Old 01-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #169
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
Burt and I will be more than happy to share any of the costs involved. We have C-3, and are really looking forward to the get together.

Pat

Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Post Jammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
anyone play BASS? I have loads of fun tunes we can jam on, but need a bass and some percussion.
Yeah, who can play bass? Who has one that can be brought, even if you don't play? My bass-player's living in California now.

And I sold my drums...sorry.

But, I plan on coming with both of my guitars (and amp), and mic with stand & cables. I have and plan to bring two decorated gourd rattles to allow others to add some percussion.

"There's a lot to be said about conviction
You live the Golden Rule with God on your side.
But don't forget another Code of Living,
It’s the Aluminum Rule: Thou shalt enjoy the ride "

'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #171
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil and/or Sue
Nice idea! I assume that you mean the Epiphone Trailer Park Troubadour Airscreamer guitar. I almost bought one, but it was a bit too pricey for the quality. List was just under $1,000, I was offered it for 40% off at the time. The dealer actually ordered one in, and I went in and played it (after he expertly "demoed" it for about 10 minutes). I felt that it would be a good guitar for about $300. Here is a picture of it.

From the advertisement:
The Trailer Park Troubadours have graced more covers of Rolling Home magazine than any other celebrity. And now, these Sons of Hitches have their very own signature Epiphone guitar - the NEW AirScreamer! Officially licensed and endorsed by Airstream, this one-of-a-kind, Limited Edition guitar brings the trailer park lifestyle to you! Includes custom gigbag!
This was the one I was thinking about; I had it in mind to go with the Springsteen vs. Springstream connotation. However, I'm good with the graphics on the first page if we all agree on it.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #172
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Spoons Anyone?

TW, a friend that is coming, plays the spoons. Does that count? I'll ask her to bring her silver spoons!

I like the T-shirt design. Can we get a color other than white?
Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #173
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hello,
My wife and I will be in Nashville on the 28th of April so that she can participate in the Country Music Marathon. Reading all your posts we have decided that we will join you for the rally.
I'll be calling for a campsite tomorrow.
Al and Jean,
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada
Old 01-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #174
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Info,
Since so many of you folks are from near Nashville could you give me a suggestion for a nice campground near Nashville.
Thanks,
Al
Old 01-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
there are State parks near there that are nice, but also a KOA right outside of town..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #176
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
News from the Whole Hog scene

With a little luck I think those who "begged" for a real pig cooking will get their wish.

The Cooker:
I called the campground and spoke with Hilda, the Gen. Mang.
Please remember this lady’s name because, if we do this pig cooking, we will want to send her a lot of Thank You cards.
I told Hilda what we wanted to do and asked if she could help us find a mobile cooker suitable for cooking a whole hog. Turns out she has one that was built by her late husband and she occasionally let’s friends and local churches use it. She also provided the name of a friend who will help us with firewood & bringing the cooker from Hilda’s over to Area2.
It is not going to win any beauty contests & if we don’t care that it is covered in a nice patina of rust we have a cooker without a lot of trouble.

The Victim:
If there are forum members planning to attend that have or know of a local meat supplier, we will need to order a “fresh” pig in the 100 lb. weight range. The pig’s weight can increase as the number of attendees grows.
I called a supplier in Blairsville but their prices ($3.00 / lb.) were crazy.
Our local supplier in Macon, GA is quoting $1.60 / lb. If we can’t find something there at a reasonable price; I will order the pig and haul in the truck.
Anyone who thinks they have a source or a brother-in-law who deals in swine, just PM me and we will work on the details.
Speaking of Brother-in-Laws, we will need a few volunteers to help with keeping the fire going all day Sat. Surely you didn't think the pig was going to cook itself!

BBQ Cooking Presentation (more victims):
As we coast along during the next 10 or 11 weeks we can work on an informal list of those who plan to attend. An exact number is not important but knowing if there will be 10, 20 or even 30 participants will make a difference in the preparation and any take home materials I provide.

More as it develops …..

em.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hilda's Grill~rs.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	31311  

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #177
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Here's Hoping the Smoker Works Out!

empresley,

Great job on locating a potential smoker. Here's hoping the details come together. I'll certainly help with stoking the fire box. Danielle and I are arriving on Thursday evening so we can help with last minute details on Friday if needed. We've never been involved with roasting a whole pig so this will be a learning experience for sure. As I said before - we never ate BBQ that we didn't like!

I'm not a songwriter so I'm hoping one of you out there can put together some lyrics for this whole camping, singing, movie watching, canoe paddling, visiting, pig roasting, aluminum event. Feel free to use the bluesy tag line below.

This is gonna be a great rally!

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #178
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
Info,
Since so many of you folks are from near Nashville could you give me a suggestion for a nice campground near Nashville.
Thanks,
Al
BigAl, really glad that you have a chance to make it! Welcome!

As Alan said, there is a KOA campground right near the Grand Ole Opry. Here is the link http://www.koa.com/where/tn/42148/.

There are other state parks and private campgrounds not too far away, but someone closer (and with more camping experience) will have to make suggestions. I stayed at the I-24 Campground once Welcome to Nashville I 24 Campground

You did not indicate, but will you (or y'all as some people say here) be bringing an instrument or two? Hope so. See you then.
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #179
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly
empresley,

Great job on locating a potential smoker. Here's hoping the details come together. I'll certainly help with stoking the fire box. . . . Lucius
This is what I get for just picking up at the last post . . . first thing pops into my head was the Marlboro man and if he needs a fire box he must be chain smoking.

I'll chip in for the Pavillion too. ColdEspresso, it will be great to see you and Kelly again. I haven't had a good espresso since October last, Starbucks doesn't even compare. You've spoiled me for all others.

More and more are signing up, its still January. This will be bigger and better than ever.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:27 PM   #180
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
We Have a Bass Player

Alan,

I play bass and have a 5 string Yamaha and amp. I've also got a mic and amplifier (1962 Gibson Recording) which can be used for guitar as well as vocals. I've even got a cheesy Roland drum machine.

We will be in F6.
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #181
Silver Mist

1977 31' Sovereign
Riverhead , New York
I offered a T-shirt deal for the Fla Can Opener, we couldn't get enough commitments to make the min order of 75 shirts.

These are first quaility not cheap stuff from overseas.

I was offerring these at the manufacturers cost of about $7.50 each I'm not making any profit.

If there's any interest lets hear from you.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #182
4 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Pickens , South Carolina
ok, this is getting too good...can we move the date forward? I'm in for help with the pavillion...hard to know what we're cooking tommorrow night yet, but we'll be bringing something....at least a guitar will show out of our group, or something stringed...about this polishing demo....please,please,please...t-shirts..i'd bite..which kinda starts a domino thing with our group ... usually, I'll ask as I touch base with them over the next few weeks.

-"just because the monkeys off your back, doesn't mean the circus left town!"

www.pickenscountycampers.com
camperski is offline   Reply With Quote