camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 PM   #310
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Fav movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
It's hard to beat some of the older stuff such as Steve McQueen in Bullet. The muscle car chase is top shelf. To Kill a Mocking bird is a movie that everyone should see at least once. What is your favorite old movie?
North by Northwest, Alfred Hitchcock.

Silver Streak,

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid,

The Sting,

It's A Wonderful Life,

There's Something About Mary

Regarding Henry

'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #311
WBCCI 11067 WDCU

1986 25' Sovereign
Atlanta , Georgia
Alan, I am not new to Airstreams but have never attended a rally. This is near us in Atlanta and the crowd seems to really enjoy these. Can you tell me what the primary differences are between a forum rally and a WCCBI rally. Please note we are a 40's something couple with 2 young children (3 and 1) and I am trying to find something they might enjoy.

Thanks,
Chris
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500
2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
ckeysor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #312
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeysor
Alan, I am not new to Airstreams but have never attended a rally. This is near us in Atlanta and the crowd seems to really enjoy these. Can you tell me what the primary differences are between a forum rally and a WCCBI rally. Please note we are a 40's something couple with 2 young children (3 and 1) and I am trying to find something they might enjoy.

Thanks,
Chris
Come and check us out. The cost is minimal and the fun is boundless. We will have our two boys there. We are a mid 40's couple and we really enjoy the folks that attend these forum rallies. The ages range from 20 somethings to, well, seniors and everything in between. There will be couples with kids and singles without. There will even be singles with borrowed kids!

The difference between forum rallies and WBCCI rallies, is that there are no formal agendas at the forum rallies. You participate in what you want and visit with those you want to visit with. You are pretty much there to do what you want with a bunch of like-minded folks in Airstreams (there will be motorhomes and maybe an Argosy or two).

In short, it's a casual, laid back group of folks enjoying camping in their Airstreams with other folks in their Airstreams. The common denominator is the Airstream.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #313
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Senior " a person some 20 years older than ones self " I havn't noticed any seniors at the flourm rallys. Just in Walmart parking lots.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #314
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
Senior " a person some 20 years older than ones self " I havn't noticed any seniors at the flourm rallys. Just in Walmart parking lots.
Perhaps I was overestimating the age of some of the participants at past rallies. Sorry folks.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #315
Rivet Master

1990 25' Airstream 250
Altoona , Georgia
Question What day is it?

No - you got it right - we (seniors) just would rather be on the 20 year old side of the range. Part of the pleasure for a senior is just watching the younger folks and the children who come to these rallies. A really great group of people.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #316
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Chris,
These "informal" rallys are so much fun we're coming all the way from Canada for this one.
'Nuff said.
Al
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #317
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,
There are a number of participants with young children. These north GA. rallys are really informal where you can meet new people, compare different Airstream models from vintage '50's to brand new, discuss improvements owners have made on their trailers and then just get involved with different activities that go on during the rally. The pot luck dinner is far from pot luck. You can't eat better in a restaurant! There are a number of musically inclined members who entertain the rest of us who were not blessed with this gift. Other activities may include details of a brake job on an Airstream Motorhome (done at one rally), polishing demonstration, and even one member mentioned in an earlier post about barbeque tips and techniques. Some rallys have included hiking through trails, looking at the local sights, canoeing and even fishing.

You can get as involved as you want or just partake in a few activities. I've never been to a WBCCI rally but from what I have gathered, they are more formal and I can do without that. I go to the rally to relax, talk to people I have met at previous rallys and meet new individuals who decide to come out and have a good time. I am not required to be any place at any time but wish to see what activities the participants put together. Oh, I love to eat so there is no way I will miss the dinner!

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #318
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
Quote:

Thanks,
Chris
Chris,

We are a 40's something couple... oh, that's right, that was 10 something years ago. Nevermind. We will have our 13 yr old son with us - our 17 year old daughter would rather stick pins in hers eyes than be seen with us. You too will get to know these joys.

These rallies are a hoot. In fact, this will be our 3rd rally within the last year - couldn't speak highly enough about the fun events, great food and camaraderie.

I feel compelled to warn you - there is this one guy south of you with a pig roast that we are worried about - he doesn't seem too stable. Other than that, the rest of us are fairly tightly wired.

We are nearby - in east Cobb, so if you want to ping us for more info please do. And please come!
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #319
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
40 somethings with kids

Quote:

Thanks,
Chris
We have 4 - forty something couples with 2 kids each ages 2-10 and 2 seniors couples heading to our first rally...its close enough..and sounds like we're going to have fun!

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:27 AM   #320
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
Chris! what will it take?

Well Chris, if we have failed to convince,
maybe staying home to change your oil
will make more sense.
What a shame! you’ll miss Brad’s class,
“How to Recyle Aluminum Foil”

But if you decide to make the call,
we just hope you aren’t too late.
We’re talking right NOW not next fall;
and it may take a bribe to land a good space.

Oh by the way, I read the phoo
about a guy just a little further south
that may be short a rivet or two!
The one who said that will be the first one you see…
with a BBQ'd Rib in his mouth.

Still not sure what to do?
Well, think about it…..

Do you really want to give up all the party favors
and miss em’s tips: How to Make it with a Grill
and Cook Better than your Neighbors. (?)

em.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #321
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
They have said it for the most part. I have a 14 yr old who will come. The main thing we have found is in GA anyway, the kids and dogs don't do well at the WBCCI Rallies. The crowd is mostly older, and the schedule is quite tight.
Ours were started five years ago, to be loose, fun .etertaining and informative. we have almost no schedule. We do ask those that want to participate to pen up their Airstreams for a "tour of homes" IF they want to I reiterate..just to share decorating and remodeling ideas. Plus we all love to see everyone elses floorplans. We have the get together shared dinner Saturday night, and ongoing how to do this and that.
As this rally we will have a barbecue demo by Martin, a competitive barbecuer ( is that a word?), and a music jam by some of us who were pro musicians at one time or another.
There will be lots of kids, dogs, maybe even cats, but all in all it makles you glad to be outdoors and sharing with a nice group of aluminm crazed folks.
By the way our first Rally had 7 attendees, last one had nearly 100 ( 40 units) .
No dues, no rules,no nothin'
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #322
Addicted to Aluminum

1959 18' "Footer"
1964 24' Tradewind
1954 29' Liner