Old 09-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #15
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Originally Posted by stinkytwinky
I am open to a location in West Virginia, and not having traveled much I am not sure which campround might be better than others. The main theme will be Argosy's, but Airstreamers are welcome. It would be nice if I could find someone to teach a few classes on repairing and upkeep of a travel trailer of these vintages. I am hoping to have a few door prizes, like one for the oldest trailer, and farthest visitor, and a few from a drawing.

The campground will have activities to keep children busy, and I am looking for a few volunteers to run a few stations for a child "field day" consisiting of a few hours on one of the days. Keep the questions coming as it helps my creative juices.

There should be a swap meet while we are there so bring your unused stuff.
Hmm, maybe you should look into the WBCCI. We have rallies that seem to fit your description perfectly. We could always spot light the Argosies as we have with the Vintage units. I know it is not necessarily in your area but the 2005 SC State Rally may meet your expectations for entertainment and the ambiance of Airstreams and Argosies.

I know the new england unit has big time rallies with all of the fun you desire.

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #16
1974 28' Argosy TT
1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
The plan is to have this right after the children get out of school. I will check out the Campsite suggested above, and any others that might be suggested. I would think 31 sites might be too small though (high hopes?). Keep the suggestions flowing and the responses sane (lou).

1974 28' Argosy (Hey, Airstreams are just Argosy's that haven't been painted yet .. )
1999 Ford F250 Lariat SD Extended Cab with 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
stinkytwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
I didn't know that the Blue Ridge Mountains were in WVA. Let me check my geography book.
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Cool Suggestion for western part of VIRGINIA - an Airstream only park in the Blue Ridge Mountains of VIRGINIA! Lovely area, open May 1, October 15.

I own one of them thar new fangled CCD's, but would come anyway.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member
1977 Argosy 24
forest city , North Carolina

looking for info on Argosy rally clubs ect.
DENNIS IN NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:12 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Dennis - if you look at the date you bumped that thread from you might guess that Argosy rallies - haven't happened very often. If you go to any of the bigger rallies there are usually at least a couple of Argosy trailers in attendance. Vintage Rallies - a bigger percentage.

Virginia Highland Haven might be a place you should check out. Also send a PM to Overlander63. He works at Out of Doors Mart in NC and probably knows some other Argosy owners, or if you don't get a rise out of this post, consider starting a new thread.

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote