Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #261
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
North augusta , South Carolina
So this is our first rally, and very excited to meet other airstream owners. One question we have is regarding pets, specifically dogs. Normally we would kennel our 4 legged family members, but since it is the weekend prior to "the golf tournament" here in Augusta, there is no room at the kennel. We are working to line up a house / dog sitter, but in case are there any restrictions on bringing dogs ( beyond the normal leash and clean up). Thanks
Mary and Jeff Dunbar - 3318 in our "silver lining" flying cloud
Old 03-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #262
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Simpsonville , South Carolina
What type of dogs, and how many? The Cove is very pet friendly, except for the typical "aggressive" breeds. And as you mentioned, leash and cleanup.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:22 PM   #263
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieshoes View Post
John/Sandlapper -
Understand it is okay given earlier responses; wanted to let you know I plan on arriving Monday, March 28th. DW will join me Thursday (flying in to Atlanta), so I will be in need of someone to order me around for a few days. Seriously, I will be happy to help as you or others may need.
Michael/Boogieshoes
Excellent Michael, thanks for the offer. We welcome the extra hands and will keep you busy so you can't stray too far.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 03-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #264
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Mary and Jeff, and any other folks with pets. As Stream'n Eagle said, the Cove is very pet friendly and only asked for the standard courtesies...the 6' leash, pick up the poop, and not bring them into the buildings or under the pavilion.

The parking spaces are close together but there are acres of beautiful open ground all around, as well as trails in the woods. Pets and people will find it very pleasing.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #265
1 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
Murphy , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamin' Eagle View Post
What type of dogs, and how many? The Cove is very pet friendly, except for the typical "aggressive" breeds. And as you mentioned, leash and cleanup.
When you say typically aggressive breeds, does that mean my Dutch Shepherd is not welcome?
Old 03-17-2016, 05:37 AM   #266
2 Rivet Member

2013 31' Classic
Simpsonville , South Carolina
As long as they are well behaved I don't think there will be any issues.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #267
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Anderson , South Carolina
Sandlapper, so sorry but we are not able to make it. We are listed as #66, Mike and Debbie Madden.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #268
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Mike, sorry you and Debbie can't make this one. We will miss you, but there will be others so maybe next time. Thanks for reaching out.

Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 PM   #269
Rivet Master

2009 23' FB Flying Cloud
1959 24' Tradewind
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Northeast , Iowa
Can we still sign up?

We would like to attend, if there are any spaces still available.
Ed&Eileen
Old 03-19-2016, 05:12 PM   #270
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Hey John....we are going to have a back out. We ran into a wiring/electrical issue and it's put a serious slow down on our progress. Looks like this one won't be our break out rally. I'm bummed, but I'm hoping we can make it down for the day to hang out. Denise & Marcus.

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
Old 03-19-2016, 06:02 PM   #271
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
Advance , North Carolina
Toppings for dogs

Hey John, put us down for chilli for the hot dogs on Thurs and the usual condoms of ketchup, mustard, mayo, and relish.

See you the 28th!
WBCCI #5027
Old 03-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #272
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Denise and Marcus, sorry you can't make it, and we will miss you once again, but keep working hard and come to the fall gathering.

Hello Ed and Eileen..... yes, we have a spot for you so come on. I'm puttin'n ya on the list. A great group, you will like it.

Old 03-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #273
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCloud View Post
Hey John, put us down for chilli for the hot dogs on Thurs and the usual condoms of ketchup, mustard, mayo, and relish.

See you the 28th!
Most excellent Sir Bruce, we have a fun bunch and will need all the condoms we can get.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #274
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
2 weeks to go....

Well now, after all the waiting, planning, fixing, packing, and getting ready, the time is almost here.

We have another great crowd coming, my list says 127 as of today. We still have room for a few more.

A couple of reminders....

We will have hot dogs on Thursday, Possum bog on Friday, and 2 continental breakfasts Friday and Sunday am, provided. We can always use any side item you care to share. No need to go away hungry.

Saturday's BREAKFAST and SUPPER are all potluck. Please bring enough to share. It is ALWAYS a feast.

I had a good conversation with Rita today, she is looking forward to joining us once again and will arrive about 1:00 Saturday, at the pavilion. For those of you who have never met Rita, she is lots of fun, loves cheap thrills, and is always looking for a good time. If you would like to bring her a gift basket, remember she only likes the cheap stuff, clear or green. We have 2 baskets already.

The Cove will be opening early on March 24 for us, and may have limited water supply at first. Might be good to have on board water.

Be sure to take the short trip up to Caesar's Head State Park for a look down onto the Cove and the surrounding area. Well worth it.

Everyone will receive a rally bag with schedule, information, and a sercy or two. Feel no obligation to do anything except have a good time.

All day, everyday, is happy hour.... so be happy. You are amongst friends. Please make yourselves at home.

If you need anything at all, just reach out. There are plenty of folks that can help.

Unless the weather is terribly foul, headquarters will be under the pavilion. It is a great place to hang out.

You will like it.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #275
3 Rivet Member

1994 25' Excella
On the Lake , Georgia
JOHN, YOU ARE THE MAN!
How do you keep up with all of this?
Joe
WBAC # 2759
Old 03-20-2016, 05:07 AM   #276
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Since the campground is opening early Page and I plan on being there on opening day. Hope to see some other early birds. Safe travels to all Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1458472036.838481.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	259097
Old 03-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #277
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin View Post
JOHN, YOU ARE THE MAN!
How do you keep up with all of this?
Joe
Well, Joe, it can sometimes be a challenge and so I often call on my Scottish friend Glen Livet. He stands ready at a moments notice and takes over when I reach out.

In fact, I hear him calling me now.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #278
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Yeah, but he has Susan to hand Glen to him. Don't forget who's the Honey Bee.

I hear Abe R. Lour saying he doesn't want a 13th birthday, gotta get a dram, help him out a bit.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 03-20-2016, 07:03 PM   #279
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Seminars

Airstreamers are always eager to share, and it is hard to beat experience. With that in mind, we are offering some seminars on Friday and Saturday.

FRIDAY:

9-10 Water: what's in it? Is it safe to drink? We take it for granted but do we really know what's in it. Led by Terry Montgomery. Terry is the Operations Director for the City of York and has first hand experience with water systems. City water, well water, bottle water. In the Meeting Hall.

10-11 Airstreaming for Women: Solo airstreaming 101. Not just for women but ESPECIALLY for women. Hitching, fueling, rest stops, choosing campgrounds, breakdowns, safety. Led by "TinBender'' Pam Devine, solo Airstreamer extraordinaire. Very good information, ladies, even if you travel with a DH. Meet in the Lounge.

11-12 Dutch Oven Cooking 101: campfire cooking with the reliable Dutch Oven. Easier than you think, and lots of fun. Cakes, biscuits, stews, possum. Led by ''GCinSC2'' Gary Croyl and ''Chillpoints'' Jon Hettrick. If you have a DO and would like to break it in with the pros, here's your opportunity. Under the Pavilion.

SATURDAY:

10-11 TPMS: keeping tabs on tire pressures and temperatures. Tire failure can be catastrophic and cause severe collateral damage. A monitoring system can alert you to tire problems before they become trouble. Led by ''Bandits'' Jerry O'Connell, who will have some systems available.
In the Meeting Hall.

11-12 General Maintenance: getting ready for the road. Spring time usually marks the beginning of the travel season, is your rig ready? Check lists, tips, DIY maintenance. Led by ''Sandlapper'' John Leake. In the Meeting Hall.

Grab a cup of coffee and join in on the discussions.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #280
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1971 18' Caravel
Charlotte , North Carolina
Rivet Alumalina 2016 Spring Rally

Mr. Sandlapper (aka King Possum)

I want to bring you and the group an update from up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have good news and a little bad news. Where to start....bad news first. We have been gathering a rather sizable herd of possums since last November. But we have had a couple of weeks of really nice spring weather, lots of warmth. This has caused the flowers to bloom and trees to put out leaves. This has caused a problem with about seventy percent of the possums I had been feeding over the winter. Last Friday I had a giant holding pen break out. I guess the boys and girls decided it was time head back to the woods and start families!!!

Now for the good news. The possums that did not cut and run (slow runners) are really nice healthy (fat) possums. So I am calling on my friends, Ronnie, Hank, Terry, Gary, Jay and others cook team members to check around their neighborhoods and gather a few filler possums to help replace the possums I lost up on the mountain.

With 127 plus units attending the rally the Friday night possum bog may need some help with the other white meat.

Sorry for this bad news/good news update. But I know our Airstream friends will help gather some more possums for the pot.

As always... see you down the road at the Palmetto Cove RV center.

Remember we give a HOOT.

John and Anne
Closed Thread