Old 02-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #183
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Oslow,

The potluck is Friday night, and Airhog is coming up with a cook-off item. October will always be Chili, but spring will be something new.

Steve

Old 02-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #184
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Cool at the rally

"Trailer tours for the willing on Saturday (12-3), and a potluck on Saturday night. Since we will likely fill the entire north park again, we will have the pavillion to ourselves for activities and eating. Informal dining other nights for those making it early or staying later if you care to join others."

"As for bragging rights this time around I am open to suggestions. I prefer to keep the chili cook-off till October."

SORRY FOR THE MIX UP BUT ON THE UP COMMING RALLYS (BRANSON) IT SAY'S THAT THE POT LUCK IS SAT NIGHT AND OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COOK OFF. ether way am getting stocked to meet all the nice people on here and getting to see so many A/S in one place, all in all i think it's going to be a blast.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Osolow, I had to leave a message at Compton Ridge, too, for reservations. They called me back within 24 hours -- actually I had two return calls. They were most gracious and helpful.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #186
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
alright

that's good cant wait for april,
Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Oslow,

You were correct and I changed it on the other page. I originally arranged it for Saturday, but Airhog1 specifically requested (Demanded) that we do it Friday night for the pot luck. Generally speaking, there is enough left overs from Friday night to bring back for Saturday night to accompany the cook-off dishes.

Steve
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #188
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!! I demanded NOTHING!!!

Seems to me that Airhog was wrangled into doing this in the first place by the "higher up" so called rally authority, but we will leave it at that.

How about Bar-B-Q Cook-Off for Saturday???

Beef, Pork, Chicken, Roadkill, Mystery Meat???

What do you guys think...give us some input!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #189
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
BBQ/Grill sounds good to me! Now to figure out what to cook... I'll wait and see what we see on the side of the road on the way up from Arkansas. If y'all are lucky, there'll be a deer!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #190
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Yeah Hog......I believe you took the reigns cause you kept inquiring about it. A man that into food needs to be in charge of it.

BBQ could work, but of course there is a major difference between BBQ and Grilling. BBQ means smoking at a low heat for a long time. Grilling is cooking fast over high heat, and smoke isn't required.

Bill n Berk are BBQ judges, but they are bringing BBQ Pork and Beef on Friday.

Steve
Old 02-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #191
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
We won't get into why I was wrangled into taking this deal over Stevo!

I don't care if it's grilled, smoked, boiled, baked, or fried!

This will be a non-official, non-professional, non-confrontational BBQ Contest!

THE "BEST BRANSON BAR-B-Q BASH" IS NOW ON!!!!

Susan...I hit a possum last night...hopefully it will still be on the side of the road when I go home today...I will pick it up and chunk it in the deep freeze if you think it will hold until April!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #192
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Awesome, Gene! Add a few more critters (lotsa time to collect them between now and the rally) and we've got a good ole' Suth'n meal!

(They actually do still have coon suppers down in this neck of the woods...)

Susan

Old 02-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #193
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ok G,

So the rules are...there are no rules? You are not stipulating the meat to be served (Pork, beef, chicken, lamb, venison, alligator)? I think it would be cool if there was also a contest for best home made sauce to go with it. Bill n Berk may end up getting wrangled into being judges now

Now, I am a purist when it comes to BBQ. I (Pot smoke) food from 6-15 hours depending on what the critter is. When I brought my smoked pork to a picnic last year I was ticked when people were mad I didn't bring BBQ sauce. Let the dry rub and smoke speak for itself!

Steve
Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #194
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
AMEN BROTHER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic
Ok G,

So the rules are...there are no rules? You are not stipulating the meat to be served (Pork, beef, chicken, lamb, venison, alligator)? I think it would be cool if there was also a contest for best home made sauce to go with it. Bill n Berk may end up getting wrangled into being judges now

Now, I am a purist when it comes to BBQ. I (Pot smoke) food from 6-15 hours depending on what the critter is. When I brought my smoked pork to a picnic last year I was ticked when people were mad I didn't bring BBQ sauce. Let the dry rub and smoke speak for itself!

Steve
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #195
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Cool rally

hey i didnt mean to start a fight i was just going off what was posted and i didnt take the time to go through all the other post to see the change.

i will see everyone on sat 5th i made my reservation I will be in site 31
and on the whole BBQ cook off i am down for that, but i just hope everyone relizes that it takes 8-10 hour's if not more to smoke a good size brisket or pork sholder/roast even rib's take alot of time.
what about the park are they going to be cool with who know's how many smoker's going all day?
just thought i would bring this up iam not trying to be a jerk iam just asking question's
Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #196
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Okay, let's get it straight so we can all talk in the same terms:

Here's the Wikipedia definition for BBQ:

Barbecue or barbeque [1] (abbreviated BBQ, Bar-B-Q or Bar-B-Que or diminuted, chiefly in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom to barbie, and braai in South Africa) is a method and apparatus for cooking food, often meat, with the heat and hot gases of a fire, smoking wood, or hot coals of charcoal and may include application of a marinade, spice rub, or basting sauce to the meat. The term as a noun can refer to foods cooked by this method, to the cooker itself, or to a party that includes such food. The term is also used as a verb for the act of cooking food in this manner. Barbecue is usually cooked in an outdoor environment heated by the smoke of wood or charcoal, or with propane and similar gases. Restaurant barbecue may be cooked in large brick or metal ovens specially designed for that purpose.
Barbecue has numerous regional variations in many parts of the world. Notably, in the United States, practitioners consider barbecue to include only relatively indirect methods of cooking, with the more direct high-heat methods to be called grilling. In other countries, notably Australia and many parts of Europe, barbecue is either fried or grilled, and generally barbecue appliances do not have a lid.
In British English usage, barbecuing and grilling refer to a fast cooking process directly over high heat, whilst grilling also refers to cooking under a source of direct, high heat -known in the US and Canada as broiling. In US English usage, however, grilling refers to a fast process over high heat whilst barbecuing refers to a slow process using indirect heat and/or hot smoke. For example, in a typical US home 'grill', food is cooked on a grate directly over hot charcoal; while in a US 'barbecue', the coals are dispersed to the sides or at significant distance from the grate.
Alternatively, an apparatus called a smoker with a separate fire box may be used. Hot smoke is drawn past the meat by convection for very slow cooking. This is essentially how barbecue is cooked in most US 'barbecue' restaurants, but nevertheless many consider this to be a distinct cooking process called smoking.
The slower methods of cooking break down the collagen in meat and tenderize tougher cuts for easier eating.

Clear as mud???

Susan