Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Branson Fall Forums Rally and Chili Cook-off 2009

Greetings all,

I have been so preoccupied with the Cape to Cairo rally that I have not started the rally thread for this October's Branson event. It wasn't until CJ of OKLA contacted me wondering when it was happening that I decided to get off my butt to get going.

I have not decided on a location yet, but we should set something up within the next two weeks. The last two events were held at the Branson Stagecoach. Full hook up sites were paved, level, and a great rate of $20.00 per night. This included 60 cable channels and free use of their indoor rally room.

I am interested in hearing thoughts from others about a particular place to stay. Please let me know what dates in October will work best for all of you.

Like every fall event, we will be having a chili competition for prizes. I will also speak with forums member "Horton" from Branson to see about getting tickets to the Legends Show. Last Spring we were provided with almost $1500 in free show tickets.

Steve
Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
Weekend of the 10th is good. Monday is Columbus day and quite a few people get that day off. Roger is usually one of them.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
pittsburg , Kansas
Oct

Would like to attend the fall rally. Took my grandaughter this summer and this is where we stayed it was a great place. Wooded area etc. Here is the site
Home Page
Judy B.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Judy,

I called this campground today. It sounds nice, but there are a few things that would make me lean towards the stagecoach again. Tall pines has a pavilion with four picnic tables under it, and wouldn't likely fit any more of them. This would not work in case of the rain. Their rate was $25.11 with tax for full hook ups which is not much higher than stage coach. The worst part about it is that they will not hold spaces while the group calls to register. October is a busy time in Branson, and she doesn't want to hold off on business while we are taking time to register.

I am looking into a few other parks before making the decision today.

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Sunrise Beach , Missouri
Steve:

We vote for holding it at Stagecoach again. The folks there are friendly, good rates, and the room we need to get together, especially if it happens to rain.
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Gary/Nancy,

You are right. They have a room, and the folks/rates are great there. I just wanted to expand the options since some people expressed the desire for a wilderness setting.

Speaking of wilderness, a few months back maccamper told me that Legacy RV resort sold Compton Ridge where we held our first two rally events. I called them this morning and spoke with the new owner. He is a local man from Branson who is hands on with the business.

I got a VERY GOOD feeling from speaking with him. He said to win us back he would offer us spots in the south campground surrounding the pavilion for $27.00. These are all full hook up sites. Some have gravel pads and others have concrete. The prices varried from $47 to $32 but was making everything $27.00. He was also giving us the pavilion for free each night in hopes of luring us back since we were very unhappy after the April 2008 rally (When Legacy RV Resorts owned it).

This would be at the MAIN park and not the north park we have stayed at in the past. I have included a map below.

Columbus day weekend seems a logical choice, and would be the best dates for the park as well since they have other groups on other weeks. Once we book, they are willing to hold sites for us until the first week of September.

I want to see everyone's thoughts on going back to Compton, especially since Stage Coach has been nice. Having said that, I would also like to experience the changes that Compton has made since they are really trying to change the image that Legacy left on them.

Thought, comments, concerns?

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Compton is a very nice park...Indoor pool for cold days ...if you're into swimming laps...Either way is good for us....Compton or Stagecoach
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
If we're tallying votes, my preference would be Compton Ridge if we were in the South park. As you say, folks at Stagecoach were accomodating, but I just like the Compton setting a little more.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Dennis,

So nice of you to grace us with your presence here unlike the Cape rally thread ehh .

I'll let this vote be cast by a few more folks who normally attend the Branson rallies, and we will go from there.

Steve
Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
we would just be HAPPY if we could see you all again. we really enjoyed seeing every one at our first rally in branson. and now we are looking foreword to our second rally.there are not very many rallys around winfield ks or with in 300 miles . thats about as far as we can go on a weekend. the stagecoch is very nice .but we will go to either one. bill & marsha
bill almond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Hi, I am interested in the rally.I have never attended,but sounds like a good time! Let me know the details........... Brian
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We are looking forward to the fally rally, seeing everybody else again and meeting new people! We however have never had any experience with Compton Ridge so can't really offer an opinion there, tho we do l like a wilderness setting also. Stagecoach was nice and very accommodating, with that nice room and kitchen facilities, but not much ambiance. We are up for whatever you all decide, just so we get to see all of you and have fun!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
pittsburg , Kansas
Branson

I am not sure I will be able to attend either. So what ever you all decide. Have a wedding in San Diego. If I am back I would really like to attend.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Rochester , Minnesota
Branson time again

Either location is ok with us. I will find a dead turkey to fry on Friday again.
Ted
tedh1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Come on Down/over Brian! We would love to have you at the Rally. We have a great bunch of people attending every year and would love to have more..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Hi, I am interested in the rally.I have never attended,but sounds like a good time! Let me know the details........... Brian
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Compton

OK...We would like to try Compton..
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Steve, thanks for calling me and letting me know my email was full. You know James and I have never had any problem with any of the places we have stayed. I guess we could give Compton another shot at making the Airstream people happy. My sister and her hubby in their SOB are looking forward to seeing everyone again. We are going early to hit some shows.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
No problem CJ. We will likely head down on Wednesday and spend a day at Silver Dollar City Thursday. I like to be around on Friday when folks start to trickle in to greet them and get them set.

Steve
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #19
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Hey Dennis,

So nice of you to grace us with your presence here unlike the Cape rally thread ehh .

I'll let this vote be cast by a few more folks who normally attend the Branson rallies, and we will go from there.

Steve
Just goes to show you Stevie my friend, you better behave yourself as you never know when I'm watching.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Nohillgrish

NOHILLGRISH......U BETTER SIGN UP! It wouldn't be the same without U. Give a heads up to 2 assburns....I mean 2asprins about it too...Tell him I need him for a remote..

Tags
branson, chili, cook off, fall rally