Old 04-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #729
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Pig named Tranny, or a Pig for a Tranny

1st. Thanks for all the calls and offers for assistance to help salvage our weekend with you folks. It kept our spirits up while sitting on the side of the road.
A whole pie would have not done as much.

2nd. We are grieving over our no-show. This was our first rally & the opportunity to see so many of you in person was a lot to look forward to. But, we were there with a failing transmission and had to make the best decision we could. You cannot imagine how hard it was to turn back. And you cannot imagine how much STUFF we had loaded in the Airstream & truck. Smokers & grills of all kinds to thrill the boys. Lots of blankets to keep Blanchie from killing me if I scratched the new flooring. Coolers of every size holding 105 lb. “Tranny” the pig, 3 briskets, chicken wings and thighs, ribs, tons of charcoal, tables & kitchen hardware, etc. It was a bit overwhelming to be stuck on the side of an interstate with such holdings.

We had to make a decision and with the immediate assistance of an Airstream friend the trailer was quickly on the way back home and that was a blessing. Our towing for the day was over. (Thank you Harvey E.)
The nearest Ford dealer did not have a transmission tech on duty so Monday was their plan. The next was full for the day so Monday again. The Macon dealer will see us tomorrow but no serious work until Monday. After 93,000 trouble-free miles and a transmission service just 2 months ago we are disappointed in the timing of our mechanical failure.

Our Ingles grocery store was wonderful. The pig is in their freezer to keep until next week when we cook in Barnesville, GA for their annual event. If any of you are near and want to visit there will be lots of BBQ. We will be continuing to regret that this not so little piggy was supposed to be a Springstream treat.

Have fun. Fill in the gaps we have created. After all, you may have not liked my cooking...

And thanks for the love,
Martin & Blanche

ps pics.

The new rotesserie that will have to wait until Fall.
Breaking up is hard to do when on the way to a rally.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PigInABasket.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	35917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Separation~04.20.07.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	35918  

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 PM   #730
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Yes, we are disappointed not to meet up with you .... and the pig, not to mention all the other stuff you had prepared to show us how to bbq. We're al just glad it has not gone to waste.
We'll miss you this weekend. We're all settling in for the night... late arrivals setting up as we write.
Perhaps next time we'll have a chance to meet face to face.

Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:46 AM   #731
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Weekend update.....

Susan and I just wanted to say "thanks" to all our new-found friends for a wonderful afternoon yesterday. It was a long drive for only a few short hours' visit, but it was well worth it. What a lot of nice Airstreams and Airstreamers!

I wanted to post a few early pics of the people and places, but I'm having camera "issues". I'll try to sort it out tonight.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Jim & Susan

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 AM   #732
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Martin, I'm so sorry about the tranny problems. We were really looking forward to meeting you and Blanche. At least the feast you were planning will go to good use next weekend.

Jim & Susan

Air No. 6427
Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #733
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
2000 39' Land Yacht XL Diesel w/slide
Crossville , Tennessee
Thanks for stopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
Susan and I just wanted to say "thanks" to all our new-found friends for a wonderful afternoon yesterday. It was a long drive for only a few short hours' visit, but it was well worth it. What a lot of nice Airstreams and Airstreamers!

Have a great weekend everybody.

Jim & Susan
Jim and Susan,
Thank you so much for stopping by to see me yesterday- I want so badly to go to Hiawassee to meet the others but the 3 members of the forum who came by sure made it better!
Enjoy your day today,I'm sure you are very proud of your daughters accomplishments.
WBCCI #6673 jerry Hodge
Have no intention of arriving at the grave safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,throttle in the other, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!"
steelbird312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #734
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Like the others I am sorry not to have been able to meet you and learn from your vast store of knowledge. Maybe in the fall we can meet you at the fall rally. In the mean time, if you need any help to defray the cost of the pig, not the transmission, PM me and I'll be glad to help. The transmission will have to be on Ford's nickle.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:26 PM   #735
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Goes for me ,too, Martin. I agreed to help defray the cost of El Porko. If you still need it, I'll be happy to buy ya' lunch some day in the near future and make the monetary "exchange".

Jim

Air No. 6427
Old 04-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #736
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
'Mate, I think we passed y'all as we were leaving the campground last night (about 8:30). Big ol' Ford F250 pullin' a newish ~30 footer? Really wanted to meet you guys, but had to get back home. See you in the fall.

Jim & Susan

Air No. 6427
Old 04-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #737
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
The pig is only worth eating. The friendship is priceless.

Your thoughtfulness is more than enough.

Whenever an event is within a short drive of Forsyth, it has been our custom to provide a Friday night BBQ dinner before I have to get busy with the competition on Sat. With a BBQ loving congregation of Presbyterians, neighbors, family & community, there will be plenty of happy diners next weekend.
I just hope the F250 is repaired. Cell phones will be ringing if I don't have anything to tow with by Thursday. We will use the Airstream for comfort all next weekend and another trailer full of cookers & equipment.

I know everyone is enjoying the weather in Hiawassee.
What a great weekend.
Blanchie cut the grass while I unloaded the 'stream.

We will be looking forward to seeing all the photos that I know everyone is taking.

Our wish is that every family has a safe & enjoyable trip home.
Countdown to the Fall rally starts Monday.

em.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:58 AM   #738
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
A Pirate Looks at Springstream

Quoting from Mr. Buffett himself, "The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
We're happy to be able to stay, "one more day."
We met a dog named Buffett, heard a song from our intrepid troupadores originally sung by Buffett, and we're experiencing the weather, fun and comraderie that would make anyone sing. Oh, and the pot luck dinner was anything but pot luck!
Springstream 07 has been a great success.
We're saying so long to some new found friends and look forward to returning perhaps again in the fall.
If you missed this one I can say as a first time rally attendee that this is a great time not to be missed if you can make it again.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #739
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Marshall , North Carolina
We're almost home, 30 miles to go, but just a short note to all- Great time, excellent food, superb music and a lot learned. Thanks for the encouragement Jim, good to meet you and Susan, as well as everyone else there. Martin, sorry you had problems, but we got your site so it didn't go to waste! Everyone have a safe trip home and look forward to the next time. Should get some pics up next week when time permits. Best to all of you, Hank, Terry and Sammy Joe!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #740
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
A great time was had by all I believe! Our trip was wonderful, weather was picture perfect, loads of very cool aluminum ( wow!! for more than a few of those units)
The tour of homes was a great time...the dinner amazingly good, and the music, well I will leave that to you all. The shooting stars last night capped it all off....For me it was plain and simple FUN.

My Excursion v10 ran like a top, and the trailer was a joy.
We hated to leave! Please check out yahoo groups Georgia Airsteam Campers and we can get the next one going.
Pizzachop and I are trying to do a July "after the 4th" trip to Lake Russell in Ga nr the SC border.

gaairstreamcampers : Georgia Airstream Campers

Alan, Shannon, Jason and Dega the wonderdog
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:37 PM   #741
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
We just got in and unloaded a couple of hours ago. Martin and Blanche, I'm so sorry about your tranny troubles and missing the rally. For sure we'll plan to see you next time around.

The rally was right on, Mom had a wonderful time, I really enjoyed seeing old friends and getting acquainted with new ones. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again at the Pigeon Forge rally in May. Hey LI Pets Bob, guess what, I remembered to take down my awning. Watch for the bears in Elkmont!

Clancy Boy, I never could get my browser to load. I know I promised pics during the rally, but all efforts met a dead end. At least we know you were rallying in spirit out there at sea. We missed you and Tina. I'm exhausted, so I'll post some rally pics tomorrow.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM   #742
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Thank you ALL, SOOO MUCH!!!

Speaking for the entire Camperski group, brazinkj (mom), magooha ( Connie and Gator)....we had a blast. The kids are all in bed, the Overlander, Spartan, and Safari are tucked in, and we are flooded with great memories and the meeting of wonderful people that put together the best "un"-organized event I've ever seen, heard and tasted. It was so good to meet each of you, learn from you, tour your rigs....I'm on an aluminum rush! Luke bounced out of bed at 6 as usual for me to get breakfast started this morning, I looked at Tammy and said, "if laughter is the best medicine,.....I'm cured for a long time!" Alan..Thankyou!...Oh yeah, Scott wants to try and get my Spartanette done for the next rally, whew!

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote