Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #181
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Yes, Steve's leak detector machine will be at the Rally. James and I will be bringing it for Steve.

Hey Dennis, I just sent you an email. Glad your work schedule is going to give you a break. Look forward to seeing you and Janice.

Rain won't bother us as Steve has tested our A/S and she is pretty sound.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #182
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The campground just called me and let me know we had twenty one registered trailers for the rally

The sign up page shows eighteen registered so we have some lurkers

I have also been contacted by a couple in Bolivar and Springfield that want to attend despite not having an Airstream yet

Went today and got new spring clamp bolts and nylon bushings for when i install the new axle after the rally on the flying cloud!

steve
Old 03-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #183
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
i realize just because i have an A/S in my back yard dosent make me an airstreamer.. but a want a be . im bring a box with cans goods in it . I CHALLENGE ALL. you other real a/ser to fill it up .and then give it to the park owners to take to the local food bank. we are haven a pot luck lets give to the ones with out a . !!!! POT !!!!!
bill almond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #184
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am sure we have some old cans outside in the trailer you could take for this cause Bill
Old 03-30-2009, 07:07 PM   #185
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well today I became a statistic

I have been out cleaning the ambassasor for the rally and preparing to load it

I opened the cupboard to remove the kitchen washrags for cleaning when I noticed the edges were frayed (the potholder was the same)

Fearing the worst I moved some pots n pans around and saw what i wanted to see the least (crumbs and mouse droppings)

We had left some of Collin"s cheese n cracker packs inside over the winter< probably in a hurry to get out of the trailer after last Branson rally and forgot to take everything out>

My casualties aren"t horrific so far> A couple of packs of bread stick n cheese and some peanut butter cracker packs> Those the towel and the pot holder and we"re going to was all the dishes over again>

I am going to get some ten% bleach and spray down the interior after vacuuming the cupboard and tonight I will get some traps loaded for every nook n cranny>

sigh

steve
Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #186
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Note to all. I am sorry to say we must drop out of the rally this weekend. Increasing family obligations with my father's failing health are putting getting away this weekend out of reach. We will miss the fun.

Steve, sorry to hear about the mouse house, but sounds as though you will win. Please let me know if I owe any fees for the late drop-out.

Best Regards,

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Jeff

Sorry to hear you can"t make it Please call the park to let them know you are canceling

For the mice I launched a Weapons of Mass DESTRUCTION attack that Bin Laden could only dream of> I dropped bait blocks under each bunk***kitchen sink that holds access to the belly pan area***bathroom sink****and cupboard* The package states that a mouse should die within four days from a single night of feeding*

I also placed peanut butter on two EZ disposal traps and placed one in the wardrobe on the wheel well and one behind the sofa in front* Perhaps this is all overkill but I even bought a sonic repellent device that I wont plug in until they have had a chance to feed on the traps and bait for two or three days*

After everything was done I sprayed every surface from the floor and shelves to the counters and linens with twenty% bleach*

Hopefully this is all I will need to do*

steve
Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #188
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Jeff & Cindy,
Will miss you guys and the pups. Certainly understand about the family obligations, and am sorry about your father's failing health. Many of us are either in or entering that same arena.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #189
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Tulsa , Oklahoma
I am also very sorry to say that we cannot make this weekend either. We were so looking forward to it but I have a family situation that has to come first.
Bummed,
Carol
ridgerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #190
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well bummer that we are losing people right at the time of the rally

i must reiterate that people canceling should call the park to cancel so no fees are incurred>

catch you all another time

steve
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 AM   #191
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
With some changes I wanted to update the list for the show. Amy is getting out of work early on Thursday so we can make the trip down that evening. We can play Friday's pre legends show soiree by ear. We should leave the park around 7:30-7:45 to make it through traffic for the show at 8:00.

Soldiermedic-Armadillo Eggs (Smoked Brisket Friday)
Isadora-Ham, Scalloped potatoes, deviled eggs
Happycampers-Sweet Potato Casserole, Tomato and Basil Turkey Breast
pepper48-Fresh Fruit Salad
Wolverine-Apple and Raisin Slaw
76Sovereign-Pani Popo (Samoan dessert rolls)
CJ of Okla- Peach Pie and something else
Bill Almond-Pie, Cinnamon rolls (Saturday morning)
nohillgrish-Pasta Salad

Friday Legends Show:
Soldiermedic-3
CJ of OKLA-4
76Sovereign-2
Otek800-2
Wolverine-2
Isadora-2
Happycampers-2
McDowell58-5
pepper48-2
tedh1031-2
Old 03-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #192
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
steve NAPALM that will getem i just love the smell of napalm in the morning !! but it mite be a littel over kill and hard on your camper.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #193
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Even though I smoked a brisket over the weekend to bring partially for the rally, I had a free 5 pound order of brisket from Dickey's BBQ in St. Louis from a previous issue. I will be bringing that as well. I cannot vouch for the Dickey's BBQ, but our stuff from over the weekend was pretty outstanding.

Let's do the Brisket taste challenge this Friday.

Steve
Old 03-31-2009, 04:14 PM   #194
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
WHERE . do i sign up for this challeng. thats all for now its to hard to type with tremeres.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:35 AM   #195
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I hope your Father has a turn for the better. I know from experience it is a tough time.
Hope to see you at the next rally..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalrymple View Post
Note to all. I am sorry to say we must drop out of the rally this weekend. Increasing family obligations with my father's failing health are putting getting away this weekend out of reach. We will miss the fun.

Steve, sorry to hear about the mouse house, but sounds as though you will win. Please let me know if I owe any fees for the late drop-out.

Best Regards,
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 AM   #196
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Things happen...My husband and I missed the 1st 2 rallies we were planning to attend.
Hope to see you at the next rally in Branson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunner View Post
I am also very sorry to say that we cannot make this weekend either. We were so looking forward to it but I have a family situation that has to come first.
Bummed,
Carol
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:49 AM   #197
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I am thinking about making some name tags like alumatube made for the last spring if I can find the time to get all the supplies together.

I was going to use the rally image on the forums, but there is not alot of room to put our forum names on it. If anyone can make a simple image for the badges, then I will use it for the badges.

Steve
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #198
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
New Granddaughter Pre-Empts AS in Branson

Well, it came right down to the wire----which would arrive first, the Branson Rally or Sadie Beth--Jim and Kristin's new daughter.

The Private RN told me I could take in the rally in Branson but she would stay here with the new mom and help her take care of the family. Two rough and tumble boys ages 11 and 10 and 2 year old Sophie--she's going through the "terrible twos".

In psychology class this is called an approach - approach conflict --two choices with equally good outcomes.

I called the campground and cancelled my reservation.

A link to a photo of sadie is here : busplunge: Sophie's Sister, Sadie

ps--I boiled two dozen eggs last night and thought I had fumigated the house pretty good. When the Private RN got home she asked if I'd been boiling eggs! Next time I will use TWO cans of glade!

Jim
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #199
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
We are in Forsyth MO. stayed at the Elks Club last night and since it is supposed to rain tomorrow we might go to Stagecoach RV Park later today. See you there.

Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #200
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim,

Congrats on the new addition to the ever growing Lee clan. Maybe one time you can make it with the grandkids. I am super bummed though to lose three attendees in the last few days, but these things happen.

Happycampers,

Don't know what there is to do in Forsyth, but plenty to do in branson....you may want to head there out of shear boredom in Forsyth!!!

See some of you tomorrow and others Friday.

steve

Tags
airforums, branson, midwest, rally, spring