Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #281
Aluminum Falcon Mechanic

1972 31' Sovereign
Wesley chapel , Florida
Honestly officer the contents of that tire are not my property. I'm just delivering it for a friend...
Darkspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #282
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitneyBead View Post
Is anyone from Oregon going this year?
I have an AS tire and wheel that I'm trying to get to another forum member. If I bring it from Tulsa to BM, could you take it from BM on to Oregon and meet up with the other member somehow?

Let me know
Jitney
Tuna guys come from Coos Bay and Eugene areas. I could introduce you to them if you want.
Cheers,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #283
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
I also know some Burners from Portland who will be at another camp.

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #284
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Wow. A week to go!
Starting to pack up the trailer...

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #285
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
We'll be leaving on Friday, overnighting near Reno and hitting the playa Saturday since we have early admission due to Rangering...

Trailer is getting packed, food cooked and frozen ahead of time, mutant vehicles being finished and prepped for the playa... a busy week, indeed.

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #286
Charlyf

2008 20' Safari SE
Carmel Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to Charlyf
Leave No Trace

I believe that the readers of this thread are all old hands at this but here are some thoughts I got from the Earth Guardians about preparation.
  1. We pledge to Leave No Trace in and around our campsite, including our own and others’ waste.
  2. We will read the survival guide, complete our camp’s Leave No Trace Plan and share it with the entire camp.
  3. We will plan the assembly and takedown of our structures and decorations and tape the edges of our carpets
  4. We will inventory vehicle space so that we can pack out everything
  5. We will take the packaging off of just about everything and stock up on reusable producs and containers
  6. We will shop for simple finger foods and prepare meals in advance to reduce waste.
  7. We will bring no glass, cheap trinkets, small feathers, and anything that might get left on the playa
Charlyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #287
2 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Wendy and I will be spending Sunday night at Desert Rose RV, then coming in Monday morning. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Zenflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #288
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
Quote:
  • We will bring no glass ... or anything that might get left on the playa
Well, I'm going to bring the good stuff in glass containers... but I'll be sure to haul them out again.

The trick is to make sure what disposable packaging you have is burnable... the aluminum cans get recycled on-playa - the rest goes home.

Remember that paper towels are a great way to substitute for lots of water on playa; every food dish gets wiped down w/ them. Remember, you can burn the paper towels w/o any problems; just bring some paper bags for burnables.

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 PM   #289
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Last minute job delegations: Virgins go out and photo all the artwork and report back, there'll probably be get together most evenings to share food, libations, stories. Also in the morning. Wednesday 6ish potluck and maybe some scientific arm waving if we can twist some arms, Thurs Allison in Wonderland Mad Hatter Croquet Game, Artery tour maybe Thurs and Wed and Tues morning.
If you get bored and can't find enough artwork to check out, there's always lots of places needing vollunteer work: The Airport usually needs interceptors and greeters (Remember it is an International Airport and they do strip searches on all incoming flights, um the searcher does the..) DMV sometimes has on playa training. Lamplighters if you want to be a monk lighting the streets. I suspect the food commisary can use help.
Four days to playa time!!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #290
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Lehi , Utah
We plan on leaving this evening around 6ish and heading west from Utah. A night on the road and then three in Tahoe to decompress from weeks of Preparation. We are not sure where we will be camping but we do plan on visiting Airstream Camp. We are in a 69 Overlander parked next to a rockstar looking Prevost.

Burn On!!
Clay and Kim
ClayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #291
Charlyf

2008 20' Safari SE
Susie's dad just went into the hospital. We are probably not coming . Please tell Perry.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #292
Rivet Master

I know a couple of folks who are still looking for tickets if anyone hears of any.
Thanks!
Rich The Burner
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #293
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Wish I was in the position to be looking for tickets. I would love to meet Rich the Viking Burner....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Last minute job delegations: Virgins go out and photo all the artwork and report back, there'll probably be get together most evenings to share food, libations, stories. Also in the morning. Wednesday 6ish potluck and maybe some scientific arm waving if we can twist some arms, Thurs Allison in Wonderland Mad Hatter Croquet Game, Artery tour maybe Thurs and Wed and Tues morning.
If you get bored and can't find enough artwork to check out, there's always lots of places needing vollunteer work: The Airport usually needs interceptors and greeters (Remember it is an International Airport and they do strip searches on all incoming flights, um the searcher does the..) DMV sometimes has on playa training. Lamplighters if you want to be a monk lighting the streets. I suspect the food commisary can use help.
Four days to playa time!!
"If you get bored" is not a possibility. We are pumped. I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas. We've made it from Chicago to Evanston, Neb. Elko, Utah tonite, Sparks, NV Friday & Saturday, Nixon on Sunday, and then the playa!
anderita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderita View Post
"If you get bored" is not a possibility. We are pumped. I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas. We've made it from Chicago to Evanston, Neb. Elko, Utah tonite, Sparks, NV Friday & Saturday, Nixon on Sunday, and then the playa!
I must have had altitude sickness! Evanston is in Wyoming. Elko is in Nevada!
anderita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #296
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
You can't buy nothing in Black Rock City. except

Last minute note for the newbies: You can't use money at Black Rock City, everything is done on gifting basis. Except ICE and COFFEE, and for our special needs; there are VACUUM TRUCKS roaming the city to gladly pump out our holding tanks, you flag one down and they'll gladly take $60 or so to relieve you of your past reliefs if your tanks are needing relief. We usually try to park so they can get to the reliefing end of your A/S, and sometimes there's a group effort to snag a truck Wed or Thursday, always right when you're out the door for the Artery tour or the middle of potluck. Just thought you might be worrying about that halfway out to Gerlach.
Oh, the road to Gerlach. Fill up before you leave Fernley or Wadsworth or Alturus, sometimes the line in or out can back up for hours. There's gas in Empire and Gerlach, but only one or two pumps.
Oh, and GPS or maps will tell you it's only an hour and half up the road, NAW, every one in front of you is pulling a U-Haul with a speed limit of 45, relax and enjoy the view of Ancient Lahontan Lake beach gravel deposits riming the hillsides, and those Turtle looking things by that dry lake bed are siliceous and dolomitic crystalline Travertine.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderita View Post
I must have had altitude sickness! Evanston is in Wyoming. Elko is in Nevada!
I was about to send medicine (produced in Napa, of course) and an intravenous drip. Glad you recovered. I'll be demonstrating digital moving maps throughout the week...

OK, I'm heading out of Salt Lake in the wee hours in the morning. See some of you on Saturday! I like US 50, the loneliest highway, including the southern detour through Old 50. Some nice camping spots up high along that segment. So it will be a great drive.

Hi-yo, Burners,
Zep
Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #298
2 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
myrtle beach , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
My bad probably on copying the list. Somebody remind me to bring the barbeque-firepit thingy, I was working near it today cutting up some downed dead cottonwood; maybe I'll put a little cottonwood in to bring-not that many folks sit around a campfire in our camp, there's lots bigger things to go see out there. Can't wait to see what the Flaming Lotus Girls are welding up for us, here's something from '09 I believe:

sorry for the last minute cancellation - we will still be coming to the playa but have been roped into another camp (with our kids friends and stuff). We will certainly visit our shiny brethren.

jay
jhelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #299
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quiiik while I found a connection...We're on Funeral at 3:15 and waiting for yall. We might come over and kidnap you back jhelion. Charly might still make it, they'll make decision Monday if they can come or not.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #300
Charlyf

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumbs up we are coming

the decision it is go.
I will pick up susy in reno
we will be there by Wednesday