Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #197
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Kani is just fooled

The campground called me today. Due to a wood carvers rally at the main park, it is unlikely they can get all of us together in the same area in the main park. Wouldn't you know they can likely get us into the north park. I have never had an issue at the north park, but I have parked in the better spots to be in. I am expecting another call tomorrow from them about everything.

Airstream of Arkansas wants to sponsor the pavilion, but I am not about to let them do that (I am working on FREE).

Steve
Steve,
As indicated in my PM, whatever you work out is fine with me. I, for one, will be happy to chip in on pavillion rental if that's the direction we go. Small price for some fine fellowship with kindred spirits!!! None of us are sweating this little "inconvenience of life" regarding the campground merry-go-round. The guy that needs to be sweating is all the bad reviews he's going to get on his camground because he couldn't see beyond the end of his nose. Just set it up, tell us the cost, and get ready for some good times/eats.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #198
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Tmi

Quote:
What Speedo?

I don't wear a suit when I swim.

Steve

Too much information!

nancy mac

Old 09-22-2008, 08:08 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Not much of an inconvenience, and we will probably be happier at Compton Ridge anyway. The first campground was old and tight quarters. And laid out oddly with two levels. we just need to know where to go! Party on!

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #200
Rivet Master

1974 29' Ambassador
1966 20' Globetrotter
Central , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohillgrish View Post
Steve,
As indicated in my PM, whatever you work out is fine with me. I, for one, will be happy to chip in on pavillion rental if that's the direction we go. Small price for some fine fellowship with kindred spirits!!! None of us are sweating this little "inconvenience of life" regarding the campground merry-go-round. The guy that needs to be sweating is all the bad reviews he's going to get on his camground because he couldn't see beyond the end of his nose. Just set it up, tell us the cost, and get ready for some good times/eats.
Yes . . . . to what nohillgrish said.

nancy mac
Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #201
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I was contacted today by the campground about a few things. They have a rally of wood carvers who are exhibiting at Silver Dollar City and they are staying at the Main park. At last check, they would only be able to get us all together at the north park. This isn't 100% yet, so I urge all to wait till I have everything set before calling.

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #202
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
By the way...did anyone get a call from the guy?

I bet he doesn't call anyone.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #203
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Compton South

I took my grandson and did a little road trip to Compton South today. Here are a few pictures and a couple of spots Steve might be interested in trying to get that exit right into the Pavilion.

P.S. Tennis anyone? The court is next to the Pavilion and who was it that was bringing their Speedo for the indoor pool? Hope its not real cold that day! They might think you're trying to smuggle acorns out of the park
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0080-1.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	67837   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0081-1.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	67838  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0110-1.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	67839  
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #204
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Oh OK...
Quote:
I was contacted today by the campground about a few things. They have a rally of wood carvers who are exhibiting at Silver Dollar City and they are staying at the Main park. At last check, they would only be able to get us all together at the north park. This isn't 100% yet, so I urge all to wait till I have everything set before calling.

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #205
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Yea...what she said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Not much of an inconvenience, and we will probably be happier at Compton Ridge anyway. The first campground was old and tight quarters. And laid out oddly with two levels. we just need to know where to go! Party on!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #206
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Don't make a big deal about the Pavilion we can all chip in. No worries, be happy. JUST GET THE FREAKIN PAVILION!
Quote:
Kani is just fooled

The campground called me today. Due to a wood carvers rally at the main park, it is unlikely they can get all of us together in the same area in the main park. Wouldn't you know they can likely get us into the north park. I have never had an issue at the north park, but I have parked in the better spots to be in. I am expecting another call tomorrow from them about everything.

Airstream of Arkansas wants to sponsor the pavilion, but I am not about to let them do that (I am working on FREE).

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #207
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
Question whats going on??????

man i take one little 6 hour bike ride down here to Texas and boy look what i missed. never thought i would see the day when an A/S rally is to rowdy for a RV park .
i will be leaving a negitive on google search as soon as i cancel my reservation lol

For a business that advertises a sunday worship the sure follow what they preach

personally i liked the campton ridge site we were in last spring i did not know or hear about the problems untill after words.
but hopfully everything will smooth out and this rowdy crew of A/S owners can get there party going!

I havent heard anything from that park as of today but i will call and cancel tomorrow
Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #208
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I actually like Compton Ridge, and I know several others did as well. I think what puts a few people off is the north park isn't the easiest place to park in (That's half the entertainment according to Airhog1). I will be calling them tomorrow, but I don't know if we are going to be able to get into the south park as a group. Let's cross our fingers.

Steve

By the way D...you took your bike to Texas? What's going on there?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #209
on the hunt

Currently Looking...
riverton , Kansas
Send a message via Skype™ to osolow
yeah aim down here in Dallas (Irving) for the rest of the week for training for work

i was thinking about going to burleson and looking at some new airstream's and day dreaming. i think that's the closest dealer to were am at i will have to get on A/S web site and see i will also have to luck out and get out of training early to be able to do that? if not i oh well.
they have a new house of blues down here and i been wanting to go, besides that i promised my dad i would pick him up a t-shirt
Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 AM   #210
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey All,

I went to google and searched Oak Grove RV Park so that I could do a review. If you would like to leave comments on Oak Grove, you can click here and leave your own thoughts. I hope the owner calls everyone who registered, especially since I do not know the Charles Dixon who is registered with us.
Updated Food List.

Friday Pot Luck:

Soldiermedic Armadillo Eggs
2Wired Corn Casserole
tedh1031 Fried Turkey
Isadora Grilled Trout
Maccamper Red Beans and Rice
Osolow Rolls

Saturday Night Chili Cook-Off:

Chili Competitiors:

Soldiermedic
Beer Can