Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #127
2 Rivet Member
 
1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 34
Location, location, location....

Nice job on getting a theme camp!!! Attached is this years map. Good access to the Playa as well as the Petting Zoo...and Opulent Temple...

Hope to see everyone there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-BRC-20100616_full.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	106472  
__________________

__________________
StreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #128
Richard77
 
richard77's Avatar
 
1959 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
eckert , Colorado and Mexico
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 94
Quote:
Good access to the Playa as well as the Petting Zoo...and Opulent Temple...
I have to find away to Burning man now! My favorite place! - Opulent Temple

A 10 sq easy up survived BM 2008 tied down at the corners to J shape rebar 24'' long. I used landscaping cloth for 2 sides held with bungie cord in case they needed quick removal.Landscaping fabric is cheap, durable, lets wind pass thru and lightweight.

Idea - create a 3 times life size airstream, say 60 x 22 feet. placed on a 8' ht base ( scaffolding) The 3x airstream could be made from reflective mylar ( plastic film/sheet) and mylar tape or maybe foil insulation. I have used mylar for an air structure previously) The 3x AS would be an air structure ( balloon). It would require a continous fan, and generater. A 36'' fan should be large enough. This 3x Airstream would be the mothership, providing community space and shade. We could even run 12'' flexible duct to each airstream, umbilical cords from the mother ship. If a very severe wind storm develops, unplug the fan, but built right, it should just sway even in severe winds. Oh wait. I have lots of ideas, but no money! I can draw this up if anyone is interested and has a funding source.
__________________

__________________
Richard
Baja Blog http://360panoramas.com
Store http://zazzle.com/zgdesign*
Portfolio http://myflash.biz

richard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #129
Rivet Master
 
Yhottys's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Images: 28
Playa Conditions

Hello fellow 'Streaming Burners!

We just got back recently from Fourth of Juplaya (Murray was the chef at the Feed the Artists camp, www.feedtheartists.net/) and are happy to report that the playa seems perfect-hard and dry, where we were camped off of the 12 mile entrance. 8 mile also looked good, 3 mile was still a little soft.

That's us below, on the third of Juplaya, taken above Black Rock Hot Springs (way too hot to skin dip, but Frog Pond and Trego were perfect) on the high dry playa.

We'll look forward to seeing you on the Playa!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gemma and Murray Black Rock High Dry Playa 070310.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	106570  
__________________
Gemma and Murray
Yhottys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #130
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhottys View Post
Hello fellow 'Streaming Burners!

We just got back recently from Fourth of Juplaya (Murray was the chef at the Feed the Artists camp, www.feedtheartists.net/) and are happy to report that the playa seems perfect-hard and dry, where we were camped off of the 12 mile entrance. 8 mile also looked good, 3 mile was still a little soft.

That's us below, on the third of Juplaya, taken above Black Rock Hot Springs (way too hot to skin dip, but Frog Pond and Trego were perfect) on the high dry playa.

We'll look forward to seeing you on the Playa!
Does this mean we have another chef in our camp? Mark P sure makes some fine dishes.
Seems everyone I know was out at 4th of July JuPlaya, but I didnt know anybody I saw out there.
I was just trying to help Gary, another geologist friend of mine log on here to register as one of the tenters, this site doesn't seem to like his computer or something. It wouldn't let me log on here on his computer either.
See everybody soon on playa!
__________________
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:11 AM   #131
Maniacal Engineer
 
barts's Avatar
 
1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,223
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 4
Mmmm Hard playa surface again - wonderful. Much nicer for getting around on bikes or the art car....

Thanks for the update!

= Bart
__________________
Bart Smaalders
Menlo Park, CA
http://tinpickle.blogspot.com
http://smaalders.net/barts
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #132
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member
 
ArtStream's Avatar
 
1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,002
Images: 65
Blog Entries: 1
Perry, "You've done a Man's job sir."

Shouts out to the placement team of Shadow&Blackjack !

Super great placement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	depraidabm7.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	106627  
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #133
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Everybody get your dancing gear and get practices up! Actually, we denied this in DMV processing for TOO MUCH NOISE, like its got 10kwatts of sound: YouTube - Burning Man 2009 "Robot Heart"
__________________
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #134
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard77 View Post
I have to find away to Burning man now! My favorite place! - Opulent Temple

A 10 sq easy up survived BM 2008 tied down at the corners to J shape rebar 24'' long. I used landscaping cloth for 2 sides held with bungie cord in case they needed quick removal.Landscaping fabric is cheap, durable, lets wind pass thru and lightweight.

Idea - create a 3 times life size airstream, say 60 x 22 feet. placed on a 8' ht base ( scaffolding) The 3x airstream could be made from reflective mylar ( plastic film/sheet) and mylar tape or maybe foil insulation. I have used mylar for an air structure previously) The 3x AS would be an air structure ( balloon). It would require a continous fan, and generater. A 36'' fan should be large enough. This 3x Airstream would be the mothership, providing community space and shade. We could even run 12'' flexible duct to each airstream, umbilical cords from the mother ship. If a very severe wind storm develops, unplug the fan, but built right, it should just sway even in severe winds. Oh wait. I have lots of ideas, but no money! I can draw this up if anyone is interested and has a funding source.
Richard, we all have lots and lots of ideas and no funding sources, but we'd rather see your effort on getting yourself on playa though.
__________________
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #135
Rivet Master
 
VIKING's Avatar
 
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Everybody get your dancing gear and get practices up! Actually, we denied this in DMV processing for TOO MUCH NOISE, like its got 10kwatts of sound: YouTube - Burning Man 2009 "Robot Heart"

Thanks NGO, I needed to hear something from home, and that was it.

Rich the Viking
__________________
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #136
Richard77
 
richard77's Avatar
 
1959 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
eckert , Colorado and Mexico
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 94
I'm trying!!!! Things are really slow here, not much work.


ZG Design: Home: Zazzle.com Store
__________________
Richard
Baja Blog http://360panoramas.com
Store http://zazzle.com/zgdesign*
Portfolio http://myflash.biz

richard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #137
2 Rivet Member
 
1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 34
Summer camp

Be back soon....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BM Summer Camp.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	106721  
__________________
StreamRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 AM   #138
Roadtrain O--O~(--ooo--)
 
ebair's Avatar
 
2000 34' Limited
1979 31' Excella 500
Miamisburg , Ohio
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Richard, we all have lots and lots of ideas and no funding sources, but we'd rather see your effort on getting yourself on playa though.

Richard, This is Summer-you can't miss this year! Look for some one to ride share-you could use another good hitchhiker story! LOL
__________________
'00 34' Classic Limited (LOVSHAC)
'12 3500HD, 4x4 LBZ D/A CC LB
AIR #12881
TAC OH-10
ebair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #139
Richard77
 
richard77's Avatar
 
1959 24' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
eckert , Colorado and Mexico
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 94
Hey Summer! Maybe YOU could use another wacko hitchhiker story, but I've had my share LOL. Actually, a group of 4 of us plan to come, but getting nervous about them committing. Anyhow, it will work out somehow.
Geo - Thanks for securing a Great ! location!
__________________
Richard
Baja Blog http://360panoramas.com
Store http://zazzle.com/zgdesign*
Portfolio http://myflash.biz

richard77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #140
2 Rivet Member
 
1958 26' Overlander
tucson , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 24
Send a message via AIM to Chollabill
Sorry, don't mean to seem too dense, but I can't tell what the theme is. Is it Babylon? Chollabill
__________________

__________________
Chollabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Burning Man 2009 ArtStream Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 357 05-31-2010 06:55 PM
Going to Burning Man? AYRSTRM2 Other Rallies & Events 61 10-01-2007 12:47 PM
Burning Man 2005 markparker22 Other Rallies & Events 0 08-01-2005 07:02 PM
Burning Man? AirHeadRik Other Rallies & Events 5 07-28-2005 05:53 AM
Burning Man 2005 markparker22 Other Rallies & Events 8 01-08-2005 08:26 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.