Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #261
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Theme Camp Booklet

Is there a downloadable Theme Camp Booklet? I know that in 2007 we got a booklet at arrival but since they are trying to cut down on paper use at the burn I thought one might be posted.
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamGypsy View Post
Is there a downloadable Theme Camp Booklet? I know that in 2007 we got a booklet at arrival but since they are trying to cut down on paper use at the burn I thought one might be posted.
As far as I know, everyone still gets the book(let) at the gate, I don't think I've seen anything that says we don't. I'd like to get one early too to see what we miss the first couple days, I always read up on events after the date. Anybody know a link?

Ok latest parking news, the 27'SOB per Mark has been upgraded to a 42'SOB.
I don't think any of our crew has kids coming that I know of.
It looks like we'll be being creative to fit everyone in at this point. Maybe we can stack?
Anybody think of a suitable gift for our hosts Shadow and BlackJack?

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #263
Richard77

1959 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
eckert , Colorado and Mexico
I'm not going to be able to attend, so you'll have more room as my 99 guests won't make it either. Original plan was BM then Baja, but now I have to be there Sept 7th. Follow my travels here Baja Travel Blog | Just another WordPress site Send me pics of what I missed Have too much fun!! Safe travels to all!
Portfolio https://myflash.biz

richard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmehal View Post
Is there room with the group for two-three more trailers/motorhome? Anyone bringing kids? We have and 8 and 10 year old. Trying to determine if we should just try to stay in kidsville. Never been. Thinking of last minute spontaneous "burn"! Thanks
My bad, too grumpy. Too many days strait of work but few hours on the pay. Airstreamers! You're welcome to come check us out, I'll let others decide if we'll have room.
Going back to my grumpy hole..Worky Thursday, Friday, then I'm playabound!

NevadaGeo
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #265
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
Hi all,
Since this is my first BM adventure what is the gift giving about? What do people bring etc?

Julie
jaojamjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #266
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaojamjab View Post
...Since this is my first BM adventure what is the gift giving about? What do people bring etc?...
Simple stuff--booze, food

If you've got some service or gimmick, that would be fun, like being able to print a photo, provide Ham radio communications to the outside, or hand out trinkets of some kind.

Zep
Old 08-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #267
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaojamjab View Post
Hi all,
Since this is my first BM adventure what is the gift giving about? What do people bring etc?
Some people bring mementos to give away or share food or drinks... others share art car rides, henna tattoos, body painting, etc. It's about being a participant instead of an observer. Others give away useful, if moopy, things such as glow sticks to darkwads - those who wonder about sans any form of illumination in the dark. [Remember, it will be quite dark this year so bring a headlamp (best) or flashlight; a small flashing LED bike light attached to your camelback or backpack really helps too! ]

Don't worry about it - but if the opportunity strikes itself, help someone out. Burning Man can be a challenging place; having a passerby lend a hand can make a big difference. One of the things people comment on after their first burn is how nice the people are - it's usually not at all a typical crowd scene.

See you on the playa -

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #268
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Here's an interesting map of the art I just found: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...azFERmOF&hl=en

And, BMIR 94.5 is on live: http://listen.shoutingfire.com:12345/live.m3u

NevadaGeo
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #269
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamGypsy View Post
I just got this in reply to the question to the Reno Regional list. Looks like its got everything, but can we use it without internet or computer I haven't found out yet:
Burning Man Earth : 2010 - Playa Events

I also just got a email from Zea, her husband is going to put the geodesic dome at another camp, she's got drilling permits at the mine she's running so she'll be making dust down near Silver Peak. Hope she can make it for a day or two.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #270
4 Rivet Member

1961 16' Bambi
Mancos , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to AirstreamGypsy
Perry,

Good to know about the booklet. The map was really interesting. wanted to print it but my printer is out of ink, so no go. Oh well.

I'm off! only 7 minutes later that my projected blast off. Not Bad. And of course that just 'cause I want to say I'm Off!
My Earthship
AirstreamGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #271
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
I flew from Las Vegas to Reno last night with J Knizzle, who is one of the voices of BMIR and is also responsible for sounds that will be playing at the Man this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Here's an interesting map of the art I just found: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...azFERmOF&hl=en

And, BMIR 94.5 is on live: http://listen.shoutingfire.com:12345/live.m3u
StreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #272
3 Rivet Member

1965 30' Sovereign
1975 26' Argosy 26
beaverton , Oregon
So I was slightly unsure about the "revision" on rally info. Are you all still caravaning at the Desert Rose? Or just meeting in BRC designated them camp location? I'm thinking you're not caravaning now?

Imagine the sight of them linked together!

gmehal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #273
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I believe a few are still meeting at the Desert Rose and coming in early Monday, that's one of the things I miss by volunteering on playa early. Barts, when are you bringing in the mutants? But the frozen drink is in the freezer waiting on yall for Monday though. If I don't get thirsty first. hmmm. Well I've got more fixins to make more anyway.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #274
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
I believe a few are still meeting at the Desert Rose and coming in early Monday, that's one of the things I miss by volunteering on playa early. Barts, when are you bringing in the mutants? But the frozen drink is in the freezer waiting on yall for Monday though. If I don't get thirsty first. hmmm. Well I've got more fixins to make more anyway.
If all goes according to plan (ha!), we should be arriving shortly after the event opens; we don't have early arrival passes. I've got a mentoring shift Tuesday, so I'll be busy assembling things on Monday... my mutant vehicle needs a lot of disassembly to travel on the truck. Brian's MV is much simpler to reconfigure for travel.

- Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #275
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Bart, be sure to have Brian's super super, super spectacular, the word is we have to pare down to 500 MV licenses on the playa from the about 750 we sent invites to come to the gate of the 1200 or so applications we got. Not fun, but Black Rock City is evolving. The restriction comes from LEO and perhaps higher wanting some small percentage of mutants per number of city residents, doesnt' come from DMV. I can't wait to see some of the spectacular moving art we have this year! Placement does the same thing I think so I'm really astounded we got placed. We'll get the word to step it up a whole lot to get placed next year, not sure when.
Finally got the stuffing stuffed, gonna nap a few hours til I can drive then hit the road! Just a few hours till I'm home again!

NevadaGeo
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #276
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
I was hoping to meet in Fernley but it is unclear as to when everyone is leaving Desert Rose. Is it Sunday night or Monday morning? Does anyone know?
Thanks, Julie
Old 08-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #277
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Desert Rose

Ed and I are at the Desert Rose now. Eric and Summer are also here. Laurel and Ron were here, but left this morning with their early entrance passes. They should be at camp by now. We haven't discussed an entrance plan. That will probably come tomorrow. Come join us and we can figure one out and all head home together.

There is internet on the Playa so maybe we will get and update from Laurel and Ron on what the conditions are. From reports I have heard, at times it is very windy, like turn over porta potty windy, which may impact when is the best time to go in. It was cool last night, it is also cool today and someone said the high tomorrow is supposed to be 70. Pack accordingly.

Bill
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #278
2 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
langley , Washington
Spent last night at Summer Lake Hot Springs-lots of burners, very nice evening. The rain began late. I am now in Cedarville, it has rained all day and is raining hard now temp in the 50s all day. The forecast looks better as the week progresses.
unsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:14 PM   #279
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
Hi Bill,
I'm planning on leaving tomorrow from the Sacramento area, should be there in the afternoon or early evening so if you all are there great otherwise I'll see you in the Playa.
Julie
Old 08-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #280
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Mark pulled in just a little while ago and it looks like we have RG Coleman here also.

If you want leave leave me you cell number and if for some reason we decide to go in early I can call you and give you an update.

Private message it to me if you want.

Bill