Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Some people are WOOOOORKING and can't be checking the Web every second of the day...!

CONGRATS, Steve, Amy and Collin!!! I am so happy you found one that you will enjoy. I really look forward to seeing it at Branson!

Thanks, Gene!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Now Susan,

I worked today picking up doors, and even installing one of them. After three hours the sitter called and told me Collin nailed the bedpost in the nap room. It looks like he slammed his zygomatic (Cheek) bone pretty hard into it. It is bruising, and he has a black eye.

Wondering weather to take him to a doctor, but there isn't much swelling, and he hasn't lost consciousness.

Steve

Old 01-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Oh, poor Collin! I guess you get used to it, as parents of a small boy, but that's gotta hurt you worse than it did him. I wouldn't worry about the doc unless any swelling doesn't go away in a couple days, or he complains of pain that won't go away. It's always possible that he could have fractured the bone, but probably not.

Be sure to get a good pic of him so he can laugh at it when he's 16!

Poor kiddo! Give him a hug for me.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:51 PM   #74
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
I noticed Jaxon's unit for sale in the classifieds...anybody know what's up with that...gotta have my drummer...

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:56 PM   #75
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Gene,

He posted this awhile ago. I emailed him, but no response. Dunno if he will make it or not. Actually, I sent an email to all previous rally goers to get them first dibs.

Steve
Old 01-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #76
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Gene,
If you're on #8 that is the site I had last year. Good site. I, likewise, just caught up with Steve's new traier. That guy's a magnate for great trailers. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Branson.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:02 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish
Gene,
If you're on #8 that is the site I had last year. Good site. I, likewise, just caught up with Steve's new traier. That guy's a magnate for great trailers. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in Branson.
Yeah Grish.....if only I was a magnet to the money used to pay for them.

Steve
Old 01-08-2008, 07:02 AM   #78
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
I have been a quiet admirer. I wanted to go so bad to the Oct Branson. We don’t have a Pickup that gets good enough gas mileage to go very far. I think our Dually get about 8 mpg not good at these prices. We decided on getting our 1969 31’ first and keep an eye out for a pickup. We did borrow our brother-in-laws for our maiden voyage in Sept to Kansas family reunion everything went great and we got 20mpg coming home. Going to Kansas was in the rain all the way from Oklahoma. All the cousins were in love with our Airstream. When we got home from Kansas I started gutting the bathroom, as of now you can see the ground, we need to have some rusty frame repair, plumbing, new black tank and metal holding frame for the black tank, new floor, new hotwater tank, bathroom fixtures refinished, new toilet and it all put back together. We don’t have a building to keep her in so until it gets warmer we can’t do much work.
I would love to show off our 1969 31’ we have done so much work to get her to this point. But maybe if there is a fall Branson we can bring her then.

But at this point we are really thinking about getting a lodge or motel room and coming to the April get together.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #79
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Feel free to do both the lodge in april and come again in fall. Last fall we had people stay in the lodge. Dont worry Soldiermedic (Steve) always tries to keep people posted on whats going on and when. Hope to see you there.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #80
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

Vswingfield attend the fall rally and stayed at the lodge. I think he was only in the lodge for the 2-3 hours of sleep after partying the night away with the rest of the rally goers. In fact...I walked over to Alumatube's trailer the next morning and he was there eating pancakes.

You will be going for the fun, food, and fellowship. Most everyone spends the time checking out locations at Branson (Shows or Silver Dollar City), or they spend it out talking to everyone. Bring a camping chair out and sit down with everyone else.

I hear ya about the gas mileage. We have a 1/2 ton gas powered chevy and I am expecting 7-9 MPG with the new ambassador.

Steve
Old 01-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #81
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Do I understand the Branson get together is the first Weekend in April which would be April 5th & 6th. If so I am off that Friday 4th. That would work out great for us. We use to go to Branson every year for vacation, finally got my gang to venture other places. I think we had seen every show they have.

I printed up the color map where do you park your trailers and where is the lodging. If ya can point out the color area it would give me an idea.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #82
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
What's the secret to getting in contact with Compton Ridge? I've left two messages since Friday and still no call back. Anyone else have a problem contacting them?

Bill
Old 01-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #83
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

I am having the thread updated with a map on the first post. The lodge is literally right between the north and south park locations.

Bill...I just called compton ridge and spoke to Ellen. When you call the 1-800 number just dial 2 immediately for reservations. Ellen is in the office and will answer. If not, please PM me your number and she would be glad to call you back. Appologies from her.

Steve
Old 01-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #84
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by billberk
What's the secret to getting in contact with Compton Ridge? I've left two messages since Friday and still no call back. Anyone else have a problem contacting them?

Bill
Bill,

I had to call for hours before they picked up...they never returned my calls either...finally got through to them after a while.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote