Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #401
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
MsMoto and all espresso drinkers.

I have Wedgewood demitasse cups that I have been trying to sell for over a year to no avail. My late father used to use them for espresso. He would dip the lip of each cup in lemon juice and then sugar and then carefully pour in the espresso.

Since I have had no luck selling them, what better way to use them than to bring them to Alumalina and let those who imbibe in espresso to adopt a cup and saucer. I have a total of twelve, all Florentine pattern, 3 in black, 3 in navy, 3 in turquoise and 3 in gold.

And those who don't imbibe in espresso...they are small cups...good for a generous shot of of a single malt or moonshine.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #402
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Sorry forgot about the wood restrictions. So looks like firewood duties fall on Palmetto State folks.

Maybe Sandpaper can start a recycled sawdust and wood chip organically created smokeless burns all night ashless all natural firewood log company from his furniture side job.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:32 AM   #403
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
I will bring some pressure treated wood and some old railroad ties... no bugs.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:16 PM   #404
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob View Post
I will bring some pressure treated wood and some old railroad ties... no bugs.
I'll bring my respirator...

G
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #405
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
I'll bring my respirator...

G
Remember what your teacher always said: "Make sure you bring enough for the whole class".
Old 03-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #406
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
I will bring some old tires.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:01 PM   #407
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
1966 20' Globetrotter
johnsoncity , Tennessee
Need some info from anyone regarding a 2012 Airstream Avenue on Chevy Express 3500 Pros and cons please. Thinking of buying used here in FL
donh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #408
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
I'm not telling where my campfire well be. But you'll need to know the secret handshake to put a chair at it.

Yeah, you did just buy 6 new tires. Maybe you can avoid the disposal fee this way.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #409
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Yeah, you did just buy 6 new tires. Maybe you can avoid the disposal fee this way.

Yep, saves me 12 bucks.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #410
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Well, we were looking for another place to hold our rallies anyway...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #411
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1971 18' Caravel
Charlotte , North Carolina
Thumbs up Campfire or smoke signals

Sandlapper (aka King Possum),

If the group burns tires or railroad ties we might be a little smokey, of course we would not have to worry about flying insects or bugs around the campfire or camp. But remember everyone, we have been dependent on catching a couple of local possums for the Friday bog, but they will not come around a campground that is smokey.

With the cold winter we have had up in the Blue Ridge mountains the early crop of possums looks bad. They are skin and bones no fat possums yet? We may need to get some of the group coming from southern climates to bring a couple of extras with them to the rally.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone who can attend the Alumalina Spring Rally. This will be a warm up for the Fall rally at the Cove.

We will see everyone in nine days, can't wait. Remember Ashworth's give a HOOT.

See ya down the road.

John & Anne
Big Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #412
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Big Hooter, our low country pals are bringing some really nice, fat possum. Milder winter there, better possum.

the Big Possum

Old 03-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #413
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Nearly time to hitch up......some notes

We will be at the mercy of the weather, so please bring a tent if you can.

Folding tables would be nice also.

We are on a lake, so paddling, fishing, swimming?? is good.
The roads are all paved, biking/walking/hiking is good too.

It is dark down there at night...bring a good flashlight, and a tiki torch if you can.

FOOD NOTES:

THURSDAY we have hot dogs. I have 100 dogs, chips. Linda is making homemade chili. Need some buns, spreads, anything edible.

FRIDAY the Possum bog, on us. A meal in itself, but any thing goes good with it. Deserts???

SATURDAY BREAKFAST is potluck. Always good, bring your best, to share. We will have the big coffee pot set up. Gary and Linda will have their cowboy coffee brewing, and their famous campfire flap jacks.

SATURDAY LUNCH is on your own.

SATURDAY SUPPER is also potluck. Bring your best, to share. If you thought breakfast was good, just wait till you see the supper feed.

SUNDAY BREAKFAST is left overs or anything you want to throw in. Make it easy on yourself.

RITA.....ahhh, lovely Rita, but not the meter maid. She loves a good time and is a cheap date. If you would like to contribute to her bad habit, she will welcome you with open arms. She can hold up to 5 gallons at a time. Cheap tequila and cheap green stuff are her favorites.

All the sites in the park are paved and mostly level. You may need some blocks for side leveling. If you are not an accomplished backer upper, not to worry... very few of us are. If you need help, just shout out.

JOHN'S RV/AIRSTREAM OF SC will once again be joining us for the day on Saturday. They are bringing a trailer and an Interstate, and door prizes. Not sure yet where they will be set up, sites are full. May be in the big parking lot near the office. Be SURE to check them out and THANK them for coming.

Remember we have some pretty handy folks coming, so if you need a hand with a repair/maintenance issue, we will have a sign up sheet available.

We will have a rally packet for everyone which will include lots of info to keep you in the loop, should you choose to be in the loop, and also a few sercys.

Main thing is have fun, stay safe, make Wally proud.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #414
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Well, we should be there Friday-- IF the truck is out of the body shop by then...
Old 03-18-2015, 05:54 PM   #415
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I am bringing some "leftovers" from the mods I've done to the new Classic. Pam has already reserved the 1000W WFCO inverter, but I'm bringing the "new" almost never used factory installed converter and some other castoffs. Maybe one of the perusers will find a bargain, and I'll get some extra room in my garage. Barry
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #416
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Advance , North Carolina
Bringing condoms for the Thursday dogs - ketchup, mustard, and relish. And something sweet for dessert.

Bruce might bring his rarely used converter too, got bored this winter and replaced ours. Replaced the WD hitch as well, might bring that too. Have a folding table and 10x10 tent.
WBCCI #5027
TinCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #417
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCloud View Post
Bringing condoms for the Thursday dogs - ketchup, mustard, and relish. And something sweet for dessert.

Bruce might bring his rarely used converter too, got bored this winter and replaced ours. Replaced the WD hitch as well, might bring that too. Have a folding table and 10x10 tent.
Excellent...we need all the condoms we can get, they are premo bun length wieners.

Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #418
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Everyone is posting like Alumalina is THIS week. Made me look back to double check the date. I can't wait either…but...
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #419
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
Everyone is posting like Alumalina is THIS week. Made me look back to double check the date. I can't wait either…but...
In my case, it is frustration with the body shop that is holding my truck captive. "Waiting for parts", and "backordered" are what I keep hearing.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 AM   #420
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Terry, I feel your pain. When you are at the mercy of insurance and body shops, life can be frustrating. Keeping my fingers crossed that your truck will be healed by the time next Thursday rolls around.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote