Old 03-08-2015, 09:02 PM   #337
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
So sorry for your loss

Terry,

We are so sorry to hear about your brother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

Missy and Al

"You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"

Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO
2002 Classic 30 Slideout
S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
2001 Safari 25 RB Twin (Gone, but not forgotten)
WBCCI 1322, TAC FL-39, AIR 82265

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #338
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We are currently planning to attend. The only question is if we will be bringing Bertha, or bunking with someone else, or making a Saturday day trip out of it. We are still going back and forth about it, both between ourselves, and with Paula, who has offered us space/spot.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #339
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Terry and Marie,

Maybe it's time for some much needed and deserved Alumalina Therapy with a bunch of friends.
S/OS #001
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:43 AM   #340
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Terry and Marie:

Please come if you are up to it. Airstream therapy is a very good thing.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #341
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Is anyone staying Sunday & Monday?

Is anyone staying Sunday & Monday after the event? We need to go to Charlotte, NC and see my wife's sister who is having some health issues. We live in North Atlanta. We are trying to decide to take the camper up to Charlotte with us, leave camper at Wateree and just come back Sunday evening, find a campground in Charlotte, etc. I'm curious as to anyone else from the group will be staying an extra night?

If anyone has a suggestion on a campground for one night in Charlotte area, I'm open to suggestions too. I saw McDowell Nature Preserve but hate to set up for one night.

Thanks, G

As someone said I think on this or another forum:
"I don't always tow a travel trailer, but when I do, I tow an Airstream or an Apache or a Coleman"...stay thirsty my friends.
StreaminGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #342
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Lily & I will be staying Sunday night, and there is a pretty good sized group that do.

We have a leftovers potluck Sunday night.

Maggie
Old 03-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #343
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Terry - Bring Bertha. The trip would be 400 miles for me - and while I'm feeling better every day, I just feel like I want to stay near VB for a while.
I'll probably take a weekend at Chippokes State Park - across the river from Jamestown, or perhaps go over to the Eastern Shore or even down to Nags Head but more than a two to three hour tow - just not going to risk it yet.

I don't know what I have to do to change the reservations over to you - I presume this will do it for the rally, but how to do it with the campground? Just send an e-mail?

Paula
Old 03-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #344
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Terry - Bring Bertha. The trip would be 400 miles for me - and while I'm feeling better every day, I just feel like I want to stay near VB for a while.
I'll probably take a weekend at Chippokes State Park - across the river from Jamestown, or perhaps go over to the Eastern Shore or even down to Nags Head but more than a two to three hour tow - just not going to risk it yet.

I don't know what I have to do to change the reservations over to you - I presume this will do it for the rally, but how to do it with the campground? Just send an e-mail?

Paula
Previously, the campground has simply told us to work it out amongst ourselves.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #345
4 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Lily & I will be staying Sunday night, and there is a pretty good sized group that do.

We have a leftovers potluck Sunday night.

Maggie
Maggie,

Thanks for the response...that seemed like the logical thing to do...so I got the extra day off from work, made sure that my wife's schedule was clear...called the campground. They are are completely booked Sunday through the rest of the week following our get-together. No extra night available at any spot in the campground. I'll guess we'll have to find another campground for one night.

"Bummed out" G
Old 03-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #346
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminGuy View Post
If anyone has a suggestion on a campground for one night in Charlotte area, I'm open to suggestions too.
Thanks, G
Never been here but Camping at Andrew Jackson State Park is just a bit south of Charlotte. May be too far out of the area you need, unknown.

Gary
S/OS #001
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Carslile Actuator, Equal-i-zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:54 PM   #347
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I wonder if Wateree has an overflow area, Geven?

Might ask them if there is such an area. Even without hookups, you wouldn't have to relocate and could join the group Sunday evening.

Maggie
Old 03-10-2015, 07:03 PM   #348
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Need a Repair and Share a Repair

Folks,

As we have tried in the past, this gives you a chance to maybe get a bit of help for a minor repair or helping hand. If you post your project somebody might have the Been There Done That Merit Badge and show you how or help.

So post the question, need for a special tool and see if we can find a match.

Previously John has brought out his tongue scale, We've had torque wrenches, I bet a moisture meter will make it and electrical multimeters.

I'll make a suggestion, check your 7 way plug, looks OK or like an electrical science project gone amuck?

Check your trailer ball and nut. Need to replace? I'll have a 1 7/8" X 3/4" drive socket that I tapered a bit and it fits my hitch nicely for tightening the ball nut. And we'll be able to correctly tighten it too.

We're here to have a good time and maybe share a repair too.

Gary
S/OS #001
Old 03-10-2015, 07:10 PM   #349
Slide Out Society #001

2007 30' Classic S/O
Campfire Cooking

Folks,

Nothing better (for most anyway) is a nice hardwood fire smoldering away under cast iron, be it skillet or DO. I'll be bringing my setup that we had last year so we should have a nice spot for campfire time.

For Thursday, John twisted Linda's arm for chili for the tube steaks. I bet Linda will be putting together a mean vegetable soup and cornbread for saturday and I have a new container of Orvil Reddenbacher to make some popcorn in my big DO.

So got cast iron? Bring it. I bet we'll have a couple of DO cooking tables to work with too.

Got a little firewood you can bring? SC requests SC wood in the park only. Campfire time has been pretty special at Alumalina.

See ya' there.

Gary
S/OS #001
Old 03-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #350
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
G,

Carowinds has a campground, about 8-10 miles from downtown Charlotte. A bit pricy at about 50 bucks.

Ebeneezer County Park in Rock Hill is about 25 bucks, 20 minutes from downtown Charlotte.

We live about 30 miles, 40 minutes from Charlotte and have CP. 0 bucks.

John

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote