Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #541
3 Rivet Member

2007 20' Safari SE
Springfield , Missouri
I'll be there Thursday sometime after work. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Bill & Berk
billberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #542
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Just an FYI...

Amy and I are going to bring a Blackberrycobbler (Technically it's a grunt) for our part in the BBQ competition on Saturday evening.

Just thought I would start the salivation now for you all.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #543
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Ugh, that looks horrible. I'll have to confiscate it.

I was planning on bringing my dutch oven, maybe I'll whip up something, but methinks that's I'll be out cooked on this trip.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #544
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Chris,

If you plan to cook over a firt you may want to think again. There are no campfire pits in the area we will be in, but there ARE BBQ pits at each locale you could technicall use. I suppose you could always test out that new stovetop of yours too.

Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #545
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Shades of “Cobbled Together”

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Just an FYI...

Amy and I are going to bring a Blackberrycobbler (Technically it's a grunt) for our part in the BBQ competition on Saturday evening.

Just thought I would start the salivation now for you all.

Been watching AB again I see.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #546
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Actually Vaughn,

Amy just called to tell me that there were no blackberries at the store....looks like we will have to substitute peaches instead (Which is how we normally do it). True it is that I use the AB recipe other than swapping out the fruit.

Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #547
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool getting there

thanks for the directions, it been a couple of year's since Ive been to branson. And pulling a 29 ft travel trailer for the first time i was starting to wonder.
that cobbler looks good!
My family and I will be in hopfuly early Sat morrning and as first timer i really cant wait to try to back into a camping spot.
I due have a question on the size of the camp spot. Are they long enough to leave my truck hooked up to the A/s or park in front of the trailer? or do you have to unhook and park else were?
i will probably be ask alot more questions once i get there and get introduced to everyone. i bought this A/S and have NO experiance with travel trailers whats so ever. other then that see eveyone there.
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #548
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Osolow,

I don't remember the layout of every spot at the grounds, but some spots are longer than others. I honestly can't tell you if you will be able to stay connected or not, but with a 29 footer I would think it unlikely to be able to do so. I wouldn't worry about unhitching and hitching back up...we will all help you out!

Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #549
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
I think spots 36-43 are sorta pull-throughs, from the map and from what I remember from last year. You might request one of them if you would prefer not to unhitch. You can always ask Ellen tomorrow on the phone (they staff the lodge phone on Fridays).

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #550
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Spot 22

Os,

The spot is a back in space. I believe jacanavera was in it or close to it last year. Nice and quiet though. I believe 33 is the only true pull through spot, and Jim Lee has it I think.

Steve
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 PM   #551
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Actually Vaughn,

Amy just called to tell me that there were no blackberries at the store....looks like we will have to substitute peaches instead (Which is how we normally do it). True it is that I use the AB recipe other than swapping out the fruit.

Steve
Why I do believe that, as a true southern boy, AB has done an entire show on peaches. Couldn’t be more appropriate.

Got the Carrier on the roof. Extra expenses, but if the homework load from the 2 classes slacks off a bit, I will try for a room at least one night. Just had too much fun in the fall and don’t want to miss out.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #552
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
That would be great, Vaughan! I sure would hate for you to miss out on the fun, being so reasonably close and all! And you could see Brad this time!

Susan

Old 03-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #553
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
Smile

Looking forward to next weekend!

Yep, I got spot 33, a pull through spot. Last year I had spot 6, an uphill backwards dogleg turn to the right in reverse hard to get into spot with a 30 footer. I had to unhook and there was no decent space to park the suburban.

I don't want to say the price of gas is high, but I told my wife my plan was to get a $1,000, hook up the airstream and head west for $500.00 and turn around and come back. She said I might make it to Tulsa.

Jim

btw: we won 1st prize this year in the St. Patrick's Day parade. Photos here:
busplunge: Back To The Basics: A Couple of Couches, A Porta Potty and Lots of Kids
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #554
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Jim...was reading the busplunge earlier. You guys certainly have a heck of a time come St. Patrick's day. Love the tater tot photo. You've had 6 months since Fall Branson...hope your trailer id done now like you said you wanted

Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #555
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Highway 13

Thanks for the directions on how to avoid the traffic in Branson, JC, they are very helpful. I do have a question: has anyone come down highway 13 from Springfield to Branson? A nice lady at the Missouri tourist info center said it is a less hilly way to go.

I noticed on the map she gave us that it does take you through Branson West and past Silver Dollar City to Compton Ridge. Would the extra traffic around Branson West offset the time gained from a less hilly route from Springfield?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 AM   #556
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Mac,

The route from Springfield via 65 is quite hilly, but I would not want to take any other way since it isn't as direct. Just get ready for a long steady pull up the hills

Steve
Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #557

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper
Thanks for the directions on how to avoid the traffic in Branson, JC, they are very helpful. I do have a question: has anyone come down highway 13 from Springfield to Branson? A nice lady at the Missouri tourist info center said it is a less hilly way to go.

I noticed on the map she gave us that it does take you through Branson West and past Silver Dollar City to Compton Ridge. Would the extra traffic around Branson West offset the time gained from a less hilly route from Springfield?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Laird
While I haven't taken that route I would state that it's 2 lane road and fairly curved. There are some decent hills on the route I suggested, 99% is dual highway and I'd rather negotiate the hills than deal with a 2 lane curved road. My gut feeling is that nice lady at the tourist info center has never pulled a trailer in her life and probably has negotiated highway 13 in an auto. If you want, take the route I suggested and then backtrack the highway 13 solution without towing and see if that route is better.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #558
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
thanks

Steve and Jack, thank you kindly, Highway 65 it is.

Laird
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #559
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee
Last year I had spot 6, an uphill backwards dogleg turn to the right in reverse hard to get into spot with a 30 footer. I had to unhook and there was no decent space to park the suburban.
They gave me #6. With my truck and trailer, I've got 50+ feet to deal with. Should I request a different site?
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #560
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
After Steve alerted me to a possible mix-up with our site, #4, I called Compton and they said they had us in #25! What!?! I specifically requested and received #4 when I registered, well over a month (probably more like two) ago. The only thing I could think of was maybe they put someone else's info on our record and accidentally moved us. In the meantime, #4 has filled. Fortunately, #2 came open when someone had to cancel so we are in that one (where Artstream was last year).

Totally different topic: It would be great to all get signs made for our dashboards/hitches that say who we are on the forums, so when we all attend rallies we know who folks are.

Less than a week!!! I'm stoked!!!

Susan