Old 10-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #407
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Dinner was excellent last night, and can only get better tonight.

We were up early again with Paige's nails clicking on the floor all the way up to our bed in order to stare at us.

I got a sneak peak at a few trailers last night, and all I can say is wow on some of the work that has been done. Kani and Jack's sink is going to become the newest Airstream restoration craze (I will be buying one in the near future for my flying cloud).

CJ of OKLA has the Halloween trailer thing going, and all she needs is a tape of scary music to be completely legit.

Bill and Nell arrived without their trailer and joined us for the day, and celebrity guests the Horton family joined us for dinner.

A great day of tours, a leak testing demo, and chili smack down await.

Jeff and Cindy, sorry you had to postpone your trip. We'll be waiting for you and the Brittney Spaniels sometime today.

Steve

Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #408
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We had another great one...

Those of you who are on the fence for this rally need to come out and join us next April for the Spring is in the AIR forums rally.

This evening, we all gathered again for the Chili cook-off where we had nine tasty entries that were all great. I tasted them all and thought there were some real winners.

Taking first place was the MacCamper crew of two.
Second belonged to Dale (Attending his first rally)
Third was Amy (Combatmedic) with her Smoked Chicken Chili.

We drew door prizes after we were done and many pictures were taken by the crew. I was Emceeing the event, so I only have pictures from the earlier day events below. More to follow later.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ambassador with flags 2.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69798   Click image for larger version

Name:	dan and dale.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	69799  

Name:	Dixon parkway.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	69800   Click image for larger version

Name:	isadora.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	69801  

Name:	stray and clax.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	69802   Click image for larger version

Name:	judy barge.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	69803  

Name:	maccamper.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	69804   Click image for larger version

Name:	kani and naurena.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	69805  

Name:	jdthorton.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	69806   Click image for larger version

Name:	judy barge2.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	69807  

Old 10-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #409
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
You forgot to mention

Steve you forgot to mention the "Fiesta Bowl Set" that has become the "Fruit Cake" of the Group.

Steve and Amy brought it to the Meramec Rally in August for a prize/gift. It was reluctently taken by it's winners and was returned unopened to the Branson Rally for an additional gift.

Steve tried and tried to give it away. 1st to the person that traveled the furthest, who came back with a resounding NO as the answer. He tried to give it to the Oldest Trailer, the answer was the same. He tried to give it to the guy with the longest trailer, who likewise refused. Everyone refused it as a prize. AKA The "fruit Cake" of this group.

Steve finally stuffed it over the cabinets in the meeting room where we held the Chili Cook off.

I hope someone sneaks back in the Meeting room and takes it to bring to the next Rally! The Fiesta Set was the center of many laughs.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #410
3 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Lone Jack , Missouri
Thanks for the invitation!

Many thanks to Steve and Amy for inviting me to the Branson Fall Forums Rally! I learned a great deal and, more importantly, met some great people.
(I think I will pass on being a chili judge next time, however) All the entries were good but I didn't have enough sense to stop eating.

One of these days, "Turleen" will be done or ,at least, towable and I will
bring her to an event. If UPS cooperates tomorrow will be Fantastic Fan installation day. One step closer.

Thanks, again, for having me!!
Pop.528

"You better learn it fast; you better learn it young"-John Fogerty
Larry in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #411
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Glad you made it to the rally. Jack and I enjoyed meeting you Larry.
Get that sweet little AS dun and bring your bride along. ....You might have to drug her 1st and get as far away from Lone Jack Missouri as Possible before she comes to. Then she will have no choice but to join us and if she like us all is forgiven! But ...if she doesn't you'll be in DEEP KAKA BUDDY! OR maybe! ......Don't do that....what I just said.
Thanks for the Vulkem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in MO View Post
Many thanks to Steve and Amy for inviting me to the Branson Fall Forums Rally! I learned a great deal and, more importantly, met some great people.
(I think I will pass on being a chili judge next time, however) All the entries were good but I didn't have enough sense to stop eating.

bring her to an event. If UPS cooperates tomorrow will be Fantastic Fan installation day. One step closer.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #412
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry in MO View Post

Ditto to what Kani said, and the rest of us felt. Was really good to meet you and looking forward to the "ole Cloud" being with us some day.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #413
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Pictures of the Rally

Thank you Steve/Amy for posting pictures of the rally so soon...like before you left the park!
I can't wait to see all of them. All I ended up with are some of the food I was cooking on our new stove, a couple of Jack with his laptop watching football and some of our sweet little Tia girl.

Sorry.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:51 PM   #414
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
What a nightmare....but I digress

FINALLY HOME:ang ry:

So much for a nice relaxing day to finish off our short vacation, and get us ready for work tomorrow. Around St. Clair, MO we ran into gridlock traffic eastbound on HWY 44. After moving about 100 feet in 45 minutes, I called my mother to have her look up the traffic on MODOT's website. The results were NOT good. There was an accident that closed both east and westbound lanes of Hwy 44 at Hwy 50 in Union, MO (About 7 miles away).

The police shuffled us all off the highway onto the service road. Oddly enough, more emergency vehicles came traveling the wrong way on a two way road. After about an hour, we saw where the ambulance, fire engine, and police car ended up...a house located near the highway.

We were diverted again over 44 and onto a different service road. A long winding turn brought us into union at Hwy 50 where police were alternating 3 minutes of traffic flow between four different lines of cars.

After all of this, we were back onto Hwy 44. The culprit was a semi truck that had caught on fire. There was no wreck, accident, injuries, and the fire damage was VERY small. I just wasted over three hours going seven miles. Collin was cranky, Amy wasn't happy, and I was pretty. A normal four hour pleasant drive turned into a monster taking over seven hours.

We also have an issue with the trailer. My trailer brakes were barely working the entire trip home. My LEDs were fine, but my trailer wasn't stopping well. Once home, I tried using the electric jack, and it wouldn't budge. I went inside the trailer and turned the lights on...they barely lit. I think it must be the battery going bad. Odd since I was told these optima gel batteries were some of the best. I plugged the trailer back in, and tested my battery leads with a multi-meter which read 12v. The parallax converter must be working fine to get this reading. I guess I will unplug the shore power tomorrow and see if the battery is holding its' charge.

Other than that, we had a fun little trip. Thanks to Artstream, Airstream of Arkansas, and all others who brought prizes.

Thanks to Leah, Larry, and Bill/Nell for making the trip without trailers.

Thanks to C/J for having the sealtech test performed.

Thanks to Robb and Jeannie (And the Legends Theater) for free tickets to the show.

Last of all...thanks to everyone for making this ANOTHER successful rally for the Midwest Streamers!

Steve
Old 10-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #415
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Wow, Steve and Amy, sorry you had such a terrible trip home! We had an uneventful trip, made it in just about 3 hours. The trailer is mostly unpacked and ready to be cleaned thoroughly. It was a great rally! We had a lot of fun, really enjoyed seeing those we had previously met and also meeting new people. So much great food, I think I must have gained 5 lbs! And of course, loved seeing all the trailers. CJ did it again for the best decorations! If there had been a contest they would have won!

Thanks again, Steve and Amy, for all your hard work organizing things again. Hope to see you all again (and more) in the spring! (I'll post pictures tomorrow if we get them out of the camera and into the computer.) And thanks for having us!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #416
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Ya know what,

I was so mad about what happened on the trip home, I forgot the rest of the story. After I unpacked the trailer, I booted the laptop up to read emails. I tried connecting to the net, and there was NO SERVICE. I called my ISP (Like I have done over 20 times since I registered), and reported another outage. My last outage was reported 9 days ago, and lasted almost two days.

The tech told me that it would be 0800 before the net was back up. I told him to cancel my service. He told me he would pass the message to customer service, and apologized for the service issues. 10 minutes after I hung up the phone, he called back stating he miraculously fixed it, and I could get online.

Something smells here, and it isn't the food we left in the fridge at the Stagecoach.

All back to normal now though, and deciding if I want to cancel still or not.

Steve
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #417
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Smile

Hey Steve,

The accident was still there at 7:30PM. We heard on 7PM news that the highway was open in both directions. Within about 3 minutes we found out the radio was wrong. It was moved off the road by then and there was so much backup that we were stop and go for 6-7 miles. There were injuries and a death. The semi that had burned after it hit a suv pulling a boat that was on the shoulder of the highway. Dale and Carol's daughter had been past it right after it happened. She had called her folks making sure it wasn't them. We kept seeing the "new" electric signs saying that the highway was closed and Dan knew that MODOT had not kept the sign current when we came to a screeching halt. Dale got good experience in towing in a traffic jam. We also had an extremely slow period west of Rolla because of bridge repair. I think we set a record for slowest trip from Branson to St. Louis. We left at 11:15AM and arrived home at 9:00 PM. We did stop at Camping World, lunch and made coffee after the first traffic jam.

We had a great time this weekend. We don't have the trailer emptied and I'm ready to rally again.

See you later I have to go to bed.

Marty
Old 10-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #418
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Thanks to Steve and Amy. We had a great time. Looking forward to the next time, maybe without so many distractions. Glad everyone made it home.
jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #419
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Ya know what,

. . .
. . .

Something smells here, and it isn't the food we left in the fridge at the Stagecoach.

All back to normal now though, and deciding if I want to cancel still or not.

Steve
Steve,

We're still at Stagecoach. Do you want us to clean any food out of the fridge? The owner has already checked and cleaned sites so he's probably already cleaned the clubhouse.

Nancy mac
Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM   #420
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
WHAT? ....LEFT OVERS? I'll be right down

Tags
branson, chili, fall, rally, cook off