Old 11-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
1975 31' Excella 500
Toronto , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to HeirsDreamJJ
sounds good to us too. We might come from Toronto, depending on the dates. It's a great time of year to travel!!!
Jojo and Rick

HeirsDreamJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
Blue Highways Explorer
2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
7,650' , Colorado
I can see it now... a large farm field, a stage, book a few bands, and film it all...

Alumastock - An Aluminum Exposition

This is the strangest life I've ever known - J. Morrison

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB with ProPride
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost V6 Turbo Gasser
mojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
We have attended two RMVAC boondocking rallys as well as other boondocking rallys. Our WBCCI unit has had a boondocking rally in Quartzsite AZ each of the past three years, and will do so again this next January. All were well attended.

We carry a Honda 2000 to run momentary stuff like the microwave and Krups espresso maker. A solar panel, a couple of battery powered lamps, and a little conservation take care of our electrical needs.
Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
Nellysford , Virginia
Your plan sounds like a winner. Linda and I would be glad to help in any way you feel would benefit the event. We went to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this year and found the "pump out" service to work very well for tank clearing. Most of us with two tanks and two batteries can dry camp for several days in the Virginia Fall, when we don't have to run the A/C to keep sane. Let's Go For It.
Greg and Linda Heuer
'99 Excella 30 w/HAHA - The Silver Otter
'08 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6 DuraMax
TAC VA-18 | WBCCI 1927 - Unit 149 | AIR 53869
Silver Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member
1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Well I think it may have to be a spring thing! The ol Safari is just now getting gutted! I wanted to test the waters, and it seems like people would be interested! I live in town but my mother still lives on the farm and it takes a while to get her excited about things (you know how moms are:-), so I figure if I start telling her about it now I can get this thing together in the spring or summer if things don't get too crazy with work! Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:42 AM   #20
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I know my family would love to come to a boon docking rally. Please keep us posted as to the status...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #21
The Hen House
2011 23' International
Grand Blanc , Michigan
If this comes together, I'm in. Love the area! So much history and the scenery is amazing. I've only been one other time and would welcome the chance to visit again.
Life and Times on Kupiec Farms

Mellen60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
2011 28' International
Springfield , Virginia
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
so here's what I'm thinking... I grew up on a 70 acre farm in Virginia and still have the property. I live about 9 miles from the farm and it's a very very nice place to be in the fall. The leaves are amazing and Charlottesville is 9 miles away which has some great places (like Monticello). The Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive are very close too. The issue is that the farm would have no hook ups.
I think it would be great to host a rally (thinking next fall might be the way to go). I'm wondering what the thoughts are as far as boondocking rallies?

Would people go to one? What would they expect?

I have a film production company and could provide power via a very large rental generator, and I'm sure large portable black tanks could be provided by a port-a-potty vendor. (So this might not be too boondocking:-)

Liability could be covered via a signed legal document for each person attending.

My sister has a catering business and could provide food (not looking to make any money or anything just provide services). There could be bonfires, bands and such. Nice big fields and woods around.

So just looking for feedback here.
Hi we live in Springfield, VA and we would definitely be interested. Lots of things to do in that area history and great wine tasting opportunities! We are in just keep us posted.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Wow, this sounds like fun. It may be a little far for us, but it sure sounds like the sort of thing we'd enjoy.

FWIW, we "boondock" at Alabama football games with hundreds of other RVs/trailers. There isn't a need for a huge generator or pump-out services. Almost everyone can manage 3 days. Airstreamers are often the better and more prepared boondockers. My family of 4 can boondock a week but it requires very deliberate bathing ... fresh water is our limiting factor.
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Originally Posted by scarylarry View Post
I like hookups...chocolate/vanilla.
There always have to be one.....LOL!
WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
“I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.”
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member
2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Sounds great! We wouldnt need hook-ups either if it's for 4 days or less. Beautiful area. We just drove near that area coming back from Boston and my husband and I were just saying that we needed to spend some time around there to explore.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #26
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have not attended any boondocking rallies, yet. However I am looking forward to my first one. I camped in tents for over 50 years without any services at all. Only using what we brought with us. I don't think that I am so spoiled by having an Airstream that I could not go a few days without hookups.

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote