Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #81
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
We need a beach fix!

I really hate to rub it in but we are arriving on 09/01 and leaving 09/11, unless the little storm in the Atlantic changes our plans. Pat and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversay on the 7th so this is an extra special trip. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #82
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
I really hate to rub it in but we are arriving on 09/01 and leaving 09/11, unless the little storm in the Atlantic changes our plans. Pat and I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversay on the 7th so this is an extra special trip. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.
Greg,

Congratulations on yours, and Pat's, anniversary. Isn't the 35th the one where the wife receives a 2 carat ring?

We will also observe a milestone during the weekend....but, one that I don't like to acknowledge.

We've moved our arrival up to Thursday......departing Tuesday morning. Hope the weather cools a bit. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

If there is anyone who was considering attending, but missed out on reserving a site.....there may be a last minute cancellation. PM me if you're interested.

Ron

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:26 PM   #83
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
We moved ours up to Thursday as well but are going to have to leave Monday.
Want do something Thursday PM? Maybe a good dinner?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Great that you guys are getting there early.....bummer that you're leaving on Monday. Thursday might be a good nite to dine out.....before the big Labor Day crowds arrive on Friday. Jenn and I did some shopping in Destin yesterday, and I was surprised at how few cars were on the road....but, it was Monday......that will all change for Labor Day weekend.

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Greg,

Congratulations on yours, and Pat's, anniversary. Isn't the 35th the one where the wife receives a 2 carat ring?

We will also observe a milestone during the weekend....but, one that I don't like to acknowledge.

We've moved our arrival up to Thursday......departing Tuesday morning. Hope the weather cools a bit. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

If there is anyone who was considering attending, but missed out on reserving a site.....there may be a last minute cancellation. PM me if you're interested.

Ron
I believe the 35th is a trip to Florida, that is what I told her anyway . I'm sure we can be talked into eating somewhere Thursday night. Just look us up. We are the ones in an Airstream .
Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #86
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend. For all who are coming to the "Bloody Mary Party" at our site, it is going to be a BYOC.......Bring Your Own Chair!!!! For those who aren't 'bloody' fans I am going to have some other mixes too. If someone is in the mood for a mimosa, bring the champagne and I'll have the mix- a special blend!!!
Annette
Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #87
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend. For all who are coming to the "Bloody Mary Party" at our site, it is going to be a BYOC.......Bring Your Own Chair!!!! For those who aren't 'bloody' fans I am going to have some other mixes too. If someone is in the mood for a mimosa, bring the champagne and I'll have the mix- a special blend!!!
Annette
Annette,

Thanks for doing this! I'm not a fan of mimosas (they give me a headache), but I have a bottle of champagne that I will donate to the cause (or trade for one of your great Bloody Marys).

BTW, what time are you planning to start mixing? I ask because there hasn't been much response to the potluck signup list, and at this point I'm not sure exactly how many are attending the potluck, or what side dishes (if any) are being added. We should have a better idea by Friday evening, so Jenn and I will need to make an early morning market run on Sat (probably need to do that before the morning happy hour).

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-26-2010, 09:01 AM   #88
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I am afraid we are going to have to bail on this trip...bummer. But, if there is anyone interested in our site #168 I will be calling Reserve America and changing our reservation to the Can Opener weekend.

Tom, AKA Minnie's Mate
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #89
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
Annette

Just so I'm not late (or early), what time might the Mary's be served?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #90
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I am afraid we are going to have to bail on this trip...bummer. But, if there is anyone interested in our site #168 I will be calling Reserve America and changing our reservation to the Can Opener weekend.

Tom, AKA Minnie's Mate

Sorry you can't make it. If no one here takes it, I'll bet that site is gone within a couple of hours. Looks like the place is booked solid.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #91
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Tom,

Sorry to hear that you, and your family, are not going to make it. I was looking forward to sharing some of your "jellyfish treatment." I suppose you might as well drink it, as January is too cold for the critters. See you then.....no bailing on Canopener this year, or we will talk about ya!

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-30-2010, 12:19 AM   #92
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Thanks Greg and Ron. If nothing happens to upset our plans, we will be at the Can Opener.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 AM   #93
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
I looked at the weather forecast for Beachstream. It looks awesome. Very little chance of rain and temps below 90.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #94
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Rising Fawn , Georgia
We've had unexpected business that is going to have to be handled this week and is going to keep us from coming. We have site 127 if anyone wants it. I will wait until tomorrow to cancel.
AIR #17143
TAC #G-15
StanandLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
And I was looking forward to seeing the new 34'. Guess it will wait until next time.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #96
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanandLynn View Post
We've had unexpected business that is going to have to be handled this week and is going to keep us from coming. We have site 127 if anyone wants it. I will wait until tomorrow to cancel.

Sorry to hear of your need to change plans. However, if no one takes your site and you need to cancel, I'd like to get a heads up email (cms4140@gmail.com) from you so I can follow your cancellation with a call to reserve america to try to swap to your site to get closer to everyone.

Also, as a newb, I'd appreciate any volunteers to supplement my miserable AS dealer delivery experience last month with some insight on equipment/component operation and general how-to's and pointers.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #97
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
Sorry to hear of your need to change plans. However, if no one takes your site and you need to cancel, I'd like to get a heads up email (cms4140@gmail.com) from you so I can follow your cancellation with a call to reserve america to try to swap to your site to get closer to everyone.

Also, as a newb, I'd appreciate any volunteers to supplement my miserable AS dealer delivery experience last month with some insight on equipment/component operation and general how-to's and pointers.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Chris
Chris,

Hope you can make the switch. Topsail is full for the weekend, and I imagine there are folks that are looking to snag last minute cancellations. If you could work it out, I would suggest a conference (three-way) call to Reserve America to make the switch.

You can expect to receive all kinds of advice this weekend......don't be afraid to ask. We've had our 25 FB for over two years now, and can cover any of it's systems and quirks.

Looking forward to meeting you.....when are you arriving?

Ron

AIR # 22776
Old 08-31-2010, 06:17 AM   #98
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Chris,

You can expect to receive all kinds of advice this weekend......don't be afraid to ask. We've had our 25 FB for over two years now, and can cover any of it's systems and quirks.
Advice is what we need! I also need a temporary window leak fix - if there is such a thing.

We are planning to arrive around 5-6pm Friday, depending on how long it takes to get over the mid-bay bridge.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:17 AM   #99
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
We were successful in changing to Stan's site. Therefore, site #115 is now available if anyone has a need.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 AM   #100
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
[QUOTE=cms4140;889186]I also need a temporary window leak fix - if there is such a thing.

Chris,

Glad to see that you got the site changed.

If you know where the window leak is, you can temporarily seal it with foil tape (the kind that is used on ductwork).....available at Lowe's or Home Depot. When my skylight started leaking, I used the tape for a couple of months until I could get the skylight replaced. Not pretty, but effective. I will have a small amount with me in my tool kit.

Ron

AIR # 22776