Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #521
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Naww...didnt use the fridge at all, ...
Wow, you missed one of the great Airstream pleasures at Burning Man--opening the freezer for a scoop of ice cream!
Z
Old 10-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #522
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Touche! LOL

Next year I'll bring dry ice!
Cheers,

M
Old 10-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #523
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Hey RMB, thanks for the big projection TV. Seems to work great after it's week in the dust. (I rigged up a hoist at home to get it off my truck, and I don't think I'll vollunteer to carry it back out for next year).
Re the refrigs, hope you didn't miss the frozen strawberry margaritas mine made, it made two batches solid on playa this year.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #524
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Perry, You can do it. Watching the Trailer Park Boys-Priceless. I'll help you if you need some lifting power.

Adios,

Dan
Old 10-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #525
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
I am being flooded with catalogs for Christmas most of which I throw out. However one item caught my eye...No not Victoria's Secret ( she doesnt have any left!) but a neat little printer that will pump out a 4x6 colour photo from an iphone. I immediately thought of the postcard booth that Perry put up. We could take photos of Burners "as they are" and they could use them as postcards too. If you like the idea, I'll buy the thing and the supplies for lots of photos.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #526
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
...a neat little printer that will pump out a 4x6 colour photo from an iphone. ...We could take photos of Burners "as they are" and they could use them as postcards too. ...
If the media is printable on both sides, you could preprint one side with a suitable postcard-looking motif "from Burning Man," and "par avion," etc.

Zep
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #527
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB International
Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
If the media is printable on both sides, you could preprint one side with a suitable postcard-looking motif "from Burning Man," and "par avion," etc.

Zep
We had a friend that did something similar to this. He took pictures of a number of the core projects and the Man and made a little collage on the front and it had postcard motif on the back. I wrote, Wish you were here. It's one of my favorite mementos. I still wish I were there every time I look at it.
ShineyHiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 PM   #528
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Mayto , Jalisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyHiney

We had a friend that did something similar to this. He took pictures of a number of the core projects and the Man and made a little collage on the front and it had postcard motif on the back. I wrote, Wish you were here. It's one of my favorite mementos. I still wish I were there every time I look at it.
One thing we found out this year is that the Post Office gives out free postcards and they are located in a much higher traffics area. We set up a "DIY" table for post cards but had few takers, not sure it warrants more effort and money. Perhaps we can think of something else?
hollyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #529
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhunter View Post
One thing we found out this year is that the Post Office gives out free postcards and they are located in a much higher traffics area. We set up a "DIY" table for post cards but had few takers, not sure it warrants more effort and money. Perhaps we can think of something else?
Something cold and wet is almost always welcome, and is a great draw. Our camp had a bar for the first time in 2012 and it was a big hit. We brought nothing but the bar and our patrons brought all the spirits, which made it even more fun because you never knew what someone would come up with.
Also, you could rent a sno-cone machine and make lemondrop sno-cones! Margarita sno-cones, White Russian sno-cones! Bloody Mary sno-cones! Go crazy!
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #530
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Our "Best Playa Postcards" was brought to us and run by ChollaBill and Anne for two years, but they didn't make it to the playa this year; partly through problems with this years designated theme camp ticket program. We hope they'll make it back home next year.

NevadaGeo
Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #531
Julie F

1959 18' "Footer"
1976 27' Overlander
Sandy , Oregon
My plan for 2013 is having a flamingo lounge. I will make spicy flamingo shots with chile infused vodka and pink lemonade. Also going to soak gummy bears in vodka to give out. Wondering if there are gummy flamingos
winebuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #532
2 Rivet Member

2011 25' FB International
Plano , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by winebuff View Post
My plan for 2013 is having a flamingo lounge. I will make spicy flamingo shots with chile infused vodka and pink lemonade. Also going to soak gummy bears in vodka to give out. Wondering if there are gummy flamingos
Let me know if you need some Habaneros to infuse. We dehydrate the ones from our garden and make some awesome infused vodka. When we use Tito's we call it Tito's Tangy. It only takes a couple days to get REALLY tangy. Makes a great Bloody Mary. MMMMM.
ShineyHiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #533
Julie F

1959 18' "Footer"
1976 27' Overlander
Sandy , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineyHiney View Post
Let me know if you need some Habaneros to infuse. We dehydrate the ones from our garden and make some awesome infused vodka. When we use Tito's we call it Tito's Tangy. It only takes a couple days to get REALLY tangy. Makes a great Bloody Mary. MMMMM.

Very nice! I have some arbol chilies I use and soak them for a couple weeks. Hmmm, i will bring extra vodka in case I run out. Thx!!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #534
Julie F

1959 18' "Footer"
1976 27' Overlander
Sandy , Oregon
Does anyone hook up to caravan to BM or meet beforehand to camp? I am coming from Portland down so just thought I would throw it out there. Wonder if Wally would approve of this caravan?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #535
3 Rivet Member

2009 19' International
Woodinville , Washington
Caravan to BM

Some of us from "Pugetstan" briefly discussed caravaning to BM 2012, but everyone had different schedules. I stayed at a campground owned by a hippy burner just across the Or/Ca line, a couple of hours drive to BRC. It had utility hook-ups and was free to burners. I gifted him a bottle of our wine, however. It is called Eagle's Nest RV park. From there you can "stage" your arrival at BRC whenever you want. Coming from the north there is no place to camp, or even park, the last 100 miles. (ps: Be careful how you use the term "hook-up" when referring to Burning Man )

"It's like magic, only real"
(Bud Light commercial)

Women and cats can do as they please, while men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.(R. Heinlein)
50KIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #536
Julie F

1959 18' "Footer"
1976 27' Overlander
Sandy , Oregon
Don, good advice
I see you live in Woodinville. I am a wine distributor in Portland for Southern Wine and Spirits and rep lots of wines fr4om WA. I have heard of Eagles Nest. That may be the place, thx!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #537
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
From a recent New Yorker Magazine...

Click image for larger version

Name:	BM cartoon11052012_0000.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	172139
Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #538
3 Rivet Member

2009 19' International
Woodinville , Washington
Burning Man 2013

Well, is it time to start a new thread: Burning Man 2013? The theme has been announced: Cargo Cult. My mind is already churning with ideas for the Airstreameri/Geologists. For example all the Airstreams lined up as if they were airplanes parked next to an airstrip. That certainly would attract John Frum (or Don Frum).

"It's like magic, only real"
(Bud Light commercial)

Women and cats can do as they please, while men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.(R. Heinlein)
50KIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #539
Julie F

1959 18' "Footer"
1976 27' Overlander
Sandy , Oregon
Now I am excited to hear how tickets will be handled. If there are any NW streamers going in 2013 that want to meet at Summer Lake Hot Springs, Or on Sat before the burn, we will be staying there overnight in a rv site then heading down. I have a 59 airstream Globester btw
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #540
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50KIP View Post
Well, is it time to start a new thread: Burning Man 2013? The theme has been announced: Cargo Cult. My mind is already churning with ideas for the Airstreameri/Geologists. For example all the Airstreams lined up as if they were airplanes parked next to an airstrip. That certainly would attract John Frum (or Don Frum).
Soon, soon. We usually ask Bam to start it around the first of the year, we have started earlier. CargoCult? I'm trying to learn to cut down on the tonnage I schlep around. Haven't seen anything yet on the ticket program this year.
By the way, they're having flood warnings today in Reno from this rain storm. Sure wouldn't want to be on playa this week. If this rain was snow, I'd be snowed in and burried. Lot of moisture for around here at one time.

NevadaGeo