Old 05-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #211
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
Bam, thanks for the marching orders! I’ll start scouring the thrift stores for extra flamingos and bring whatever else to enhance our trailer trash environment (including appropriate cheezewiz and vienna sausage-based tray pass hors d'oeuvres).
Wish I had a corn hole game...

Old 05-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #212
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
If the theme is to relate to "trailer park trash" may I suggest the following? One of the funniest TV series to hit Canadian airwaves was " Trailer Park Boys" for 6 seasons..I have DVDs of the series annd they are side spliiters. Julian, Bubbles and Ricky who live in Medowvale Trailer PArk are always trying to find ways to make money be it selling dope or stealing groceries. In any event, its very funny.

We could put up a TV and play the DVDs non stop at night. I have a generator and the DVS...all we need is a TV and some chairs.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #213
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Whatever works, we are in.

Our Mutant is progressing, the paint when on this past weekend.

The mechanization starts this week. Already designed and the metal is cut, just the fabrication to go.

Of course it will have boat seats and a white cotton top by the time it gets to the playa.

I hope the folks at the DMV see things our way!

The first pic is the carriage mock up for our DMV app.

The last is the paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playa queen.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	158933

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	481.1 KB
ID:	158934

Regards,
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #214
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
If the theme is to relate to "trailer park trash" may I suggest the following? One of the funniest TV series to hit Canadian airwaves was " Trailer Park Boys" for 6 seasons..I have DVDs of the series annd they are side spliiters. Julian, Bubbles and Ricky who live in Medowvale Trailer PArk are always trying to find ways to make money be it selling dope or stealing groceries. In any event, its very funny.

We could put up a TV and play the DVDs non stop at night. I have a generator and the DVS...all we need is a TV and some chairs.
Perfect!
We have loads of chairs. (some are even leftovers forgotten from previous years)
I'll bring popcorn and cheap libations.
Now if someone can bring a viewable screen...

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #215
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG Coleman View Post
Bam, thanks for the marching orders! I’ll start scouring the thrift stores for extra flamingos and bring whatever else to enhance our trailer trash environment (including appropriate cheezewiz and vienna sausage-based tray pass hors d'oeuvres).
Wish I had a corn hole game...
Can't wait to see the gorgeous lounge wear you'll be sporting from the thrift store!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #216
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Whatever works, we are in.

Our Mutant is progressing, the paint when on this past weekend.

The mechanization starts this week. Already designed and the metal is cut, just the fabrication to go.

Of course it will have boat seats and a white cotton top by the time it gets to the playa.

Ship ahoy!
Looking good.
I see a playa boat christening ceremony in our future.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #217
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
It just took 24 minutes to load this page, sheesh. Somebody I don't know sent me a PM about ticket, doubt that will load before tommorrow. Forget about my MSN email out here.
Bam, I've been telling everyone the potluck is Wed, 6ish with geotalks after, and maybe more talks other days. Hoping to get some of the Friends of Black Rock to show up so we can slyly get them to do some geotalk too. We probaby could do leftovers Thursday too. I feel like a leftover today.
Potluck Wednesday it is...with the hilarious and always entertaining geologists immediately following. Bring something fresh for Perry.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #218
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
This year's lottery solution to ticketing has been an unmitigated success story! In fact, it’s been so well received by Burners the world over that it’s being expanded to include other areas of this year’s Burn. The lottery will be used for many attractions and services within the city including porta-potties, ice vending, the Center Camp Café, and entering the Temple as well as the city itself.

“If there’s one thing we learned from this process, it’s that randomly selecting winners is the most efficient method of operation possible in situations like these,” said Burning Man founder Larry Harvey. “As with ticket sales, rewarding people with the opportunity to buy ice or leave letters in the temple in the order they showed up just didn’t seem fair in our eyes, so we’re eliminating the first come, first served (FCFS) system…for everything.”
Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
WHOOOO HOOOOO Got our tickets ordered this morning. Thanks Bamcamper and Nevadageo.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #220
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlehosky
WHOOOO HOOOOO Got our tickets ordered this morning. Thanks Bamcamper and Nevadageo.
"ordered"? Aren't you a bit late?
Old 05-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #221
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Onemanclan, why would I be late? Better late than never I guess. I got my confirmation codes etc. May 31st is the deadline. Please eludicate.
Dan
Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #222
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Classic
Copper Falls , Michigan
Greetings fellow tin can tourists!

We have our tickets!!! (whew)

Trailer trash? Pink flamingos Croquet set. Rollers for my hair White socks and sandals for the mister. I'm still looking for those perfect little spandex pants that can do SO much for a women's figure.

have lab coats (with pocket protectors, natch) nerd glasses. Variety of test tubes to drink out of.

The mister - I can't believe it and you won't either once you meet him - has consented to wear a tutu. I'm thinking something simple lots of tulle but not so much on the ribbons. The whole leotard thing is escaping him at the moment. Will work on that.

We are husky fans of the Michigan Technological University - formerly the Michigan School of Mines. Rabid dog fans of the hockey program. So we will no doubt sport a jersey or two while there.

Our community up here brews a variety of craft beers. The labels are cleverly done in mining themes. The beer is good too!
Mmmm. Pickaxe Blonde. Shall bring many cases for geology talks. And no doubt many cases to gift. And many cases to drink.

We are Yoopers. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The UP. Yoopers. We talk like the folks in the movie Fargo. We have several strange foods - pasties, squeaky cheese, thimbleberry jam - will stock up on those too.

And BloodyMarys.

Obviously water water and more water.

Oh! And our little corner of the world was once the largest copper producing area in the US. Anyone want samples? And I may try to make some simple jewelry with it.

Do we do campfires? We could bring wood - we have lots - no emerald ash borers around here either. Can we use grills?

How many, roughly, attend the pot luck?

What does Nevada Geo like to drink? I owe him a bottle of something

any answers, ideas, questions etc would be appreciated!

we shall burn this summer or go down in flames trying!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #223
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Campfires are fine as long as they are raised above the playa surface (fire heat hardens and scars the desert surface) and are contained to prevent MOOPy ash and stuff from spilling out. Burn barrels are a fairly common solution. Leave no trace.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #224
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Well, we wear white socks and sandals all the time in the PNW. How about some Badmitton. We're starting to make our list and checking it twice. Pink Flamingos for sure. And real Husky fans live in Seattle....... I'll have to bring some school gear. I'm looking at maps. Is the only way in from Reno? Is there an alternate route that will bring me in from the north? Do we have to take our clothes off and roll in the dust?
Dan