Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #239
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Hey we got listed in the list of applicates. This is just a list of those that hit the send button on a theme camp application. Note that I named the camp with an A word, we were 4th in the list last year but others are using an A word too this year, so we're between the 12 and 14 spot this year. Dangit. Theme Camps

Usually we get a chance to put a blurb in the Who What where why when howcom, (oh its What Where When), but their deadline seems to be in June and we get the notice of our address in July. Anybody wanta wordify something for the What Where When, or you'll be stuck with my dysfunctional verbage about some dusty talk and post cards or something. And oh, somebody contact ChollaBill and get their PlayaPostCards gear.
If someone can find a copy online of the What Where When before the burn that would be so great because the first we see one, then we find it agin on Thursday, is when they shove one in our hand as we get to do the first dust angels and strip search. No- the strip search is not at the road gate but at the gate at the Black Rock International Space Port for those flying in. Feather dusters enforced over there, and the strippee is the gate folks..I digress again. Fun to volunteer at the Space Port, usually at the end of 5:30 road, they usually are needing interceptors and gate folks; Pretty ones, not old f..ts like moi. They have pancake breakfast every Thursday.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #240
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
A little BMIR radio won't hurt BMIR - Burning Man Radio - 94.5 FM on the playa

And a little dust devil. Dust Devil at the Man - YouTube
Test questions; what is a common mode of transportation, what are common foot wear.

NevadaGeo
Old 06-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #241
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Wordifier Wished for What Where When Whatfor

Needing a Wordifier to come up with our blurb in the What Where When, the Jack Rabbit Speaks bman-announce-subscribe@burningman.com <bman-announce-subscribe@burningman.com> just came out with the announcement on it's opening. Hey they even coordinate our address with the event this year, even though we don't know it yet. First 960 in gets pubished:

[BManUpdate] V16:#20:06.15.12 SUBMIT YOUR PLAYA EVENT FOR INCLUSION IN THE WHAT WHERE WHEN GUIDE & PLAYA INFO DIRECTORY

Hey now, it's time to whip up a snappy description of your on-playa event to appear in the online Playa Events Calendar and possibly in the printed What Where When guide. There's a brief window of time to try and get your submission published in the print version, starting June 15 and ending by July 1 (though we may run out of space before then). Events can continue to be entered for the online version up until the event.

When you are entering info about your event you will have the opportunity to submit the bite-sized 140 character description for print (please don't get too crazy with abbreviations, they get really tough to read when there are nearly 1000 of them...), as well as a lengthier description that will appear online. If you're with a registered Theme Camp don't worry that you're placement hasn't been announced yet, we'll take care of listing your address with your events.

To get started, visit: Burning Man: Participate, Playa Info Directory

NevadaGeo
Old 06-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #242
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
We're Lisssting Again

We’re Lissting…here’s who’s and what with
NevadaGeo, 1, 31'Excella with long truck; Chief grump, gives dusty talk and LNT MOOPer.
Zeppelinium, 1 plus 1 probable, Sovereign with truck, Rodeo Master
NevadaAU (Gary) 1, tenting with truck. Gives EXCELLENT dust talk.

Foregranite1, car and tenting, geotype
BamCamper, 1 Bambi with Cherokee, best Hostess

Tranquilo Ron, Airstream 345.
50KIP, 1,
19' AS, 19' TV. BRC Deccommodification Agent lead
huskyfan, 2, Chief Id Eas & AntiDisorganizer
RG Coleman, 2?, Bambi w truck. Chief Media Officer
jDalyrmple, 2, 27’ with truck, Mutant Vehicle in Progress

Gnewel Gail and Kelli, 2, Virgin Bambi last year. Best guy-no talk on playa
MarkParker22, 1, 27?footer with Suburban type.
Danlehosky, 2, 21’ Flying Cloud with Tahoe or Silverado. Tow 2000 watt gens and willing engineer
RMB, 23’ International

I know I've got details wrong, but this is who that I know probably will be out and getting dusty with us.

NevadaGeo
Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #243

Tulsa , Oklahoma
Hello all! I haven't checked in here in a while but Burning Man is still a go for me I will likely be driving from eastern North Dakota and tenting unless I can find someone to sell me a used hexayurt/commission one.

I have to say that I love the Trailer Trash theme, and cannot second the Trailer Park Boys suggestion enough! That show is literally one of the best things ever. I have some pink flamingos and a bobble head alligator, but on the note of television-inspired ideas - does anybody here watch Squidbillies? Background knowledge of the show isn't important, but there is a sign on one of the houses that says "P-Nutz + Hairdoos." I was thinking that I could make a sign like that, and when I'm hanging around in camp I can give visitors peanuts and, well, horrible hairdos as a contribution.

Also, geology talk! Not sure about what yet, but I'll figure it out
Old 06-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #244
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Nevadageo, A 25ft FC. I can bring other tools as well. We have a huge shop full. How can we be helpful We can plumb, braize , solder, build, design, act inappropriately, weld etc. We(my son and I)are both very adept at construction. I however have the edge on him for inappropriate behavior as I am a product of a very liberal 60's. I will behave myself though. I need to know more about what you are trying to do theme wise and I can get out the Autocad and go to town. I will share my gens with whoever needs them. I have the capacity for a 30 amp hookup.

Dan
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #245
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Just to clarify...
There is absolutely no need to behave yourself in any way.

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #246
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
We do need a shade structure for the center of the camp area facing the road.
We'll fill it with chairs or other lounging possibilities. The Airstreams kind of park on three sides in a U-ish fashion around the open center area used for signs, games, potlucks, hanging out, harassing or hosting passersby. If anyone has a structure or structures or ideas on how to make one, great. Size is flexible as is design but it is nice to have shade. And of course it must be secured against heavy winds. Thoughts??

Old 06-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #247
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Nice listing Perry. And as Chief Mooper you can Deputize all Noobs to join the LNT Patrol. I'm bringing my 2007 Bucket.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #248
3 Rivet Member

2009 19' International
Woodinville , Washington
The Man burns in 77 days!

"It's like magic, only real"
(Bud Light commercial)

Women and cats can do as they please, while men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.(R. Heinlein)
50KIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #249
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Re, Shade.

We are experts at blue tarp camping and duct tape. I know this sounds hokey but my Son also named Dan does a lot of asbestos and lead paint remidiation work and I've seen him build some incredible structures. Any thoughts on this.

I know the wind can be a problem but shade structures could be designed with top vents that would eliminate much os the sail, I haven't got my tickets or survival guide yet so some of the acronyms are puzzeling to me.

Blue tarp camping is I think a Washington institution. We could do the same thing for shade. Sail is a function of surface and wind velocity and venting will eliminate much of this. Much like a teepee. The wheels are turning.

Dan
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #250
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Classic
Copper Falls , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky View Post
Re, Shade.

We are experts at blue tarp camping and duct tape. I know this sounds hokey but my Son also named Dan does a lot of asbestos and lead paint remidiation work and I've seen him build some incredible structures. Any thoughts on this.

I know the wind can be a problem but shade structures could be designed with top vents that would eliminate much os the sail, I haven't got my tickets or survival guide yet so some of the acronyms are puzzeling to me.

Blue tarp camping is I think a Washington institution. We could do the same thing for shade. Sail is a function of surface and wind velocity and venting will eliminate much of this. Much like a teepee. The wheels are turning.

Dan
any chance that blue tarp could be silver?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #251
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Classic
Copper Falls , Michigan
ideas ...

Rock on with the Silver Streamers. Rocks of the Playa. Have a geologist tell you what's really in the dust. <day> <time> <location>

Playa Dust. need we say more? Geologists talk about what it is. <day> <time> <location>

Dust got you down? Let us help. Rock Doc's talk Playa dust. <day> <time>
<location>

Geology of the Playa. Airstreams in the desert. <day> <time>
<location>

is this the kind of stuff you are looking for NevGeo? more words? less words? other events?

(as always, feel free to use, not use, change or tell me to go stuff myself)
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #252
2 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Pittsboro , North Carolina
I have my tickets and am planning to come with brother Bill. 25' Safari with truck.