Old 03-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #85
2 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
tucson , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to Chollabill
Bill and Annie would like to join this group again this year. We'll plan on doing post cards again and try to come up with something else. Give us some kind of idea what you would like for signs and Annie could probably come up with something. Bill

Old 03-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #86
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chollabill View Post
Bill and Annie would like to join this group again this year. We'll plan on doing post cards again and try to come up with something else. Give us some kind of idea what you would like for signs and Annie could probably come up with something. Bill
Hey Hi Bill and Annie! I don't think I've thanked you folks enough for your participation last year, the cards were a great hit, and somehow we had you parked in the perfect spot for the cards too.
(oops, you're delegated for the post cards again, thanks! Grab some more artsy folks and we got one corner of the "interactivity" requirement done!)

Here's a little thread from one of our resident neighbors to the playa up there, I hope we can coerce her into stopping by our camp with her 60 foot boom truck some time. Looks like the the whole event depends on her keeping the media wire connection going. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f368...ada-74358.html

Only six months left till we come home!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Any where the wind blows me , California
So have we decided on the theme yet?

Julie
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #88
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Ok fellow playa-ites, lets play a game of "If this was today at BurningMan, what would we be doing? So today it's Sunday, you're on the way toward the Black Rock Desert. Or the Desert Rose. Or stopping at that gorgeous Wal-Mart in Fernley to pick up some bottled water. I'd probably be already onshift at the DMV (Department of Mutant Vehicles) inspecting this years crop of incredible moving art. What say we all?

NevadaGeo
Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Bart's a ranger this year with early arrival permission, so we'd be putting the finishing touches on camp, setting up the evap pond, wandering over to the DMV to say howdy to NevadaGeo, signing up for work shifts, watching the place turn into a city and get ready for the arriving hordes.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #90
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
The temple looks neat this year....

The Temples

- Bart
http://smaalders.net/barts
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:46 AM   #91
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
I will have finished helping set up camp by sunday and will be well on my way to another very wonderful, yet hard to remember, gathering of friends and soon-to-be-friends. I hope to be the conductor of our art car once again also. Last year we logged something like 200 miles (at 5mph) and we carried hundreds of virgins and others along with us to introduce them to the event in grand style.
I just ordered my ticket, and in the spirit of giving I ordered one for our camp mom also. She is the glue that holds our camp together even though she doesn't seem to know it. There are a lot of people in financial situations that won't allow them to get to the burn this year without help. If you know someone in need, who would otherwise be there, reach out and touch them, with a ticket.

Burn on....

Rich the Viking
Old 03-28-2011, 03:53 AM   #92
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Okay, It's past midnite so the caravan is on the trail up to Gerlach and the playa from Wadsworth. 45 mph max for all the U-Hauls plogging the road, which is good because there's like no safe places to pass in the 70 miles. After hours and hours in line (sounds like a place for a moving party) you get to the ticketers and they what? Search the A/S for feather boas? Honest. And no plants or pets. Then the greeters make the virgins ring the gong, for the rest of us: Lucy, we're Home!
Still a half hour to the camp. Perhaps someone will greet you at camp with a frozen type drink to quench some thirst.

NevadaGeo
Old 03-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #93
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by webspinner View Post
Bart's a ranger this year with early arrival permission, so we'd be putting the finishing touches on camp, setting up the evap pond, wandering over to the DMV to say howdy to NevadaGeo, signing up for work shifts, watching the place turn into a city and get ready for the arriving hordes.

Bart, now that's a guy that really knows how to relax!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

2007 22' International CCD
fLUSHING , New York
Hello every one how can i be apart of the air-burn community. I have some lasers and fog and airstream an am willing you help make this a great time. Please get back to me.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #95
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
1973 27' Overlander
1977 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCosta View Post
Hello every one how can i be apart of the air-burn community. ...
1. Get a ticket.
2. Say you want to be part of the party.
3. Contribute ideas to the camp theme.
4. Show up.

It's easy...
Zeppelinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #96
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
It sounds like it would be such a blast. If I lived closer I would definitley do it. I like the fact you buy a ticket and show up. I am going to do that for 2012 Bonnaroo in TN.

I hope I can get other folks to go to bonnaroo with there airstream. You buy a concert and RV ticket and just go. I would love to see the burning at night and the light shows. Please post more pictures the next time you go.

Nothing better then sitting outside your airstream listening to famous headliners playing music.

Brian
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #97
2 Rivet Member

1958 26' Overlander
tucson , Arizona
Send a message via AIM to Chollabill
Hello folks, Posting to let you know I've booked a very talented Tucson entertainer to play her guitar and sing her songs . Check her out at "leilalopezsongs.com". We met her there last year and found out we went to high school with her parents and aunt and uncle. She is a very nice person. Any word on where our camp will be? We would like to reserve a street front site again to "sell" Playa Postcards. Bill and Annie
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Bill and Annie, rest assured you'll have a front site this year, if I have to give you mine to do it. Everybody; bring some stamps for them and the Black Rock City Post Office Zip 89412, and maybe something for their card stock.
OK, now its Monday nite on the playa, you're sorta settled in, maybe you took some pointers on Mark's awning hold downs to keep our little breezes from launching the awning and the weights you hung on it past the trash fence. Now what to do? Hopefully you've appointed somebody to peruse the What Where When book they gave you at the gate to check it out...oops, you missed the presentation by a cultural anthopologist from University of Nevada at Camp Anthro. Oh there's still Mohito Monday oops that was done at 7, still maybe make the Mad Hatter's Progressive Tea Party over at Deviant Playground. Gigsville invited you to ride their elite art cars. And there's lots more in there we'd betterrrr nott spell that oh there's whisky tasting at Whiskey and Dust camp. Monday nite Movies. and over there 80's Pop hits at Planet Earth till 3, the night is still young.

(last years bulletin, your mileage may vary, and we won't know where we are until probably Forthof JuPlaya)

NevadaGeo

Tags
rally, burning man, group