Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #341
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
bummer hopefully no one else has something come up

me i ready except for my floor not done yet some electrical issues and a couple other things to finish up with.
osolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #342
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Isadora needs a good bath and I have to get my chili stuff ready, and buy a few groceries but other than that, we are good to go. (Well, we do have to make a stop at Roaring River Wed and Thurs and catch some trout, for the potluck, first! Such a chore, sigh ) See you all next week!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #343
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I went ahead and revised what we had for the pot luck and chili competition with happy hour(s).

Friday Pot Luck:

Soldiermedic Armadillo Eggs
2Wired Corn Casserole
tedh1031 Fried Turkey
Isadora Grilled Trout
Maccamper Red Beans and Rice
Osolow Rolls

Saturday Night Chili Cook-Off:

Chili Competitiors:

Soldiermedic
Beer Can
Osolow
Isadora
Maccamper

There for the party:

Maccamper Pepper/Corn Spoonbread and bubble machine
Isadora Cinnamon Rolls

Prizes for rally:

SoldierMedic: Trophy for 1st place Chili,
Picnic Basket Set (Latching case, plates, cups, plastic ware, and spots for wine/food), Spiffy flamingo baseball caps, hummingbird feeder, fondue set.
ArtStream: 2 Artstream T-shirts
CJ OF OCLA: Set of Pink Flamingos
Isadora: Sterling silver wire wrapped Mozarkite (the state gemstone) pendant
Cosmotini: Airstream Ornaments from Hallmark

There are some spots still available, and I think that anyone wanting to show up last minute will have a great time.

Here are the Spiffy hats that Amy made.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hats.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	69084  
Old 10-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #344
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Nice job on the hats, Amy!
Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #345
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
Weather man keeps talking about RAIN. I guess we should be use to it raining at the Rallies.

Steve we have been in contact with the frig guy. He just wanted to make sure we didn't haul it on it's side. Hee Hee As James and he are retired they will probably meet up during the week after the Rally. We have been invited to their Rally in Feb (Texas). Sound like fun if the roads are nice. We could test out our heater, so far James hasn't been able to get the thing working. There is a central heat unit that the motor won't kick on, and there is a stand along unit attached to the wall by the kitchen cabinet that is working. In order to work on the central unit we have to remove the cabinet to get to it.

Amy, did you do the Flamingo's on the hats? What type of sewing machine do you have? Those are so cool!

OH, I almost fogot, James will fry some more Oklahoma Catfish, and if it is cool I will make some Potato soup. I can bring some Fritos for the chili.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #346
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
CJ,

The flamingos have a glue backing, we used an iron to stick them onto the hat.

I was reviewing the sign-up page to recheck names and we have a new person who has signed up. Everyone welcome Judy Barde to the rally since she says on the sign-up page that she is nervous. I have also spoken with Wiegand01, and they will not be attending the rally.

As it stands, we will have 14 trailers on the grounds, and at least two others staying in motels sans trailer (Larry in MO, Beercan). I was contacted by a few others about coming without a trailer, but nothing recent.

Amy lucked out and had a four day weekend, goes to work Tuesday, and then we leave for Branson on Wednesday. Looks like jdthor and the medics on on advance party recon till the reinforcements arrive over the following two days.

See ya'll shortly.

Steve
Old 10-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #347
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Jack and I would like to "Vulkem" you all to the Branson Rally! You are all "Vulkem" to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by osolow View Post
Larry in MO i would like a couple of tubes of Vulkem if you have any left?
just let me know.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #348
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Best ever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
Jack and I would like to "Vulkem" you all to the Branson Rally! You are all "Vulkem" to come!
That is the "best pun I ever ever " heard ..... (Meramec Rally joke)

Nancy Mac
maccamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #349
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
....and this guy is from the planet Vulkem.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #350
3 Rivet Member

2018 Atlas
Orange Beach , Alabama
We are getting ready today, and will leave homebase on Tuesday morning after I finish teaching the one class I have that day, departing about 0930 or so. Thinking about staying Tuesday night at DeGray Lake State Park in Arkansas and driving up to Branson Stagecoach on Wednesday morning. Should be there by noon or so. Arrival could be later as we are subject to stop a lot on the way. This will be our first time to participate in an A/S Rally, as well as our first time to visit Branson. Looking forward to it and to meeting others on the forum.

JD Thornton, Natchitoches LA
jdthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:03 AM   #351
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
JD,

You will beat us there on Wednesday, but we will see you when we arrive. I'll be on the look out for your "HUGE" trailer as you put it .

Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #352
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Safe Travels ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthor View Post
We are getting ready today, and will leave homebase on Tuesday morning after I finish teaching the one class I have that day, departing about 0930 or so. Thinking about staying Tuesday night at DeGray Lake State Park in Arkansas and driving up to Branson Stagecoach on Wednesday morning. Should be there by noon or so. Arrival could be later as we are subject to stop a lot on the way. This will be our first time to participate in an A/S Rally, as well as our first time to visit Branson. Looking forward to it and to meeting others on the forum.

JD Thornton, Natchitoches LA

Safe travels to you, JD. Stopping a lot on the way isn't necessarily a bad thing when you're towing. We look forward to meeting you and your family.

We'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. We're hitting the road on Wednesday and staying Wednesday night at the Stanton, MO KOA.

maccamper
Old 10-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #353
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Nancy,

Guess you guys decided to make a two day drive down. Can't say I blame you in the least. Is Laird bringing the little smoker he has at Meremac?

Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 07:45 AM   #354
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Southern , Illinois
Undecided ... about smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Nancy,

Guess you guys decided to make a two day drive down. Can't say I blame you in the least. Is Laird bringing the little smoker he has at Meremac?

Steve
Hi Steve,

Having just made the round trip to Hot Springs, AR, we're going to take it a little easier driving down to Branson. We've been wanting to check out campgrounds off Interstate 44 for our Oklahoma trips anyway.

Laird is undecided about bring the little Backwoods smoker. Did you have something in mind?

Nancy Mac
Old 10-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #355
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Nancy,
I was just curious if you guys were bringing it. I am smoking some stuff for my chili cook-off entry, a slab of spares for dinner, and our armadillo eggs for the rally that we will reheat later.

Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 12:23 PM   #356
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
well i have to go to colaw Mon and get a few things possibly a new Toilet and a couple of other things.
then Tue i will go to the store and get supplies for chili and Hot Rolls .that i will be making for the pot luck.
i plain on leaving late Friday morning early afternoon i think it will only take me three hours or so to get there.
see everyone there Friday sometime
Old 10-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #357
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey D,

You bringing butter for those rolls ? Did you and the misses decide when she will be coming down?

On a side note, I smoke a deer roast, the armadillo eggs, some ribs, and other stuff today. Turned out really well.

With a chili competition comes the need for judging. I plan to ask Nell who has been a judge on both of the other cook-offs to be one. I would like to have three total, and would them to be people not competing.

Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #358
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
yeah i will bring butter i will also bring some local honey as well
your in for a treat these Hot rolls are my grandmas recipe and its taken me a while to get it just right.
i think my cousin was on the fence about coming again but if you need another judge i bet that will get them to come.

the wife has to work until noon on sat then shell drive down

on are old toilet it still works the wife just feels we need a new one. she's cleaned it really good but she just doesn't feel like she wants to sit on it. personally i don't want to spend $280 on a new toilet but if the wife says she wants it what do you do? (buy a new one in my case). Here's my question is it alright to try to resale the toilet or should i just put it in storage or toss it? I don't want to toss it because it still works. it would be perfect for someone redoing a trailer on a budget. the only real problem with it is it now of legal age to vote and has a few stains, sound Bad But it's not with some elbow grease and good cleaner it would shine right up.
again its not disgusting its just older
Old 10-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #359
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by osolow View Post
i think my cousin was on the fence about coming again but if you need another judge i bet that will get them to come.
If I recall correctly your cousin was a judge last time. Hey! Didn't you win the last cook-off? I think I need to have a bipartisan panel to investigate if anything unethical has occurred!

Anyone have a source for 14" Flexible ducting and 14" hose clamps that they can get immediately? An odd request I know, but almost an emergency on my end.

Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #360
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
yeah i won

but i believe it was a very tight race

he's free if you need him just throwing the option out there

Tags
branson, chili, fall, rally, cook off