Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #381
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'm a Riesling girl, or White Zinfandel, but am going to try this Shiraz because it is supposed to be good......and it will broaden my horizons.

I am working on a box of the delicious House Wine riesling....sans box in my frig, which works out beautifully....and picked up some Copa Da Vino some weeks back, so have plenty to get me home.....where another box of House Wine is waiting. I am a one-small-glass-most-days, which is why I have looked for a dcent boxed wine.

But, thanks for the offer.

Maggie
Old 03-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #382
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Advance , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
Does anyone have any idea what they are bringing for pot luck Saturday night? I was thinking about bringing fried chicken. But I can be influenced.

Marie
Fried chicken sounds great, Marie! Bruce said he will do one our favorites, but bigger in the 10" DO, Cornbread Supreme with Shrimp. Has spinach and shrimp with some cornbread, we do it often, it's yummy!
WBCCI #5027
TinCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #383
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Chuck, we'll be in spot 65, in place of Paula.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #384
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Map Update - Spring 2015 Alumalina

Glad to have you and Marie coming. I'll be sorry not to finally have a chance to meet Paula. I've enjoyed her posts for years.

Here's the map update with Overland63 in place.

Alumalina 2015 Spring Edition Campground Map
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Florida 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:16 AM   #385
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
What, Terry and I are only two spots away from each other? I guess we might just call it the ODM corner.....LOL

Just a note in a more serious manner: I do have an espresso machine which will be heated every morning for several hours and welcome anyone who wants to drop by for an espresso, cappuccino, or whatever and of course talk photography, motorcycles, or any other topic except politics, well all are welcome.

Unless of course i fall out of bed on the wrong side.....
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #386
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
If everybody showed up that we wanted to see, I think the campground would need to be much larger.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #387
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Yep, much larger.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If everybody showed up that we wanted to see, I think the campground would need to be much larger.

....one of the reasons we decided to move to the Palmetto Cove for the Fall Ball. 140 full hookups, plus a pavilion and meeting hall.

140 of our best friends.

The Cove will be our 3 campground, we have already out grown 2. If/when we out grow the Cove, I guess we will need to rent the Fairgrounds somewhere.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #388
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If you outgrow the Cove, I think I can recommend a few spots. Wouldn't that be a great problem to solve?
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #389
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 55 View Post
Glad to have you and Marie coming. I'll be sorry not to finally have a chance to meet Paula. I've enjoyed her posts for years.

Here's the map update with Overland63 in place.

Alumalina 2015 Spring Edition Campground Map
Aren't you sweet to say that.

But all y'all can count me in for the fall version. It falls on my Birthday and I'm planning on cleaning up!

Paula
Old 03-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #390
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

But all y'all can count me in for the fall version. It falls on my Birthday and I'm planning on cleaning up!

Paula
OK Paula, holding you to it. John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #391
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
If you outgrow the Cove, I think I can recommend a few spots. Wouldn't that be a great problem to solve?
I would love to work on that problem. When Susan and I (mostly me, I am the alumanut in this house) decided a few years back the we wanted to start a rally here in the Carolinas, we really didn't know quite what to expect. We just hoped someone would show up. First gathering we had 22, and were thrilled.

Now, at around 60, we are thrilled beyond measure. Thrilled not only at the numbers but also because of the excitement, interest, and participation it has generated among Airstream enthusiasts from all over the U.S. and Canada. What a fantastic group. As David in Beaufort once said about rally's,...... ''it's the people, the trailers are just a bonus''.

Could not agree more. Thanks David, well said.

I hope we out grow ''the Cove''. We are hoping/expecting 100+ for the Fall gathering there. They have lots of room for dry camping if necessary.

In the mean time, 2 weeks from now, we will all be licking our wounds, hopefully safe and sound at home, thinking..... ''dang, that was a good time''.

Can hardly wait.

John

Old 03-15-2015, 05:28 PM   #392
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

Paula
Oh and yes, Paula, we met at Highland Haven at your rally a few years back.

You made a great meatloaf in the DO, even shaped it like a possum.

Good stuff.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #393
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
I'm gonna run down and visit on Saturday....Still working on my old girl...

Peace to you all!

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #394
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
It's going to be a challenge getting our trailer, Marie, and my truck all ready for this in two weeks. It will, if nothing else, make sure Marie will be able to take a longer trip in May.
She has a lot of stuff she wants "us" to do, we'll see if "we" are up to it. A couple hour ride and a weekend camping will let us see if she is really up to it.

I think Paula was planning to show up Friday and leave Monday. We'll be leaving Sunday, so if somebody wants a spot for Sunday night, our spot, formerly Paula's, will be available.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #395
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
A recap

We will offer a bit of a schedule but it is ONLY a suggestion. Feel no obligation other than to have a good time. We will have this printed off for everyone and included in your rally packet.

There is no pavilion or shelter, so all group activities will take place in the open area in the center of the loop. Everyone is close.

THURSDAY
6:00 for the early arrivals, our fabulous HOT DOG FEAST. Hot dogs cooked over the coals by Gary, homemade chili by Linda. We have 100 dogs and some chips, we will need buns, condoms, anything you would like to throw in to share, including a desert or two. Make it simple.

FRIDAY
5:00-6:00 MEET and GREET. Come meet your neighbors, bring your beverage of choice.

6:00-7:00 SUPPER ON US. Our almost, just about, nearly famous Possum bog. Don't like Possum?? How do you know, you've probably never had any. Not to worry, tastes just like chicken. Bring your dinnerware and a simple side or desert, if you wish. The possum is a meal in itself. Prepared by a pair of long time low country chefs, Henry and Ronnie, who specialize in Possum. You will like it.

7:00 until OPEN MIC. Here's your chance to be on stage and in the spot light. Please introduce yourself, if you wish. Don't be shy, you are among friends. Then enjoy a great Carolina evening around Thor, campfire extraordinaire.

SATURDAY, the big day
8:30-9:30 BREAKFAST. Pot luck, please bring your favorite breakfast dish to share. We will have a big perko pot of coffee set up, and Gary and Linda will have their famous Cowboy coffee and flap jacks over the coals.

10:00-12:00 SEMINARS. We are still working on the details but as in the past, we will have several hopefully informative seminars to offer. One will be "Is this good water?", lead by Terry of Terryandann. Ever wonder if the water you are drinking is really water? A second one will likely be on "Hitching Up", lead by yours truly. Maybe I can add to the confusion.

We will stagger the seminars so you can attend either, neither, or both.

12:-1:00 Lunch on your own

1:00-4:00 the best part:
OPEN HOUSE....only if you want to participate. We will have a sign for those that do. See what folks have done inside. Very inspiring. We have some really talented people among us.

FLEA MARKET....Anything you would like to bring to sell, give away, trade. Your own handmade items, extra Airstream parts, unruly kids. We will have tables set up.

BRING-A-BEER, GET-A-BEER if you like the craft beers and have some to share. A wash tub with ice will be set up in the center.

MEET RITA.....ahhh, naughty Rita. Come by for a visit under the awning, our trailer, site #50.

PAROOZING......enjoy the afternoon just hanging out. Be sure you have a good time.

5:00-6:00.....POT LUCK SUPPER. Please bring your favorite dish to share. Tons of great food.

6:30 until.....DOOR PRIZES. You do not have to contribute to participate, everyone gets a ticket regardless. Throw something in if you'd like to. Small trinket, handmade, bought, Airstream/camping related, cheap. We will have some good things from our sponsors to give away also.

Enjoy another fine Carolina evening with Thor.

SUNDAY
8:30... BREAKFAST. leftovers, doughnuts, pastries, Bloody Marys, anything simple and easy.

We hope to have a brief worship service, to return thanks for a great weekend.

the worst part...time to say good bye. As Scarlet O'hara said, "I'm just not gonna think about that today".

John

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 2nd VP

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #396
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrosti View Post
I'm gonna run down and visit on Saturday....Still working on my old girl...

Peace to you all!
Mighty good to hear from you Dave, and hope you will indeed come down to see us. We have quite a few day visitors coming and EVERYONE is welcome.

John

Old 03-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #397
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Just a reminder
There is little to no cell service in the Park. Some of the waterfront sites have a little, but talk fast, it will likely drop off.

We are 10 country miles off the interstate, and at least 18 country miles to emergency services.....TAKE CARE TO STAY SAFE.

The nearest small town is Great Falls, about 12 very country miles away. Not much there. Dollar General, small grocery store.

The nearest bigger town is Winnsboro, about 18 country miles. Walmart, big grocery stores, motel, HOSPITAL.

Remember to be discreet with adult beverages. State rules prohibit them in the Parks but we find the rangers to be very tolerant as long as you don't flaunt them.

The Park office/tackle shop has some basic supplies, best to pack in what you need. There is a small marina with a grill, some grocery items, and brewskys just outside the Park. Turn left at the Park entrance, then 1/2 mile.

The campground roads and sites are all paved, mostly level, deep sites. You may need some blocking for side to side leveling. 30a, water, fire ring, picnic table at each site. The dump station is just outside the campground entrance.

We are all on 1 loop....the only loop....so it is very conducive to paroozing. A walk is fun, everyone is close to everything.

There is no pavilion or shelter so we are at the mercy of the weather. Please bring a push up tent if you have one, and any portable table you may have. Even with the beautiful weather we will have, tents and tables will be needed.

It's a State Park, which means it is very dark once the sun sets. Bring a GOOD FLASHLIGHT and a Tiki torch.

There may be a few SOB's scattered around the Park. Please extend an invitation for them to join us, everyone is welcome. Let them know what good folks Airstreamers are.

Make Wally proud.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #398
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Linda and I were testing some of the campfire wood tonight, nice clear sky mid 60's. The wood tested just fine.

IF you can, bring a small offering of wood IF its easy for you, not recommending buying, IMHO that's akin to burning money.

Not sure what Thor II can handle, but I'm bringing the same cooking/campfire setup as last year, sorry no chimney logs available this year.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #399
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Linda and I were testing some of the campfire wood tonight, nice clear sky mid 60's. The wood tested just fine.

IF you can, bring a small offering of wood IF its easy for you, not recommending buying, IMHO that's akin to burning money.

Not sure what Thor II can handle, but I'm bringing the same cooking/campfire setup as last year, sorry no chimney logs available this year.
Does the park allow imported wood? I thought it was verboten.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #400
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Because of the Emerald Ashe Borer all the SC parks request folks not to bring wood from o/s SC. The bugs don't know which state they live in, and since the Carolinas join, no problemo I would say.

I will bring some scraps from my shop, and also some real wood from the rancho deluxe.