Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #561
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Hi All,

This is Tina and I am here in Mississippi while Mike is off on another trip to Japan. Just wanted to say Hi and I sure to wish we were able to make the Spring rally with yall. We both have Airstream camping fever and have a trip planned as soon as he gets home in June. Hopefully we will see some of yall again at the next fall rally in GA, or Can Opener in FL.
Have FUN!

clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #562
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Hey Tina

Tell Mike We we say hello and Breanna says hello to you to.We also will see a lot of you all at the fall rally and hopefully at the Can Opener as well.
Pizzachop...The Airstream turned out really great.Isnt it amazing what a set of new rims can do to the look of an older Airstream?It looks like it just came off the lot.Great work.Now you have to show us what you have done with the rest of the interior So please do post a bunch of pics.Hopefully I will see you again when the fall rally comes about.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #563
Rivet Master

Kiln , Mississippi
Cruising through.....

Hey Ya'll, I can check myself - the modern age of satellite internet and unlimited government resources - before I get flack we ride on the signal that sends the data back so the link is up all the time and we use just a fraction of the bandwidth for "free".

Hope everyone has fun - post lots of pictures real time so I can rally here aboard ship and join you.

Mike
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 PM   #564
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
Hi All,

This is Tina and I am here in Mississippi while Mike is off on another trip to Japan. Just wanted to say Hi and I sure to wish we were able to make the Spring rally with yall. We both have Airstream camping fever and have a trip planned as soon as he gets home in June. Hopefully we will see some of yall again at the next fall rally in GA, or Can Opener in FL.
Have FUN!
Hey Tina, if you can hitch up Desi or Lucille and get to the Springstream, I'll help you get set up.
You know we'll miss you. Mom will certainly miss your visits and seeing Daisy. You take care and hopefully we'll see you soon, for sure at the Fall rally and the Can Opener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy
Hey Ya'll, I can check myself - the modern age of satellite internet and unlimited government resources - before I get flack we ride on the signal that sends the data back so the link is up all the time and we use just a fraction of the bandwidth for "free".

Hope everyone has fun - post lots of pictures real time so I can rally here aboard ship and join you.

Mike
Mike, I'll find Chatuge's WiFi hotspot and we'll be in touch. Even if y'all can't be here in person, I'm sure there will be a way for you to join in the fun. Here's to "free" bandwidth and wishing you smooth sailing seas .

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #565
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
glad it is only a few weeks away!! Tis is going to be another fun time I know.
It will be soooo good to see Ron and Brenda's Soveriegn out there along with Kathys and ours.
So only 378 a piece for those axles?? I thought they would be a lot more than that. I am hoping mine will be fine for our Virginia Beach, and NC Outer Banks run in June.
At this point I will be checking brakes an grease on the bearings between now and June. Glad to say that my V10 Excursion is a tow monster...it pulls that 31 like its a Bambi.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #566
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Anderson , South Carolina
report from the outside

Hey all the first tow of the season has gone well. Want to get some opinions on a TV problem but that can wait until springstream. Trailer towed great, still need to get the AC looked at, it conked out on us the other night. Wish the pollen count in Charleston was a little less I am feeling sluggish. Camperski we had great plans to be in NC tomorrow to work on our Spartan but allergies and a change in the final goal for the trailer are changing the plans. Guess it will have to be a weekend project going forward. Can't wait to see you all again and catch up face to face.
"We've got PBS minds in a MTV world" J.B.
GoNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #567
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaChop
It was exactly two years ago that we attended the 2005 Spring Rally at Georgia Mountain Fair campground with our '72 Overlander (which was pretty cramped). I announced at the rally that I had just purchased on ebay a '73 Sovereign and would be picking it up the following week, and hopefully have it ready to camp for the summer. (Or at least in time for the fall '05 Rally) It would be the ultimate bunkhouse and fit our growing family's needs.

Well, it turned out to be a little more involved than I had anticipated (isn't that always the case?) and we brought our '72 Overlander to the fall rally and that was the last time we camped as a family. (We sold the Overlander in spring '06)

It has been a long, drawn out ordeal but I think we're going to make it this time. I have a few more things to finish inside but the new axles and wheels are now installed. (A pictorial for anyone interested is in my member's photos.)

Below is a picture of the Sovereign the day I picked it up in N.C. two years ago and a picture of it taken today with the new axles and wheels on.

Yes, I'm finally excited! Looking forward to seeing all the old friends and making some new ones.

Wow. No, make that WOW!
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:17 PM   #568
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
Pollen is whipping us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan
Hey all the first tow of the season has gone well. Want to get some opinions on a TV problem but that can wait until springstream. Trailer towed great, still need to get the AC looked at, it conked out on us the other night. Wish the pollen count in Charleston was a little less I am feeling sluggish. Camperski we had great plans to be in NC tomorrow to work on our Spartan but allergies and a change in the final goal for the trailer are changing the plans. Guess it will have to be a weekend project going forward. Can't wait to see you all again and catch up face to face.
But we're hitched and headed for Stone mtn in the a.m.!!!!! We'll dye eggs there.

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM   #569
JVW
1 Rivet Member

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
BRANDON , Mississippi
hiawassee

We had a great time at Topsail . We have made reservations for Apr. 18th thru Apr. 22nd. Site # A40 Looking forward to visiting with everyone.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:25 PM   #570
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Glad you will be attending, JVW.
Wouldn't it be cool if the "A" section of the campground is covered in silver too. Between the lake and the aluminum, the reflection would be blinding!

There's still time to register.

BTW, any of you that haven't done so yet, please visit this forum page and click on the "I will be attending this event" link near the bottom of the attendance roster.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #571
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
Marshall , North Carolina
Yes, Sugarfoot, that would be good! Guess we started something in "A".
JVW, Our old Overlander will be in on Friday (A44) and look forward to meeting you all. Hank and Terry
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #572
Rivet Master

Kiln , Mississippi
Sugarfoot, Thanks for the offer to help set up...wish I could but gotta finish up physical therapy for my shoulder No biggie, just bothersome. Tell Mom hello from Me and Daisy. And Devoman, tell that Ms Breanna Hi too
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #573
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
More Attendees Added
39 Units as of APRIL 4...

Streamin' Guy
WharfRats B1
open- B6
Nvestysly B11
Phil & Sue B12
Emmpresley B13
Nilesrob B14

Minnie's Mate C1
GlenCoombe C2
Davidalan C4
Lipets C5
Sugarfoot C6
R&SZinser C7
KPosey C8
PhilGobie C9
Alansd C10
Starflyte1 C3

Raptorron D1
Dawgfan D3
Big Al D9
Whitmire group D13,15,17 (Camperski)
Spartan D11
Magooha D19

TJ E1
TJs brother E2
Dstock E5
Lewis E7

Desidou F1
Kneal F2
DAVID Z-71 F4
Ron& Brenda and kids ( pizzachop) F6
A-Merry-can F8
cmadmaxman F5

Tinker Toy
Todd Coleman

Hank A A44
Tsunami A45
JVW A40
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #574
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Talking Head 'em Up - Move 'em Out

Got the Moho out of the paint shop and it came out pretty good. Doing all that stuff you gotta do to take a trip. Still a lot of detail work to do but that could take some time - Like to putter.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR NAME TAGS!!!!

Boccie ball rules attached.

I'm getting pumped up -

FOOD!!!