View Poll Results: Where would you like to go for our April Rally?
Wenatchee Confluence State Park 5 71.43%
Lincoln Rock State Park 1 14.29%
Fort Warden State Park 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
April 21-23 Great Northwest Getaway

Iím one of those people who canít just pick a place to go, I need inputÖ.what if they donít like the place I pick? So I thought I would post some rally ideas and see which one you choose. The weekend that looks best for the Uberlanders and the 3Ms75Argosy is April 21-23. The idea is to pick a place that will be within 3 hours of us, for some of you that might mean 8 hours for you, but I know you are in for an adventure. Hey, you might even lose a door to your trailer on the way!

Here are the options:

Wenatchee Confluence State Park-
This campground is right on the edge of town but sits right on the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers. This park is fairly open, a few trees in the camping area, but most of the trees are along the parameter. The great thing about this park is that it sits on the edge of two trails, the Loop Trail and the Estuary trail. The loop trail circles the Columbia River, goes through a variety of terrains and two bridges. The trail is 12 km long. The Estuary is a beautiful wooded and open pond area with a few miles of trails. Here you can see a variety of bird and mammal life. You really feel like you are out there, but you are right on the edge of town. You can also kayak both in the river and through the estuary. Donít forget you are also just minutes away from Leavenworth. Thatís right people, you are minutes from the German Disneyland of Accordian players and Leiderhosen. Did somebody say Weinerschnitzle?

Lincoln Rock State Park- This park is seven miles up river from E. Wenatchee. This park offers a bit more seclusion and has acres of water to splishy splashy in. You could also kayak in the protected bay right next to the park. And you are still just minutes away from Leavenworth! Sauerkraut anyone?

And then there is something completely different. We discovered this while exploring Port Townsend this weekend.

Fort Worden State Park- This campground is open and flat but is surrounded by great views. There is a Marine Science Center right there, as well as a Natural History Exhibit. You can walk the beach and find beach glass, cool shells, and agates. There are also 12 miles of trails that lead out from the park. This would also be a great place to kayak. Then you are just a few miles from Port Townsend where you can gallery hop, eat at great restaurants, or go buy a wooden kayak kit from Pygmy Boats, Inc.

So please vote to let me know where you would like to go; I have it set for 10 days to vote. Also you comments or suggestions will be much appreciated. When we reach an agreement, I can make reservations and I will post a listing on the rally calendar, and Chris.....can I borrow the wagonmaster hat?

Kathleen

1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Oh man! We're doing a play that weekend, so we're busy the weekends before and after as well. They all sound like great places to do it, have fun you guys!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Lwts Do It

Janet and I are in. Lets do it.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
All three sound good. I hope we can make this one!
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
I think we'll be able to make it........

....depends on when we're back headed back to the midwest to help my inlaws move into a retirement home......so time will tell.
We're excited about doing something in Central WA, since we did the Port Townsend area last Sept.. We're inclined to be in favor of WCSP, but we're open to either one. What's the average high/low temps in that area during the rally? The proximity to Leavenworth is also a plus to do a little shopping. Also hope to purchase some kayaks by then........hope there's a place for beginners!
So Kathleen.....this is almost in your back yard.....right? And you're still working on your Masters coursework? Hope this isn't an intrusion on your studies!

BTW......nice article on you in the ASF newsletter! You're doing a great job on the Rally Calendar too! Thanks!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Yes, this is almost in our backyard, but it will be fun to be just down the street with you all. My masters is still in full swing, but if I plan ahead, I can take a weekend off.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #7
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Count us in!

For us, it's a wash between long drive & gas money, or a short drive and ferry money, so it doesn't matter where we go. Just looking forward to going camping!
Old 03-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Average temps for Wenatchee that time of year is 50's for lows and 60's-70's for highs. The other thing is wind....it could be really windy at the park or it could be calm. But it should be mostly sunny.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Count me in

I voted for Lincoln Rock. I could bring my canoe or bribe Theo to tow my ski boat up there. I can get Friday off so its all good.

Chris
Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Kathleen, I will turn over the wagonmaster hat to you !

Enjoy , Chris
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #11

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm guessing Chris will be HAPPY to get rid of that $%^& hat!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Bump

Well I think I may have found the perfect wagonmaster hat.

Not too many votes for a place yet. Thought I'd give 'er a bump !

Chris
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #13
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Good hat. I don't care where we go - just that we go!

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Geez......I didn't realize there was so much talk going on about this rally......I admit I've been readin' the "name change" thread.....so this is a pleasant change from all the banter about AOAI. I voted for the WCSP CG.....but would accept the Lincoln Rock SP. I will be missing our Western Oregon Unit rally in Salem at Phoenix RV (whoop-te-do) during that weekend. I figure I'll be spending a week in Salem taking in the Intntl....so no bigee. I still don't know for sure what or when we'll be doing for my inlaws.....but should know within a week as Cheryl is back in Kansas doing some prep work toward the move to their retirement home.
Kathleen.........What area did you vote for? I know we've been pretty spoiled having the rallies so close at Bev Beach and South Beach........and we weren't even the "wagonmasters"..........so you're due to have something close to you! Sounds like the temps are tolerable at that time.....and hopefully we can draw some WA and BC forums members to add to our circle of friends. We may have to bump this thread several times to keep it in the "newer threads" section........I think this works great to get people's interest!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote