Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #101
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sandy,

The smoker I will be bringing is the little smoker made out of flower pots that I had at Meremac SP. It won't fit those lovely fish you caught. I wouldn't be able to make separate trips for the big smoker!

Steve
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Sandy,

The smoker I will be bringing is the little smoker made out of flower pots that I had at Meremac SP. It won't fit those lovely fish you caught. I wouldn't be able to make separate trips for the big smoker!

Steve
OK grilled then!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #103
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Gene,

I'll make the armadillo eggs for the Friday night pot luck, and I'll be bringing chili for Saturday. Now mixing the armadillo eggs into the chili...that might be a novel idea.

Steve
I was thinking of picking up an Armadillo on the way up Friday for the chili...I'm sure I will see one or two along the way!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
As long as we cook the leprosy out of it we should be okay.

Steve
Old 09-09-2008, 05:15 AM   #105
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Steve have they sent you a map of the camp ground, so we can pick our spots?

Went to my family reunion last weekend. Rained all night Thur, all day Friday, 3/4 day Saturday and Sunday morning. COLD COLD in Kansas. Got home and about had a heat stroke unloading the trailer (94 degrees). A good mopping and she will be ready for Branson.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 AM   #106
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ of Okla View Post
Steve have they sent you a map of the camp ground, so we can pick our spots?
Nope, guess I need to call them again.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Branson Chili Competition questions and other details

maccamper crew of 2 has confirmed reservations at Oak Grove! We'll just trust that jury duty doesn't conflict with our plans.

Now, down to some serious cooking business .... with some questions about the Saturday Chili Competition:

How many entries can each contestant have?
How much of the chili prep can be done ahead of time at home?
How much of the chili prep can be done before Saturday at the campground?
How big a batch of chili should each contestant prepare?
-- just enough for the judges?
-- enough for the judges and just samples for the rest of the folks?
-- enough for the judges and plenty to share at Saturday night dinner?

For the Friday night potluck, we plan to bring Red Beans and Rice. For the Saturday night chili dinner, we plan to bring "Pepper/Corn Spoonbread." The spoonbread will be a nice accompaniment to chili.

We plan to arrive late afternoon to early evening on Thursday 10/16 and stay till Tuesday, Oct 21. We're going to do a day trip down to Eureka Springs, AR on Monday 10/20.

Whoo hooo! C'mon Branson! Oh yes, we'll also bring the bubble machine!

maccamper (Nancy Mac)
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:30 AM   #108
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccamper
How many entries can each contestant have?
How much of the chili prep can be done ahead of time at home?
How much of the chili prep can be done before Saturday at the campground?
How big a batch of chili should each contestant prepare?
-- just enough for the judges?
-- enough for the judges and just samples for the rest of the folks?
-- enough for the judges and plenty to share at Saturday night dinner?
Another contestant!...well that makes two The rules are simple.

1. One entry per person for the contest, make as many different chilis you want, but only one for judging.

2.-3. You can prep as much as you need at home or the campground.

4. Last year people made a batch in a crock pot or large stove pot. I give a very small amount to the judges, and the rest is left for the rally to enjoy. Look at it like a chili potluck. People not making chili Saturday are welcome to come and eat chili and Friday night leftovers.

Monday is the day that we lose a hold on our spots. They go to 1st Come 1st Served after that. If you are considering Branson, make a reservation and cancel if you cannot make it. The RV Park has informed me he has a great deal of people calling him about spots.

Just over a month to go!

Steve
Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Has anyone heard if 2aspirins and his wife are coming to the Rally?
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #110
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Kani,

I have not heard from 2Asprins or Nohillgrish in a few weeks. I put out a message to find out. I also contacted the Horton clan to see if they could make it. They sold their Airstream and are looking for another. Since they live in Branson, they may make it down for some events.

Steve
Old 09-13-2008, 09:10 AM   #111
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Thanks for the update..I hope they make it...
Quote:
Hey Kani,

I have not heard from 2Asprins or Nohillgrish in a few weeks. I put out a message to find out. I also contacted the Horton clan to see if they could make it. They sold their Airstream and are looking for another. Since they live in Branson, they may make it down for some events.

Steve
Old 09-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #112
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
[
Hey Kani,

Steve
QUOTE]

We are reserved for the 17th & 18th. Spoke with 2aspirins today, and I think they are going but have not made reservations yet. Lady at the campground said they would not assign spots until arrival. This would allow them to pick and choose who to put where based on size of unit. She also said that we as a group might not be together. Said it was a small park, however, and we shouldn't be too far from each other wherever we were. I'm not sure, Steve, that this is what you were led to believe.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #113
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Stray,

The park is small, and because of other groups scheduled there, I was recently informed that we will not all be together. It will be similar to Meremac SP where we were interspersed. The sooner people register, the better it will be for the group.

Steve
Old 09-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Quote:
Stray,

The park is small, and because of other groups scheduled there, I was recently informed that we will not all be together. It will be similar to Meremac SP where we were interspersed. The sooner people register, the better it will be for the group.

Steve
When I confirmed our reservations yesterday, we were told the same thing -- sites would be assigned after they knew how many would be at the rally and how best to group us.

Steve, how do we get a "logo" for our rally? The one you made for the Silver, Stars and Stripes was great as was the Branson Spring BBQ logo. I think Alumatube may have created that one. Just realized today that I wasn't seeing one for our October Fall Branson rally.

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #115
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Nancy,

Those were created by the moderator Janet. She designs logos for people with no skillz to do it themselves.

We could email her, but she ofter follows these threads.

Steve
Old 09-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
[

We are reserved for the 17th & 18th. Spoke with 2aspirins today, and I think they are going but have not made reservations yet. Lady at the campground said they would not assign spots until arrival. This would allow them to pick and choose who to put where based on size of unit. She also said that we as a group might not be together. Said it was a small park, however, and we shouldn't be too far from each other wherever we were. I'm not sure, Steve, that this is what you were led to believe.
It IS a small park. Looked to be on two levels when we drove thru it last week, sort of in semi-circles. Nothing is very far from anywhere else so even if we are not together as a group we won't be very far away from anyone. Meramec is a huge park, spread out, this is all close in. Would be nice if we could all get together either at the lower level or the upper level.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #117
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
GET ON THE PHONE NOW! 888-334-4781
Jack and I visited the park today. We tried to secure a site but like several of you have said they assign spots. He also said that on the 15th the rest of the 30 he is holding are going to be on the market. He mentioned he could have rented those spaces several times already which leads me to believe he has a waiting list. SO if you can get a hold of anyone you think might be coming please have them call and make a reservation. You don't have to pay in advance (like Meramec) they just take a credit card # and do not charge your account until you check in. It is a small park and their is some kid of festival going on so if you are planning on coming you need to secure a spot even though they will not assign spots until later. You don't want to get there and not have a spot.

It's already the 13th! Deadline is in 2 more days campers!
Old 09-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #118
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have been gently nudging folks for a week now, and I hope it works. Nobody other than two people responded, and one of them is not going. I can only assume that none of the other folks I contacted are NOT interested. It looks like we will have a MUCH smaller group than we had in Meremac and our last Branson Rally.

I am surprised that a few people who were interested in attending have not signed up. I have emailed them, and let them know that as of Monday, the spots are likely going to be gone.

Steve
Old 09-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Thursday, September 11 - Saturday, October 25
Festival of American Music & Craftsmanship at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO Silver Dollar City's Festival of American Music & Craftsmanship is a month long celebration of all that is traditional American crafts and music, and a great time in the Branson area.

This is what is going on in Branson in October! That's why there might be a waiting list. It is always a big deal, if you are planning on going to the rally, you had better get your reservations now!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #120
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ya know,

We had the Branson rally last fall over the 12-14. The Craftsmanship fair was going on then as well, but our park was completely filled up with airstreams. Perhaps this is why we didn't need to worry about the park filling up (We already filled it).

Steve

Tags
branson, chili, fall, rally, cook off