Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
The Hen House

2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
If this comes together, I'm in. Love the area! So much history and the scenery is amazing. I've only been one other time and would welcome the chance to visit again.

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Springfield , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Hi,
so here's what I'm thinking... I grew up on a 70 acre farm in Virginia and still have the property. I live about 9 miles from the farm and it's a very very nice place to be in the fall. The leaves are amazing and Charlottesville is 9 miles away which has some great places (like Monticello). The Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive are very close too. The issue is that the farm would have no hook ups.
I think it would be great to host a rally (thinking next fall might be the way to go). I'm wondering what the thoughts are as far as boondocking rallies?

Would people go to one? What would they expect?

I have a film production company and could provide power via a very large rental generator, and I'm sure large portable black tanks could be provided by a port-a-potty vendor. (So this might not be too boondocking:-)

Liability could be covered via a signed legal document for each person attending.

My sister has a catering business and could provide food (not looking to make any money or anything just provide services). There could be bonfires, bands and such. Nice big fields and woods around.

So just looking for feedback here.
Thoughts?
Eric
Hi we live in Springfield, VA and we would definitely be interested. Lots of things to do in that area history and great wine tasting opportunities! We are in just keep us posted.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Wow, this sounds like fun. It may be a little far for us, but it sure sounds like the sort of thing we'd enjoy.

FWIW, we "boondock" at Alabama football games with hundreds of other RVs/trailers. There isn't a need for a huge generator or pump-out services. Almost everyone can manage 3 days. Airstreamers are often the better and more prepared boondockers. My family of 4 can boondock a week but it requires very deliberate bathing ... fresh water is our limiting factor.
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarylarry View Post
I like hookups...chocolate/vanilla.
There always have to be one.....LOL!
WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.”
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Sounds great! We wouldnt need hook-ups either if it's for 4 days or less. Beautiful area. We just drove near that area coming back from Boston and my husband and I were just saying that we needed to spend some time around there to explore.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have not attended any boondocking rallies, yet. However I am looking forward to my first one. I camped in tents for over 50 years without any services at all. Only using what we brought with us. I don't think that I am so spoiled by having an Airstream that I could not go a few days without hookups.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote