Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #393
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Mayto , Jalisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhunter
Check this out, what a great way to find friends old and new: https://burnermap.com/map/
Theremis another AS camp as well, how cool!
The touch screen is my nemesis....meant to spell There is another AS camp.

hollyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #394
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhunter View Post
Check this out, what a great way to find friends old and new: https://burnermap.com/map/
Theremis another AS camp as well, how cool!
Hi Holly; in a lot of ways we are Burnstream Court lite. They have been gathering on playa for many years, had a theme camp in the 3:00 area in '07 and then went back to their preferred neighborhood. Some of us in the camp that year hung on to the 3:00 neighborhood and eventually in a few years became Airstreameri & Geologists. There's several folks over in Burnstream Court that volunteer the whole week before the burn, then they have the burn week free to enjoy.
Unless you found a third group and bacon on my face! There are dozens and dozens of Airstreams on playa that we don't know, could be close to 70? or more.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #395
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhunter View Post
Hoping to put the post card table that we're hosting under our awning which is about 11ft out from our trailer, we also have a shade shelter on the opposite side that protrudes about 3ft we would need some space for tie downs on both. Not sure if you are sitting with a compass, protractor and slide rule to figure this out, or if we should just come early Monday morning? If AS wrangling is anything like the goat wrangling we do, it's pretty much seat of the pants.
Sounds like Holly will be in ChollaBill and Anne's spot streetside. Not sure who we'll put in next to them in Zep's corner spot.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #396
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
We'll figure it out. There's plenty of room for all. We always start out neat and then cram in all the latecomers. A few of us will be in a little early to organize and set up. We will be the ones with the bull horns wearing badges and directing traffic.

Yep. We have a sister Airstream group that Perry and I and others camped with in 07. Gee that sounds so Burnery We see them every year. Great group. Burnstream Court will be around 8:15 and Geranium if you want to visit. (Thanks for the map Monte).

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #397
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Briones , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper
We'll figure it out. There's plenty of room for all. We always start out neat and then cram in all the latecomers. A few of us will be in a little early to organize and set up. We will be the ones with the bull horns wearing badges and directing traffic.

Yep. We have a sister Airstream group that Perry and I and others camped with in 07. Gee that sounds so Burnery We see them every year. Great group. Burnstream Court will be around 8:15 and Geranium if you want to visit. (Thanks for the map Monte).
Hello all...
am just jumping in... as I leave for Peru on Tuesday and return in the 27th.
My friend Christy may jump into the thread in my behalf as we found her a ticket.
LOVE the idea of the theatre!
Saludos to all
Jennifee
Old 08-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #398
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Briones , California
Hi all
Just jumping in.. I leave for Peru on Tuesday, August 14. My very good friend "Christie" might jump in in the thread in my absence.

I have given her my login and password....as we just found her a ticket..... and she will be joining me.... as another newbie!

Love the idea of the trailer trash movie event!!!
Looks like you have signage.
But please let us know how we can help ( we will be your "stewardesses" .... yes "beehives" and all.... upon arrival) lol...

I return from the Amazon on August 27... planning on arriving to BM the Thursday night the 30th......
Old 08-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #399
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxfield View Post
Hi all
Just jumping in.. I leave for Peru on Tuesday, August 14. My very good friend "Christie" might jump in in the thread in my absence.

I have given her my login and password....as we just found her a ticket..... and she will be joining me.... as another newbie!

Love the idea of the trailer trash movie event!!!
Looks like you have signage.
But please let us know how we can help ( we will be your "stewardesses" .... yes "beehives" and all.... upon arrival) lol...

I return from the Amazon on August 27... planning on arriving to BM the Thursday night the 30th......
Wow, that'll be some climate change. Be sure to have lots of sunscreen for the playa!

NevadaGeo
Old 08-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #400
1 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
Briones , California

I try!... but suggestions always welcome!
Old 08-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #401
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Placement Announce #12

More boring stuff from placement, #12. Hope I've copied most of them now:::::

-- VERY Important Messaging from the Burning Man Gate

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Gate operational timeline
In 2012 the Gate will be operational from August 7 - September 8. We will be controlling event site access post-event, so it will not be open to the public during that time. To help facilitate the needs of set up and strike, the location of Gate operations will change, and there will be signs and cones to direct you.

Early arrivals & pre-event
If you are arriving before Wednesday August 22nd at Noon (when will call opens) you MUST have a physical ticket in hand or a staff entry credential. If you are arriving before the event starts with a physical ticket, you MUST have an early arrivals barcode for entry (every person in your vehicle must have a valid barcode, they are not "good for two"). All staff and participants arriving pre-event will be issued a pre-event wristband. You must wear this wristband until the Gate opens to the public.

Ins & outs
The Gate will start charging the $20 fee for a re-entry pass (to leave and return to BRC) starting at 6pm on Sunday August 26th. Anyone leaving before that time must be wearing their pre-event wristband and have their ticket stub in hand when they return. We strongly discourage anyone from leaving or re-entering BRC on Sunday 8/26 and Monday 8/27 due to the very heavy traffic.

What YOU need to know

GETTING IN:
• Please drive safely and be considerate while passing through local towns. Speeding, parking on highway shoulders, and unsafe driving are safety hazards and could threaten the future of the event.
• The Gate will officially open at 6pm on Sunday August 26th. We cannot allow people who show up early to wait in town due to safety issues and the impact on the local community. When the Gate opens, we give will give priority to those who show up on time. This means that if you show up early and we have to stage you somewhere, you will get in later than if you showed up on time.
• With an expected population of around 60,000, this will be our busiest year yet at the Gate. Wait times during the first 24-36 hours after opening could be 5 or more hours.
• During peak traffic periods on Saturday, Sunday and Monday of ingress we will be controlling traffic with highway flaggers along Hwy 447 before the railroad tracks and Gerlach gas station. Watch for signs and flaggers on the road; they are fellow Burning Man volunteers helping to make your arrival safer!
• As you approach the Burning Man entrance from the highway, tune your radio to 95.1 FM for the Gate Advisory Radio Station! We will be broadcasting up to date info about the entry process.
• Drive no more than 5-10mph on Gate Road. We have volunteers working out there and the dust can make it hard for you to see them. Speeding also causes ruts in the road.
• Stay in your vehicle. If you need to go to will call, your entire vehicle should go with you. Every year people lose their friends because they wander off and can't find their vehicle.
• About 1/4 mile before you reach the Gate you will come to a set of small kiosks we call the ‘Apex.’ During busy times there will be Gate staff here to direct you. There is an empty zone just after the "Apex" that will allow vehicles in any lane to turn into the Will Call lot.
• Upon reaching the Gate your tickets will be scanned and torn, and your car searched. Plan ahead for the search and know what items are prohibited.http://bit.ly/f8k6v
• Be patient. Chances are high that many other Burners will decide to show up when you do, and with a single two lane rural highway leading to a single entry point, expect to wait. Use this time to get to know your neighbors!

GETTING OUT:
• How do you pick the best time to leave? Listen to the community. If everyone you talk to says they are staying to watch the Temple burn on Sunday night, then Monday is going to have very long wait times. If there is a major storm predicted for the weekend, then a bunch of people will probably leave early.
• If you are looking for a shorter wait time, your best bet is to leave on days other than Sunday and Monday. If you are part of a theme camp or art project, schedule your tear down so that your crew leaves after Monday.
• Upon leaving your camp, head straight to L Street at the back of the city. This is the most direct route to Gate Road and helps to prevent the city center from getting too clogged up. NEW FOR 2012! We will be dividing L Street during Exodus so that there are dedicated lanes for each of the 2:00-4:00, 4:00-6:00, 6:00-8:00 and 10:00-8:00 quadrants. The purpose of this division is to reduce the number of merges and thus allow for more fairness across the city in getting to Gate Road.
• Use all available lanes on Gate Road until you hit the back-up. All 8 lanes on Gate Road during Exodus are outbound lanes.
• Once you are in the 8-lane-wide back-up, if the vehicle in front of you is stopped, and traffic in front of it has moved on in a Pulse, go around the stopped vehicle. Do not change lanes! Do not merge into the lane next to you. Go around the stopped vehicle, and stay in your same lane.
• Prepare for Pulsing! Pulsing does not get you out quicker, but it does allow you to stop your vehicle for periods of time and get to know your neighbors. Keep a good attitude. Make sure loads are secure and no trash is loose!
• Ultimately we must rely on the community to police itself and ensure that their fellow participants are respecting the process. If you see people cheating the system, say something! YOU can help make it fair by informing people about the process and making sure they follow it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

- The 2012 Placement Team:

Abdullah, Answergirl, Big Cheese, BlackJack, Bravo, DayZee, HepKitten, Machine, Malachi, Pixel, Retro, Rev. Bloodshot, Scar, Sweetthang, Termeh, and WD

NevadaGeo
Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #402
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
That's Us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Hi Holly; in a lot of ways we are Burnstream Court lite. They have been gathering on playa for many years, had a theme camp in the 3:00 area in '07 and then went back to their preferred neighborhood. Some of us in the camp that year hung on to the 3:00 neighborhood and eventually in a few years became Airstreameri & Geologists. There's several folks over in Burnstream Court that volunteer the whole week before the burn, then they have the burn week free to enjoy.
Unless you found a third group and bacon on my face! There are dozens and dozens of Airstreams on playa that we don't know, could be close to 70? or more.
Hi Folks!

Please come visit us at BurnStream Court at 8:15 and Geranium! And if you're on Playa Pre Burn Week, please visit us at Feed the Artists in Fertile Crescent Village - 7:30 and Alyssum.

We look forward to seeing you on the Playa!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #403
2 Rivet Member

2011 19' Flying Cloud
Tulsa , Oklahoma
hey everyone come by and see me at Spacial Delivery... LINK TO MAP below

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2ziufdk.jpg
Old 08-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #404
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
?:bounce : Oh. This person has double MOOP detail, and scientific talk Friday afternoon, and serving breakfast Tues, Wed, Thur. Huh?
Sounds fair, I've done volunteer work for my green card & time @ Antarctica. I sub to this thread in jealousy, for I can't be there again this year.
Working on a new EB for next year's burn, something I can seal up better than sob with slideouts.
I posted on 2011's thread too.

Burn on ! ! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	165537  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #405
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
We are sick not being there this year, but are trying to make up for it in any way we can...at Watmaugh Bay in the San Juans, in this case. Love to all, and listen to your Wrangler!

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010571 comp-s.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	165615
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #406
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Note from 3:00 Command for all us Happy Campers

A new note from HepKitten::::
Hey all,

I thought I would use this vehicle to give you some information that you
may or may not know - some of it is new some of it is old but all of it is
useful. And yeah I know this one is long but there's some questions
answered that I know your camp mates are wondering about right now.

*** GARS (95.1 FM)
GARS is the spanky new Gate Advisory Radio Station. If you tune in you
will find pre-recorded messages about what is going on at the gate for
both your arrival and your departure from the city. The basic info will
include such topics as: how long IS the line currently? And how long it
will most likely take you to get from/to the highway? This station will
also be used to broadcast up to date or emergency information (such as a
gate closure). Since the info is going to be on a loop you will be able
to tune in and get the information you need without having to wait through
long periods of listening to music that you may not like. Cool stuff that,
especially if you have a vehicle that's not so good idling..

*** BMIR (94.5 FM)
Do you all know about Burning Man Information Radio? Do you know that
this is the official radio station of Burning Man? OK did you know that in
case of an emergency (including inclement weather) that important
information will be broadcast on this channel?

*** In & Outs at Black Rock City?
Do you have all your stuff in storage in Empire? Did you not bring that
special "whatever" that you can't build your theme camp without? EEP!
There is a solution if you are leaving the city before Sunday August 26th
at 12 noon it will not cost you anything. After noon on Sunday it will
cost each person in the vehicle $20.00 to leave and return. The Gate has
requested that if you do need to make multiple trips you try to do so
before Sunday as the Gate (and the line/wait) is ridiculously busy then.

How does it work? Before you leave camp make sure that every person in
the vehicle has their ticket stub. On your way out of the city there will
be an exit lane on the far right. Stop at the kiosks and wait for the
Gate staff to come up to help you. They will ask to see everyone's
tickets (just to make sure you'll be able to get back in) and then will
give a wristband to each of the folks leaving who plan to return. If it is
after Sunday at noon they will also need to collect $20 from each person
in the vehicle. When you come back through the gate on the way back into
the city you will be asked to show your ticket stub and they will cut off
the wristband. They will still need to search the vehicle.

*** Coffee
Are you one of those Center Camp Coffee fiends? If so did you know that a
few years ago they began allowing participants to bring your own cup?
They even have a special line for folks with a cup in hand - I'm not sure
if it's shorter but it's definitely more earth friendly - so bring your
own CLEAN cup to fill with coffee and make your burn a little cleaner.
Coffee prices will be $3 a cup.

*** Ice
I know the question floating around your camps at the moment how much is
it again? Everyone wants to know so they can bring the correct amount of
cash onto the playa. Ice will be sold at 3:00, 6:00 & 9:00 again this
year. Ice is still $3 for a 7# bag of crushed ice or a 10# block of ice --
or -- $15 for 6 bags of crushed (buy 5 get your 6th for free).

Ice sales will begin on Thursday August 23rd this year (yes that is the
Thursday BEFORE the event opens!) Pre event only the Artica station in
Center Camp will be open. Hours will be 12:00 - 3:00, however they said
to please be patient if they aren't open on time, it's likely because they
are working on some important infrastructure as they will be building
Artica while they are open for business. Regular hours for all 3 stations
begin after the event opens on August 27th. Regular hours are Monday -
Saturday from 9 am - 6 pm and Sunday after the burn from Noon - 6 pm. If
you are looking to buy ice on Labor Day the only ice sales that will open
will be Arctica in center camp.

*** Porta Potties
There will be more banks than ever this year - YAY! And they are generally
located between Columbine and Dandelion & Hyacinth and Iris on every
radial street - so they should be fairly easy to find if/ when you are in
need. The exception to this are the close banks at 3:00, 6:00, & 9:00.
The banks at 3:00 & 9:00 are between Edelweiss & Foxglove and the only
banks on 6:00 are between Foxglove & Geranium. And remember - If it
wasn't made in your body it doesn't go into the potty. I know we all know
this phrase by heart - but did you know the folks who throw things in
there that don't belong actually threaten the event? Because the only way
to clear that stuff is more or less to reach in there and pull it out and
would you want to do that?

*** DMV
If you need to pick up your tags for you mutant vehicle - they are located
on the center camp portal, on the outer ring, at 12:30 and Ring Road
(where 12:00 points to the man) They will be open starting Saturday
August 25th through Friday August 31 from 11 am - 10:30 pm daily - Open on
Burn Day from 11 am - 2 pm only.

*** Playa Info
You all know about playa info and how useful it is - you can look for
lost friends, items and camps here. There are computers that you can look
up information here as well as hard working helpful volunteers who are
there to try to help you. Playa info is located at the corner of the
center camp portal and the inner ring, at 1:00 (where 12:00 points to the
man) - just look for the big blue "i". They are open from 10 am - 6 pm
Saturday August 25 - Sunday September 2nd. Please note that if you see
'staff' manning this station outside of those hours that you may or may
not receive accurate information from the participants who are having fun
playing the 'oracle'.

*** Volunteer on Playa!
Yes I know you've got a lot to do for your camp - but if you finish faster
than you expected or would like to give a little bit more back to the city
we all love there are many opportunities. Just head over to Playa Info
and check out the "V Spot". Any one that needs more hands to complete
their tasks can post here, so it's your opportunity to help out an artist
who's a bit overwhelmed or perhaps to help the temple crew get things
done. If you find yourself behind in your tasks you also have the
opportunity to post here and ask for some help. In any case there are
plenty of ways to volunteer and trust me it's more fun than work!

*** Rangers
We all know and love them - but how to find them in an emergency? They
are located in Center camp just off the portal on the outer ring (ring
road) at 1:00, and have outposts at both 3:00 and 9:00 at Columbine. You
can also flag down anyone with a radio and ask them to call a ranger for
you.

*** Medical
Located at Esplanade and 5:15 and on 9:00 and 3:00 between Columbine.
Again if it's a medical emergency anyone with a radio can get in touch
with ESD for you.

*** Recycle Camp
Recycle camp is located in the Center Camp inner circle at 5:50 (where
12:00 points to the man). They only accept aluminum cans (no glass) and
are open from Monday - Sunday from 9 am - 5 pm

I think that is most of the most relevant information that you need
besides the standard, drive slow into the city to prevent dusting anyone,
when you get to your camp park your car and leave it, be respectful of
your neighbors and don't blast your music, etc, etc... - BUT you guys KNOW
and live by these already, right?

HepKitten & Bravo