Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Okay...putting stuff together now for the rally page. It will be columbus day weekend. Remember that Monday is a holiday, so you can stay an extra night. Early arrival is welcomed. The campground will hold our spots around the pavilion until 1 SEPT. That's 3 weeks folks.

Git R Dun!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #22
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Rally event is done.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey All,

I was notified by Beercan (Bill) that I had the dates wrong. When I changed them it erased everyone from the sign up page. Sorry about that. Looks like we have a good group of people currently ready to go.

Before it was deleted we had:

Maccamper
Isadora
CJ of Okla
Marbles Yoga
76 Sovereign
Soldiermedic

Add in Bill Almond, Tedh1031, and a few more regular attendees and we're rocking!

Steve
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Turkey

I thought Tedh1031 said he was coming in a previous post --- he's looking for a dead turkey to fry.

I sent Compton Ridge an e-mail today asking about making reservations online. I haven't heard back so I'll call them tomorrow and get our reservations made. We plan to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday.

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1988 29' Excella
Collinsville , Illinois
We are checking on vacation days before we officially sign up. We would like to leave on weds if possible.
mcair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:22 PM   #26
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
NOHILLGRISH......U BETTER SIGN UP! It wouldn't be the same without U. Give a heads up to 2 assburns....I mean 2asprins about it too...Tell him I need him for a remote..
Kani,
I absolutely love the "2 assburns" monicer for the ole doc. I will definitely be passing this on to him. He is quite the expert on remote. He can flip between 40 channels in either a prone, reclining or slouching position.
Dennis
Old 08-04-2009, 08:21 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I found that the old thread from Fall 2008 had been posted on by Bill. I have posted it below.

My wife has some concerns about the chili cook off. well not the cook off it self but the 5 hour ride home on Sunday!! no this is not a lol shes series.75mph down the interstate with the windows up makes for a long trip. SO SIGN ME UP!!!

Apparently Bill is throwing his hat into the chili cook off's proverbial pot.

Steve
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Can't wait to see you all again....You and Doc r a trip man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
Kani,
I absolutely love the "2 assburns" monicer for the ole doc. I will definitely be passing this on to him. He is quite the expert on remote. He can flip between 40 channels in either a prone, reclining or slouching position.
Dennis
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #29
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
So who is going to compete this year with chili?
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I was sent an email earlier that asked for rally attendees to ask for Lynette when making reservations. THis will prevents slip ups like we had under the old regime!

Steve
Old 08-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
thnx steve for moving my post . i was not paying close enough attention to the thread i was on.daa,what are we going to have besides chili? like deserts!! ill make a crock of chili (non toxic). but we may need somthing sweet to put the fire out on some of that chili. so we will bring a desert also. im not going to make cinnamom rolls this time the last time i made them i left befor every one got there to eat them . because i felt bad because they didnt rise right. so put us in for a crock of chili a dersert and 2gal, of sweet tea. and maybe some TUM,S ROLLAIDS or BEANO,ETC
bill almond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:41 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
how do i get a cool pic to put under my name? like a white trash camper.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #33
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
i have had our camper almost a year and i still dont have it polished yet . so i hope you all dont mind if i park with you. thats why i call it my white trash camper because it looks just like it did when i pulled it out of the field.and its not pretty but it works for us. i will ask for a parking place on the end of our res, parking places.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:20 PM   #34
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Bill,

You are welcome to park with us just like last time. The park put you on the end last time, so know it wasn't a decision that we made

Steve
Old 08-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
yes i no i was just being silly. its just our camper is'nt as nice as the others. but some day when we have the money and the time. we'll have one that shines like crome. until then we'll be happy with what we have and knowing that its payed for.it looks like the new ones will cost as much as our house.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill almond View Post
yes i no i was just being silly. its just our camper is'nt as nice as the others. but some day when we have the money and the time. we'll have one that shines like crome. until then we'll be happy with what we have and knowing that its payed for.it looks like the new ones will cost as much as our house.
Park it next to our painted Argosy, nobdy will notice it isn't shiny if you don't park it next to a shiny one.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:30 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
GOOD IDEA!! or what do you think about wrapping it in aluminum foil and duke tape? im sure that will make her shine.we'll im sure if i done that i would be parking by my self. oh we'll i think ill park by the argosy thanks for the idea.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
found cool air stream belt buckles @bucklecity.com. i ordered 1 for me and 1 for a chili cook off prize.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #39
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill almond View Post
GOOD IDEA!! or what do you think about wrapping it in aluminum foil and duke tape? im sure that will make her shine.we'll im sure if i done that i would be parking by my self. oh we'll i think ill park by the argosy thanks for the idea.
Bill,
Before I had my Airstream, I owned an SOB. Even then, however, I talked about someday owning an Airstream. I talked so much about it to my camping friends, in fact, that they wrapped my SOB in aluminum foil one afternoon while I was out of the campground for a couple of hours. Not only the trailer, but they also wrapped our lawn chairs, etc. They drew quite a crowd watching them I found out later. They did this to surprize me on my birthday. After they had their fun at my reaction, they then gave me a nice Airstream replica that is still one of my prized possessions. You can park next to me anytime my friend!!!!
Dennis
Old 08-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
thnx dennis! sorry i mist the sob wrapping im sure thats was fun. i called compton and got lot 78. thinking of puting my a/s up for sale? i found some pertty ones on the net . but that would be another payment to make just for a shiny one. all of you that have seen my camper. would you think it mite be worth $ 4,500 ?? im SO confused! they are so shiny LOL.

Tags
branson, chili, cook off, fall rally