Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #181
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Sites left

Am going to Branson that week but will stay only through Friday night. Anybody coming in from the 5th through the 9th? Was looking at staying at the Silver Dollar City campground but would love to be with the streamers?
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #182
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Rich,

If you want, call the park and sign up. Tell them you are with the Airstreams, and you should get your full hookup site for 27 per night. We will be there Thursday morning early, and are heading to Silver Dollar City on Thursday. Then Friday there is the potluck. You could head out Saturday morning, and still get to have a great time and meet some great people.

Steve
Old 09-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #183
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
im going to attempt to reupholster the ugly 70s sofa. any ideas? and NO not disco!
bill almond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHog View Post
Am going to Branson that week but will stay only through Friday night. Anybody coming in from the 5th through the 9th? Was looking at staying at the Silver Dollar City campground but would love to be with the streamers?
We are also going to be there on Thursday, probably not early in the morning tho! Noon, maybe.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill almond View Post
im going to attempt to reupholster the ugly 70s sofa. any ideas? and NO not disco!
Tee hee. How about orange, lime and gold stripe? If you are being faithful to the 70's! Oh, wait, maybe that's what you already have......

Old 09-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
We are getting a new awning for the Argosy! After looking at everything available on the net we decided to give the business to our local tent and awning company.......for a couple hundred $$$$ less than anywhere else. Should be ready by the 6th, so the rally will be it's maiden voyage!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #187
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Logo?

Haven't seen an ad for the rally, or a logo yet?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #188
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sandy,

We don't have a rally logo. Normally Janet emails me and asks if I want one, but she must be busy. I think we have some great artists here. I was actually thinking of some chili peppers for the background.

Speaking of Chili peppers, Maccamper donated some product at the Rend Lake rally from Darn Hot Peppers. I took home a couple of items, and was looking through them last night. I decided to open the tin of dried tepin peppers. I didn't know anything about them, and wish I had researched it. After some severe pain in the mouth, I cooled the burn. Turns out these things rival habeneros on the scoville scale. I also found out that dried and ground tepin peppers are the hottest acual spice you can use.

We arrive early on Thursday after driving most of the way Wednesday night, but plan to head to Silver Dollar City that day.

If anyone has art ideas, please feel free to post them here.

Steve
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #189
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
That Avion...

Quote:
Did you ever get any photos of your Avion posted? Which model is it? I think you said it was a '79. We looked at quite a few Avions before we got our CW and they have a special place in my heart . Are you keeping your current color scheme or changing the entire thing? I LOVE making suggestions, but I'm kind wondering what the rest of your Avion looks like (PHOTOS!) Or are you looking for THEME suggestions?

Tina
oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #190
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
i cant get any pixs on here. the floor is tan and white linoleum, all the curtens are white. the bed spreads are light blue, the baht room sink etc, are YELLOW baby poo yellow. now thats a remodel!. the sofa is a abstract orange, browm and wayoff white.thinking of reupholstering the sofa or maybe{ spray paint}. any suggestions would be appreciated . i called my daughter for help with the pixs .but shell have to come by to show me how. or can any one walk me through it?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
A throw will do wonders for covering your sofa until you pick out material to cover it.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #192
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Sandy,

We don't have a rally logo. Normally Janet emails me and asks if I want one, but she must be busy. I think we have some great artists here. I was actually thinking of some chili peppers for the background.

If anyone has art ideas, please feel free to post them here.

Steve
I had thought about an autumn leaf with a red chili in the middle of it, with rally information at the top and bottom, but we are leafing for Roaring River this morning and I won't have time to work anything up. Besides I don't know how to do that and get it on the forum anyway. My scanner doesn't work. Maybe somebody else can think of something? Sandy

Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #193
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Artwork

Sandy,
As you are headed out of town, I'll see if I can create something. I know just enough on the computer to be dangerous... Sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't...

Steve, I'll try to have something by the end of today.

Tina
Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #194
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Uploading photos

Quote:
i cant get any pixs on here. the floor is tan and white linoleum, all the curtens are white. the bed spreads are light blue, the baht room sink etc, are YELLOW baby poo yellow. now thats a remodel!. the sofa is a abstract orange, browm and wayoff white.thinking of reupholstering the sofa or maybe{ spray paint}. any suggestions would be appreciated . i called my daughter for help with the pixs .but shell have to come by to show me how. or can any one walk me through it?
Bill, If you already have the photos uploaded in your computer, to add them into this thread you would post a reply then when composing your reply, you would click on either the paperclip above (next to the smily face) or the Manage Attachments button down below in the additional options section. Once that is open you will see the text at the top "upload files from your computer." On the right of the white box is a button that says browse. Click on that and it will allow you to find a photo on your computer and you can open it. The photo should be in one of the formats listed in the "key" below the upload section. Once you find a photo there you will click on the upload button to actually get it into your message. If the photos aren't in your computer... you are going to have to wait for help .

Good Luck,

Tina
Old 09-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #195
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
With some patience and luck, the flying cloud will have it's floor replaced, belly pan installed, and shell dropped this Saturday. Thank you Xbob, Roger McAir, Al=K4GLU, and 64 cardsfan who plan to assist me in the process. I was really hoping to get her tow able as a huge metal tent for the trip, but it just isn't in the cards.

Tina, just post something here if you have the time to do something.

Steve
Old 09-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #196
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
Unhappy bills ugly sofa

Name:   avion2.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  4.1 KB
Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #197
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
this is cool

Name:   2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  5.0 KB

Name:   4.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  4.1 KB

Name:   tn5.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  3.1 KB

Name:   3.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  3.0 KB
Old 09-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #198
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Sweet

Sweeet Bill! Very nice indeed
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #199
3 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
winfield , Kansas
this is what i got done after work today.i payed 3,300 he wanted 4,700. i dont think i got took.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	87887   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2904.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	87888  

Attached Images

Old 09-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #200
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Wow - what a sofa!

I agree with Isadora and would advise a cover unless you aren't doing the rest of the trailer. If you are, you may want to come up with your "theme" or color scheme and carry it throughout all your fabrics, curtains, etc. Then you could plan everything and not try and match the sofa you did a quick cover job on.

Great job uploading the picture!

Tina

Tags
branson, chili, cook off, fall rally