Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Valrico , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Alumapalooza 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Dreamin View Post
For those of you that have been before, tips on meals you had to prepare?
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

I think we are on our own for:
All breakfast
3 Lunch
4 dinners (2 of these are open grill)

Looking for ideas

Thanks in Advance


We have never been to Jackson Center, but we did go to Alumaflamingo this year which was held at a regular campground. Since we are only provided with 15amp electric, we are relying on previously prepared frozen meals that just need reheating on the stove or in the oven, i.e. we already seasoned and cooked taco meat, chicken fajita strips, and breakfast burritos. We are also bringing some wings and sausage for grilling. If we run out of food or fixins there is an IGA grocery store in Anna about 10 miles from there. I know it's not the healthiest menu, but we can make up for it when we return home.

We are heading to Northern VA after the event. Hope to see you there.
__________________

__________________
soFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
 
Milford Center , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by soFlo View Post
We have never been to Jackson Center, but we did go to Alumaflamingo this year which was held at a regular campground. Since we are only provided with 15amp electric, we are relying on previously prepared frozen meals that just need reheating on the stove or in the oven, i.e. we already seasoned and cooked taco meat, chicken fajita strips, and breakfast burritos. We are also bringing some wings and sausage for grilling. If we run out of food or fixins there is an IGA grocery store in Anna about 10 miles from there. I know it's not the healthiest menu, but we can make up for it when we return home.

We are heading to Northern VA after the event. Hope to see you there.
From what I remember talking to people at Alumapalooza last year, 15 amp circuits were shared by many people - maybe even a whole row of trailers. Some people said it was enough for lights, but that's about it - they were not cooking or anything like that.
__________________

__________________
DPRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #17
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,193
The 120v supply is essentially 3 amps. That's enough to run the converter, and possibly a television. If you try to run more than that, you will probably trip a breaker, and knock out power to a lot of other trailers. You will be a very popular person when that happens.
Fridge needs to be on LP, water heater needs to be on LP, use the furnace, not the heat strip or heat pump, and don't even think of the air conditioner or microwave. Most Airstreams have stoves and Fantastic vents. Use them.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
 
Native143's Avatar
 
2014 16' Sport
Dunedin , Florida
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 81
Images: 1
I'm on my way now from Clearwater. Stopped at Florida Caverns, now at FDRoosevelt SP near Columbus Ga. tomorrow head to Burnside Ky for the requisite three nite stay for the weekend. One nite at friends in Cincinnati. Then in to JC for the rally. Maumee Bay after that and then on to Canada for a month or so. Figured I came this far north may as well keep on going
__________________
"I'd rather rust out than wear out"

WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Suncoast Unit #129, Region 3
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member
 
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 111
Open house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRoberts View Post
I attended last year, and have a question for those of you who are attending or have attended before.

We don't have an Airstream yet, but live about half an hour from JC & really wanted to see some Airstreams in person. However, the day we went there (I don't remember which day of the week) most of the owners were off doing activities, and those who were at their trailers weren't particularly interested in showing them off to folks like us who were just wandering around.

Are most people there just to socialize at the events and such, or are there certain times when most owners are at their trailers & willing to let others have a look? We're considering going back again this year, but my wife says she doesn't want to go if our experience will be like last year's.


One side note to that report - those who were willing to show us their trailers were VERY helpful. I know a few of them are Airforums members, so a shout out to those of you who went out of your way to show some clueless noob wannabees around. One nice lady with a new Pendleton was in the middle of making lunch, but was happy to let us look at her beautiful trailer. Another couple spent a good 45 minutes educating us on a whole bunch of aspects of Airstream ownership that we hadn't considered. So, I don't mean to complain about the Airstream community as a whole, as I know there are lots of nice, friendly, and helpful people out there - I'd just like to know when/where to find them at Alumapalooza!
I don't see an "open house" on the schedule, but at some rallies there is a time scheduled to go around and see others' trailers. Check the schedule or call Alumapalooza to see if one's scheduled.

At any rate, you may come by our trailer if you can find it and if we're there! #2407
__________________
Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Valrico , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Open House?

DPRoberts

We are on our way to the rally from Florida. Should be in by tomorrow night. We would be happy to show you our 2016 FLying Cloud Rear Bedroom if you are interested. When we find out our location, I can private message you and let you know where we are if you like.
__________________
soFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:12 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member
 
Milford Center , Ohio
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors4me View Post
I don't see an "open house" on the schedule, but at some rallies there is a time scheduled to go around and see others' trailers. Check the schedule or call Alumapalooza to see if one's scheduled.

At any rate, you may come by our trailer if you can find it and if we're there! #2407

Quote:
Originally Posted by soFlo View Post
DPRoberts

We are on our way to the rally from Florida. Should be in by tomorrow night. We would be happy to show you our 2016 FLying Cloud Rear Bedroom if you are interested. When we find out our location, I can private message you and let you know where we are if you like.

Thanks to you both! We're tentatively planning on Tuesday (or maybe Thursday), arriving for the factory tour at 2:00 and then touring Alumapalooza after that. Hope to see you there!
__________________
DPRoberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master
 
mbmbstreamer's Avatar
 
2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 631
Hope you enjoyed the event. We really enjoyed it. This was our 7th!
__________________

__________________
Matt
WBCCI # 3518
TAC# GA-6
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NorCal : 2017 Olema Spring Rally April 7-9, 2017 (formerly at Casini) HootMon-Frau Forum Rallies & Meet Ups 14 04-01-2017 01:46 PM
Alumapalooza 2010 ! rluhr Other Rallies & Events 200 06-14-2010 09:27 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.