenities.)
To access the Directed Group Sale, you and each of your group members must ----
As the point person for your group, you must identify the key members of your group that will have access to the Directed Group Sale. You will have until Wednesday, January 16 at 12pm (noon) PST to create your profillle and identify your key group members.
-----
Please remember, this sale is intended for core group members only. There are 10,000 tickets available at $380 each, first-come, first served - the more people who have access, the more competition there will be for those tickets.
Once your---- is created, on Saturday, January 12, PST an INVITE button will appear on the right side of your screen under the header SPARKLY THINGS. Click the button to create your invite list of key group members. You will need their legal first name, last name, and email address. Don't worry, you don't have to be prepared with all of this info up front! You can continue to add and update your list until the registration period closes on Wednesday, January 16 at 12pm (noon) PST.
Invitees will receive invitations to create their very own profilllles between beginning Friday, January 18 around 12pm (noon) PST and Wednesday, January 23 at 12pm (noon) PST. Note: they will *not* have the ability to invite others, that responsibility is yours and yours alone, as the group point person.
In order to access the Directed Group Sale on Weds. January 30 at 12pm (noon) PST, you and your group members must have created your profilllle. The link to access the sale will appear in your profile under the SPARKLY THINGS header and you will also receive a reminder email two days before the sale which will also include the sale link.
Burning Man Tickets

NevadaGeo
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #55
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
What the wind (from various directions) does as well is to cause the lake to move around... if you look at satellite shots of the playa on different days, you'll see the wet areas move depending on wind direction. The repeated wettings are also apparently important.

- Bart
http://smaalders.net/barts
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #56
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Count me in!

Nevada Geo!

Please count me in again this year...I will be bringing a friend with me which makes 2 of us. Additionally, we are bringing an "art" piece with us for installation on the Playa.

Many thanks!

M