Old 05-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #57
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
tell ya what..

I'll bring a bunch of them and a couple of big pots and some butter and lemon. We can steam as many as there are mouths for and you can tote the rest home. I think we have post space for about 15 chokes.

Last year I got a case to take to the wenatchee rally and they ran a buck a piece.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:44 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Western , Washington
gary, i have a small weber gas bbq that goes with the trailer, is there anything that needs to be included, jeff

Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #59
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Yum Yum, chokes, My mouth is watering. Hope some are left, we won't be getting to camp until Fri sometime. Will be more then happy to contribute to the choke fund. We are planning to start out Thurs. sometime from Seaside and spend Thurs. night on the road. Our kitchen is still in stage 1(all torn out) so this weekend should be fun fun fun. Our cabinet man is on a bigger job and can't get to us, so it's just Glenn, I and a jigsaw . all I'm hoping for is a sink and stove that work and something to hold them up. Wish us luck! Teresa
Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #60
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Update: I spoke with the farm/park owners today. They have ordered 2 port-o-lets to be delivered next thursday AM. If you are coming in before that and are without facilities.... try not to drink much.

The ten day forcast looks great (crossing fingers)!

We still need some food donations - see full list in post 16.

Friday - we need condiments for brats, another desert or 2, a few more sides.

Saturday - we still need munchies!

Sunday AM - we need a few volunteers to fire up their ovens and bake some cinnamon rolls or similar. I highly recommend the frozen Rhodes ones, let em rise overnight on counter or not and bake - they even come in a disposable pan!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 05-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #61
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Announcing the second annual Tin Foil Hat Contest!

This year at Area 33.

Keeping with NW tradition, entries to the contest will be entertained between the merlot hour and dinner on Saturday night.

Judges are excused from scullery duty and all judging decisions are final. This year, no judges will be accepting bribes prior to the commencement of the contest.

Contest Rules:
4. You must supply your own foil and head.

Visit these sites for inspiration and reference info as well as proper hat construction methods. Turn up your speakers.

Pictures of past years winner can be found here and please note that the reigning champ will be in attendance.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 05-19-2007, 01:35 AM   #62

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Jim, I'll bring the coffee pot, you bring the coffee!

We'll bring chips and such for munchin. I have a friend with a fantastic salsa recipe, maybe I can get that from her before we leave.

See y'all on Saturday!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #63
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Bend , Oregon
Hi everyone,
Its been along time since our first rally bev beach...2005? We did meet the Kintchers at Mt. Baker rally last summer.
We are getting the GT ready as I write this for next weeekend! Can't wait to join the fun and check out a new area. Hope to arrive Friday sometime.
I'll do condiments for brats on fri. I need to look and see what else you need.
Jerry & Patsi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	troutlakewashington2003.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	37618  
AIR #353
64 Lawncondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:46 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
Janet, responding to the 'chokes' for Thursday nite; sounds great...we love 'em too; I'll bring some butter and fresh lemon for dipping;YUMM O!! If you can, would you bring xtras for us to take home too...we'll pay!
We are ready for this rally.....looking forward to seeing you and Gary again
Carolyn and Loren
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #65
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
Unable to attend

Because I am having staffing problems at work ( two Rangers gone) I can't make it this weekend. Sorry wish I could come but I cant' leave the park understaffed.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #66

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Darn, we'll miss you guys! See you at the next one.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #67
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by campcollector
Because I am having staffing problems at work ( two Rangers gone) I can't make it this weekend. Sorry wish I could come but I cant' leave the park understaffed.
The odds of winning the tin foil hat contest just went up!

AirForums Custom Search
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
These craft were just seen in the Yreka, Ca area. The first vessel was hovering in the back yard. I believe it had mistaken the 63 Bambi and the dismantled 55 Flying Cloud as a wreck of one of their ships. I don't always do the wisest things. However I approached the craft slowly with that courage that has gotten many a cat in trouble. Because of the angle of the sun during the encounter, the sun reflected off of the craft is a series of bright flashes. Standing there somewhat stupefied I began to realize that I was being sent a message in code. It seemed familiar. The Morse code of my Boy Scout days began to reform in my somewhat befuddled mind. And I realized they were asking about Area 33. Soon there were three vessels hovering around me in the pattern of a triangle with me standing in the middle. Once again my blood pressure went up as I realized this as a standard Tritanium pattern of attack. You may ask at this point how did I know that this was a standard Tritanium pattern of attack. That’s another story. At this point the strong flashes began coming from all three ships. My head began to swirl. But I stood my ground. Slowly I became one with the three ships. They had found a way to open my mind and be able to search it for whatever information they wanted. I’d like to think it took them hours to get the information they were looking for … But as you guessed it only took seconds. Then they rose up into the sky about 300 feet stood motionless for just a second. Great flames leaped out of each vessel and they disappeared toward the north in seconds. I must have stood there for some time. Trying to gather my thoughts as to what had just happened. I snapped into reality when Claudia said, “ What are you doing?” I turned slowly and looked at her.

“ Just standing here listening to the birds” I said.

Her eyes glanced for a moment to the sky. She turned and walked away. She had lived with a person with a creative mind for many years now. She often asked me that question, “ Are you Ok?” I’d answer, “Yes”, or with some off the wall comment. The response would tell her that I was Ok. And off she would go to her next duty.

Why didn’t I tell her what had just happened? She’d think it was just one of my goofy stories. The event lingered in my mind for the rest of the day.

I wouldn’t have shared this story with you either. Except for what happened the very next night. I had several dreams. I believe my mind was still trying to translate the brain scan that the visitors had inflicted on me. The dreams came in short shotgun bursts. I’d wake up with a start, stare at the ceiling, wonder what the images in my mind were about, and then fall back asleep. After several events of this nature, I began to realize that “They” were confused by what they were seeing in my mind. (Ok be nice; let me go on with the story.) “They” were unable to understand the difference between things that were real events in my mind and what was a product of my imagination. I now realized that it was this confusion that had brought “Them” to me in the first place. “They” had confused our Bambi and Flying Cloud as downed craft from their fleet. Also their first impression of me was, I was the person who had brought their comrades down. This explained the attack mode they assumed when I was first spotted. During their brain search “They” had now confused my excitement for the upcoming Area 33 Rally as a real event. The collection of several shiny rounded aluminum objects gathered in a secluded mountain area instantly struck them as their missing fleet. It was at this moment that “They” instantly jumped up 300 feet, hovered, great flames jumped from their vessels and they disappeared toward the north. By this time, after several dream sequences.

The first light of morning began to make the windows of my bedroom visible and as I lay there unable to sleep. The same phrase kept running through my mind. Semper Fi, Semper Fi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UFO 1a.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	37741   Click image for larger version

Name:	UFO with flame 2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	37742  

Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #69
4 Rivet Member

2003 19' Bambi
Lincoln City , Oregon
What is that?

Is that a flying water heater?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #70
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Smile

Claudia and I will be following them sometime tomorrow.
Take me to your leader.
Don