Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #681
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Great SHots Charles and Dennis!!!!!

Steve
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #682
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Thanks to Steve, Amy and Collin for the great weekend. Susan did a great job on the name tags and pics.

Arrived home today. Five trailers stayed Sun night. We sat around a fire and talked about all of you that had already left for home. No we really didn't talk about you. Eight of us attended the Legends show Sun afternoon. We had a great time.

What a great way to meet new friends and re-aquaint with others.

Thanks,
Dan and Marty
2wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #683
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Bumping up the timeline

In the next few days I will be transfering National Guard units into Illinois. They have an opening for a lab tech/ blood banker and I need to get into a slot. A friend I was deployed with two years ago is a member of the unit so it makes the deal sweeter to me.

The change may happen because the unit is deploying to Afghanistan in the fall. They are set to take over RTS MED clinical duties at Bagram Air Field, but may also be taked out to another area like Kandahar. There is a pretty good chance I will be going with them. Fortunately it is a nine month in country tour one year total (Three months spent in pre and demobilization here in the states).

Depending on how the mob goes I may not be around in October, but might be able to squeeze a weekend into September. Amy will likely move in with her mother, and we will attempt to rent the house out. I don't like the idea of the Airstream sitting idle for 12 months, but may have to deal with this issue. COvered parking may be a necessity for us to find.

Whatever the case we can have a rally when I leave, and the one after I return will be extra special!!!!

Steve
Old 04-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #684
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
All the best to you, Amy and Colin. I just saw his photo here in the thread - great looking kid! Must take after Amy.
Keep your head down if you deploy.
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #685
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Sure looks like another cool rally, Steve & Amy!
Steve, if you do deploy, you think they'll let you fly over with the 'Stream like Cheney does?
Great photos Susan! Almost like being there.
Bummer about Compton Ridge - they were very accomodating last year - maybe the new owners will figure it out... but hey, Oklahoma sure has some nice state parks (that are closer to Texas!)... And they have full hookups, to..

Looking forward to the Fall Rally!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #686
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Jim and Regina, Thanks for sharing your repair photos and letting us look under your trailer. James got all fired up and took his grinder and has cut all the angle iron and steel plate. The belly pan is now resting in the driveway. Now his brain is working on how to get a small gray tank into the extra space. Doesn't need to be huge as we also have a blue boy.

Jim you made a lasting impression, when James and I talk we talk about the guy with a dead chicken hanging from his awning. HEE HEE James thinks you need to paint it pink.

We had so much fun meeting everyone in camp. I can't wait to show off our trailer in Sept or Oct or when ever the next get together is set. Although the first weekend in Sept is set for a Family reunion in Independance Kansas, so anytime after that would be great.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #687
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla
....when James and I talk we talk about the guy with a dead chicken hanging from his awning.
Dang, you guys sure must have exciting conversations around your house!

Regina put the chicken up there because we kept banging our heads on the awning support bracket.

I got the chicken at the DAV store. It's a fact that I do most of my shopping nowadays at the DAV, the Goodwill, the Salvation Army and the Blind store. Regina often says that my wardrobe reflects that fact.

I have a steadfast rule, whenever I see a chicken, a clown suit or a wig I buy it because I may eventually have a use for these items, for instance, link of here for an example of a fun filled day on the back porch. Off Beat: Bad Hair Day

And of course, there's the ostrich suit I made a great bargain on (burns batteries like they are fourth of July sparklers but it is worth every penny:
busplunge: It's Great To Be Eight

When we got home, we were greeted with the news baby Sophie caught the chicken pox from her older brother:
busplunge: Sophie's Got The Chicken Pox

Regina and I had a wonderful time at the rally and look forward to seeing that 1969 Sovereign next year!

Jim Lee
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #688
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Thank you all

Thank you all for posting pictures of the Branson Rally! Jack and I enjoyed looking at them. I hope to see more in the future.

Jacks total hip replacement went fantastic. He had the staples taken out Monday and will be able to take a shower tonight . . YEAH!

Looks like a good time was had by all. Hope to see you in the fall or at some other rally in the future.

Kani

Ps. We had to put our remodel on hold because of Jacks pain (I don't mean me) and then surgery. We now have a gutted AS which is of no use to anyone. I wish now we had waited to start it but one never knows what life brings.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #689
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Yes -- thanks for a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wired
Thanks to Steve, Amy and Collin for the great weekend. Susan did a great job on the name tags and pics.

Arrived home today. Five trailers stayed Sun night. We sat around a fire and talked about all of you that had already left for home. No we really didn't talk about you. Eight of us attended the Legends show Sun afternoon. We had a great time.

What a great way to meet new friends and re-aquaint with others.

Thanks,
Dan and Marty
Thanks to everyone for making our first Airstream rally experience a fun and memorable time. We look forward to seeing folks again in June at Moraine View and in October in Branson. Soldiermedic and family -- and Alumatube -- special thanks for the organization and communication. And, special thanks to Ron and Stella for gathering all the firewood for our impromptu fireside chat on Sunday evening.

Happy travels to all,
Laird and Nancy (maccamper)
Bloomington, IL
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 05:46 PM   #690
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool the rally and new friends

Hey steve sorry it's taking me so long to get over to colaw Ive been covered up here lately but i sure i will make it by the end of the week. just let me know exactly what your wanting IE pictures or what not.
other then that hope everything work out good with your new deployment?
stay safe.
to everyone else howdy and i looks like everyone made it home safe.

one other Question since now everyone is looking toward the fall rally among others. i know this is probably premature but will we stay on this tread or wil a new one start up?
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #691

1972 25' Tradewind
Branson , Missouri
Hey Everybody..
The Horton clan sure enjoyed meeting all of you and seeing all of your beautiful trailers...... We have a friend that is the group sales manager at the ABC campgrounds here in Branson...She said they have two rallies in September, (14th thru the 19th)...and (22nd thru 27th)Sold out....WBCCI is having there rally there Oct, 19th thru the 25th....She said for the folks without trailers,, Branson Towers will offer a special rate for anyone attending the rally....Right around the corner.. Steve drop us a Email at Horton417@suddenlink.net so we can help you out.

Robb
Horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #692
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
osolow, Steve usually starts a new thread up a couple months in advance of the rally, but he will provide the link here in this thread.

I love your avatar picture! Congrats again! Your pork tenderloin was AMAZING.

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #693

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horton
Hey Everybody..
The Horton clan sure enjoyed meeting all of you and seeing all of your beautiful trailers...... We have a friend that is the group sales manager at the ABC campgrounds here in Branson...She said they have two rallies in September, (14th thru the 19th)...and (22nd thru 27th)Sold out....WBCCI is having there rally there Oct, 19th thru the 25th....She said for the folks without trailers,, Branson Towers will offer a special rate for anyone attending the rally....Right around the corner.. Steve drop us a Email at Horton417@suddenlink.net so we can help you out.

Robb
Sounds like that weekend of October 10th, 11th, and 12th (right before the Monday Columbus Day holiday) would be the pick if you were interested in this location. That would flat out put you at the same approximate time frame of last fall's rally. This is probably one of the best weekends down there.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #694
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanavera
Sounds like that weekend of October 10th, 11th, and 12th (right before the Monday Columbus Day holiday) would be the pick if you were interested in this location. That would flat out put you at the same approximate time frame of last fall's rally. This is probably one of the best weekends down there.

Jack
I will be at Fort Bragg by then en route to Afghanistan. You all may just have to rally without me for the next fall and spring.

Steve
Old 04-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #695
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
What is the last weekend you would be available, Steve?

Susan

Old 04-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #696
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have no idea Suz. We are supposed to report for home station annual training in September. I don't even know if I will have all my repairs done by then. I don't want this trailer sitting uncovered for a year or more while I am gone in its' current state. Too many things could happen to it, or damage it further.

Steve
Old 04-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #697
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
I would be more than happy to have the rally sometime in September if it gets you, Amy and Collin there! I understand we would have to miss you in the spring, but if you can squeeze the fall in, that would be a great send-off!

Susan

PS - Can you get one of those metal carports for it?

Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #698
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Amy plans to rent the house out while I am gone and we can't keep the trailer here while it is rented out. We haven't come to a decision about what to do about anything yet. Due to OPSEC I cannot post anything concrete on dates, but I will post what I can when I can.

Steve
Old 04-10-2008, 03:18 PM   #699
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Well, we have a few months yet, so let's see how things work out in that time frame.

You can probably rent a covered spot at a boat storage or other yard while you are gone. They have quite a few around here, so hopefully they would be readily available and reasonably priced up there.

Susan

Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #700
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
steve you might check with some of the mini storge places. they might have coverd storage or a incloser big enogh to park the trailer in
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote