Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #43
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We'll Get Back To You Thursday

Matt and Beth,

Sounds like the crowd is growing. That's good. The campground is small and I don't think there will be many RVs for this weekend so I don't think we'll have any problems finding each other.

MRHottinger was planning to be there today (Tuesday). Danielle and I will be there after work on Wednesday. I'll be sure to post again before Friday. I like the idea of breakfast - I'm thinking Sunday but we can play it by ear depending on weather and when people are departing.

Dessert sounds good to me. Sometime Saturday will probably work for smoked pork, cole slaw, etc. If it's okay with you we'll decide on that Friday evening when we have a chance to discuss it with the others. I should have smoked two butts. We can always add some hamburgers, hot dogs, casseroles and ?? to make up the difference.

2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Sounds fine! Can't wait.

mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #45
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Davenport , Iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to MRHottinger Send a message via Skype™ to MRHottinger
Did not make Ft Yargo yet...

Well we did not make Ft Yargo on Tuesday as we had sooo many things pop up to interfere and as I type this I see my Airstream sitting outside my office windows still. I thought about moving out there tonight (Wednesday) but will probably just come out Thursday about 1pm. You know you lay a plan out and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Kim has to work and it is all the way up in Toccoa so it will be just me going to the show and Kim will drive from Toccoa to Ft Yargo Friday night and wait for our return. I am going to the office Friday morning but plan to be back at the campground by 1pm or 2pm at the latest and will eat where y'all eat, Red Light Cafe is where the show is and that sounds like as good of a place as any to eat. Looking forward to getting together and seeing the show also.
Mike
1980 31' Excella II
2003 Silverado HD Crew Cab

"We must become the change we want to see."
- Mahatma Gandhi
MRHottinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Shannon and I will be at the show. Not able to camp yet though. Need a lot of little fixes, and 4 tires.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #47
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Gathering Momentum!

Hi Alan and Shannon,

Good to hear from you. I think you'll really enjoy the show. We look forward to seeing you Friday night.

I noticed your signature indicates a "new" trailer and I saw a post from you about gray water tanks. Sounds like you have a new baby! Do you still have the trailer shown in your avatar? That was sure a nice rig. I hope you have both (or is that a curse?).

Lucius
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 09-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I think Alan and Mike share an Avatar Photo!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

1982 34' Limited
1975 31' Sovereign
Grovetown , Georgia
I'll be up around 3 with fire wood.

Just checked the park is Full for the weekend.

I read the reviews of the cafe and the food reviews were bad. I have to drop my son off with my sis and we would love to go eat with everybody.

Saturday we have to find a place to watch some dawgs eat chicken. Breakfasts and supper sounds OK. Let me know.

"Decaffinated coffee is the devil's blend."
GO Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The crowd grows! I don't mind bad food with good beer, good music and great company!
Careful Bob...not too much firewood. It is still summer.

I know we have 2 white boxes and 2 Airstreams there already. With Bob and us...that's 2 more from way over on this side of the state. We have 1 Airstream owning couple joining us at the show...but not camping. Are there others?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #51
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Empresley - Are you Attending? and Other Ramblings

Empresley gave the impression they would be attending the show but not camping. But that was early on. I don't know if their status may have changed.

The campground is filling up but it's not a huge place so it's possible to walk to all the sites. There's a trail and bridge through the woods connecting the two camping loops.

Danielle and I woke up to water heater problems this morning. I had enough hot water to take a shower and get to work. I tried to leave some for Danielle. I guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.

Lucius
Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we have called the Red Light three tiimes and never could get anyone to explain how the tickets work since they have different prices for the opening act, so I guess we will plan on arriving a bit early. ..and see how it goes.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 09-09-2010, 05:29 PM   #53
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Tickets and Parking

Alan,

I found the ticket prices a little confusing too. Apparently you can pay for the early show only. Pay for the late show only. Or pay for both. But I'm not certain about any of that.

From past experiences on Amsterdam Avenue I think parking is going to be a challenge. Particularly for large vehicles. Some of Amsterdam may be valet only on Friday nights. Arriving early is probably a good idea - that way you have time to work out tickets and parking dilemmas.

Lucius
Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #54
4 Rivet Member

1984 34' International
1977 Argosy 24
Central , Georgia
A Generation thing.... and I am in the wrong one.

Started the 61 yr. old rearend-retentive behavior with worrying about wanting tickets and not being able to get tickets. Moved on to seeing how we could achieve advance tickets without paying the $2 merchant fee. The son who lives in Atlanta reminded me of how much gas costs vs. $4 service charge and the pain of driving to Amsterdam. Most significant wasted emotion (worry) was seating and needing to know Exactly what we were buying; front row, middle of the pack, next to the curb side door, next to the kitchen door, etc.
An email had produced the basic “cost” data but hey, this is a concert and the Verb wants to be near the front. So I called the place early on a Sat. and talked with my café email buddy but the music was so loud I had to beg off. He said, “call back tomorrow” (that’s Sunday for those who aren’t paying attention). So I called and had an interesting and pleasant but not educational chat.
My questions:
You have two shows. Do you clear the house between shows? Sort of… but if you want to see both shows you need to buy tickets for both shows.
Do we need to get there early and start a queue for Antsy’s show? Sort of… but if you want to see both shows you need to buy tickets for both shows.
If we arrive early is there a place we can sit, have a drink and wait for the 9pm show? Sort of… but if….. you get the picture.
Ok, back to seating. Is there any chance you will run out of seating? Not likely. We have 150 seats and have never sold out a show. But if you want to see both shows you need to …….
Epilogue:
We will be there since we charged the hard to get, might sell out tickets (and Ansty nicknamed Blanche the Verb). Depending on how well dinner goes we might be there early to start a queue.
em.

empresley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I will be there at 8ish, maybe at the starbucks down the street.
AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Old 09-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
WHAT A GREAT SHOW! We laughed and sang along for three hours. A relatively small venue so the seats were close and sound was excellent. These guys can really play in addition to the great Antsy lyrics. They had a trombone instead of a bass, a great local electric fiddle player , smokin guitar guy, and the keys and drummer were perfect.
We had the best time..and look forward to them coming back.

AIR #005
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM