Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2016, 03:14 AM   #321
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Some good things to know....
The Cove features rally style parking, meaning side by side, back to back, in rows. We will all be close neighbors so get out and meet everyone.

No one needs an invitation to join in a ''neighborhood block party''. Don't be shy, just jump right in, you will be welcomed.

The Cove is relatively isolated, best to pack in your supplies.

The nearest fuel station: in down town Cleveland, about 8 miles away.

Nearest big grocery stores: Ingles, Bi-Lo, Walmart. All in Travelers Rest, SC about 18 miles away.

Nearest veterinarian: All About Pets 409 Old Buncombe Rd, Travelers Rest, SC 864.834.7334 About 18 miles

Nearest hospital/emergency care: Branch of Greenville Hospital, Travelers rest. About 18 miles.

The Cove is located in Greenville County, SC

The Cove is staffed by volunteer members and are great people. They are camping folks just like us. They are also a great source for local information.

Be sure to check out the area, especially Caesars Head for a look down on the park.

There is a great fireplace under the pavilion and the Cove furnishes the wood. Enjoy it. If you want a fire at your trailer it must be in a raised fire pit.

We have full use of all the facilities and they come at no cost to the rally.

The meeting hall has tables and seating for app 125. It also has a kitchen, laundry, and restrooms.

The pavilion has picnic tables, rocking chairs, and the great fireplace. We will use it for all group activities, weather permitting.

The lounge is attached to the pavilion. It has gas logs, big fluffy chairs and couches, and a kitchenette. Also restrooms.

There are no bath house facilities, only rest rooms.

Please bring your sets ups to all the meals....eating utensils, plates, bowls, drink, etc.

And please mark your serving dishes and don't forget to pick them up after the meal.

We would like to encourage everyone to wear a name tag, preferably one that includes your forum user name. One of the best parts of any rally is putting a face with a name. If you have a favorite one, any kind, please wear it. We will furnish one if you need it. We will also have markers to personalize it.

And last but not least.....

Please make every effort to stay safe. We are off the beaten path and help may be a while getting there.

Have a great time, do what you want, enjoy your neighbors....

and MAKE WALLY PROUD!!

WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:17 AM   #322
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Dry camping....also glad you asked
We have a very good set up for dry camping. The ground is flat with thick mowed grass.

The dump station is an easy access pull through and will have water for flushing your tank.

We will also daisy chain fresh water to each rig.

Please come to the rally with a full fresh water tank, empty waste tanks, and full propane.

The biggest draw on your batteries will be the furnace blower. It can drain batteries in a couple days. Bring an extra blanket and your favorite bed warmer.

Generators are absolutely welcome, hopefully the quiet types like the Hondas and Yamahas. Run occasionally they will keep the batteries up. There may be a couple of them around we can share. It is always good generator etiquette to be mindful of your neighbors.

If you have never boondocked (dry camped), this is the place to break in. Airstreams are among the very best equipped for it and there will be plenty of help to show you the ropes.

Boondocking opens lots of possibilities to expand camping options. Might be a simple overnight stop in a Walmart parking lot, might be a weekend beside a beautiful lake or inside a secluded national park.

You will still have all the same comforts you would have if hooked up.

Do not be afraid to boondock!!! Nothing to it. We are planning a seminar on it.

Besides, the alternative is to sit at home and miss all the fun at Alumalina.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 10-20-2016, 03:33 AM   #323
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
1 week from today.....

...we kick things off. If you cannot arrive until Friday, not to worry, Thursday is just a bonus day. All you will miss is a hot dog. Things don't really get rolling until Friday.

Everyone is welcome to come as early as you like, and stay as long as you want to.

We are doing our best to have a full hook up site available for those first 125 that signed up. Still working on a plan for those who are past the 125 mark but want to come early.

Rest assured, everyone is welcome, and we are working hard to take very good care of you. We have some great things planned.

It's Halloween, be prepared for some tricks and treats.

You will like it.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:50 AM   #324
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Oak Ridge , North Carolina
JJ and Ray are excited about hosting a wine and cheese party on behalf of SkyMed. Hope everyone can make it.........
damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #325
1 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Hershey , Pennsylvania
Sadly and with much regret, we will have to cancel. As much as I tried to finesse it logistically, family commitments got in the way. This is good news for everyone who is who is on the dry camp list since they will be moving up a spot. We were #29 on John's list. I know we will be missing out on a lots of paroozing and good times. Enjoy a little Rita for us. See y'all next year if not sooner. Joanne and Bill McMullen
jomcmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #326
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Jacksonville , Florida
Alumalina Fall edition 2016

Ooops!
dgmahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #327
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
Always followed B.

(Buffett RIP 9/15/08, Gus RIP 12/22/15)(Roger RIP 12/30/20, Penny RIP 6/14/21)

1997 34' Excella WBCCI 5936
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #328

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Beaufort , South Carolina
Hi John!
We really enjoyed seeing your shop and showroom when we were in Roebuck during the evacuation. We have many trees down and much yard debris, the screens blew out on the porch, but everything else is fine! We feel gratitude every day and are getting much better at being patient!!
We don't know where we are on the list and we need a handicapped site. However, if those sites are counted in the 125, we won't bump someone off. Let me know where to find the current list.
Thanks for your help,
Jan Eaton
Ratchsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #329
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Tryon , North Carolina
John,
It is with great sadness that I will be unable to bring the SilverBelle next weekend. I believe I am number 35 on the list as 69SilvrBelle. My water tank won't be here till next Wednesday and I am behind in my restoration. I was looking forward to showing her off!
I would still love to come for the company of great people, and see the people I met in the spring. If I may, I can bring a dish for Saturday night! And for that matter, I could bring a dish for Sunday morning!? If I can participate!
I am very sorry for the late call, but I hope everyone moves up on the list and makes someone happy!
Thank you for your understanding. I know it makes for more work for you.

Trey LaChance
69SilverBelle
69Silvrbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #330
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' Flying Cloud
Naples , Florida
Alumalina 2016

Wait..WHAT? Craft show? Flea market? Open house?
For this newbie, any more info on these parts of the party?? Do I bring my checkbook or my paintings of Airstreams 😜?
Barretta2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:51 AM   #331
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Little River , South Carolina
Let's update that beautiful list!! I'm right on that dry camp/hookup edge and the suspense is killing me!! We will DEFINITELY be there Friday evening, but have to get the kiddos out of school at 12 here in Myrtle Beach. We hope to be there by dinner time with 31' of shiny glory (no judgement, she's still pretty rough, but campable).

Out of curiosity, have there ever been, or will there be any seminars on exterior work such as seam sealing and TT polishing? Wiring gremlins?
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:37 AM   #332
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
John,
With regret, as happiness to those in line behind me, I have to give up my #43 position. As I wrote before, My 2014 Bambi is in the shop for some vinyl flooring issues. When they pulled it up they found the entire floor rotted out due a leak coming in from the side rub rail. This was an issue from day 1, I complained the vinyl was rippled and wanted it fixed. That being said, they said it would not be ready now for another two weeks. It's been there since Sept. 27. :-( Sorry to miss my first big rally. See you next year. Happy Airstreaming.
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:19 AM   #333
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
St. Albans , Vermont
John, We are unable to make the rally due to unfinished construction job on our home. Weather has not been cooperating and we need to button things up before the snow flies. We are #123 on your list. Have a fabulous weekend and thanks to you and the organizers for all you do.
Cathie and Jay
Jaywaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #334
1 Rivet Member

Hi Ed Stroetz here, we are signed up. The Kaslove's are with us at Falluminum, thought they had signed up is there any space for them? Thanks Ed
pearllake99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 02:46 PM   #335
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Good grief, I step away for a few hours....

...and come back to find all this!!

Joanne & Bill, Trey, Judy, Cathie & Jay......thank you for your notes, we will definitely miss you all, but not to worry, we will be doing it again so see you NEXT YEAR!!

JJ and Ray.....thank you for the wine and cheese party. We will work out the time/place and get it posted. Bring plenty.

Jim & Jan....we will have a handicap site waiting for you and any other folks that need one.

Ed....we have room for the Kasloves. Not sure just where, but we have room. Bring them along.

Barrett.... The entire park transforms into a flea market and crafts fair, all weekend long. Many offer their wares displayed in front of their trailer, some under the pavilion. Bring anything you would like to display/sell, and bring along your check book, too. If you only want to sell 1 day, Saturday is best.

Danheit....I hope to post an updated list very soon. With my very limited computer skills and mostly feeble mind, keeping the list accurate is the most challenging part of the rally. As for seminars, we have a Rivets and Riveting session scheduled by one of the best riveters in the business. No sealing techniques planned but there will be a wealth of information available.

EVERYONE....

A rally....any rally....provides an opportunity for loving, laughing, learning, sharing, teaching, and visiting with friends you may only see once or twice a year as paths cross. It is a special time and one to look forward to.

Come prepared to have a great time. Make new best friends, visit with old friends, leave with wonderful memories.

John E Walker

Old 10-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #336
2 Rivet Member

1996 25' Excella
Midland , Ontario
Disappointed !!

John,
Regrettable we won't be able to make it to Alumilina next week and we were so looking forward to representing part of the Canadian contingent. C'est la vie !
Everyone have a great time and I'm sure there will be another opportunity.

Neil&Nancy McCallum #3904
Aprilrivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 07:36 AM   #337
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Springboro , Ohio
Linda and I met Larry and Debra (RV909L) last month at the Swiss Festival Rally. They strongly recommended we join them at Alumalina. We have rearranged our schedule and are now able to attend. If there is still room, we will plan on arriving on Thursday.
Dave and Linda #4932
DLMueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:33 AM   #338
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Regrettably Martin and Denise (martin300662, number 61 on the list) are going to have to cancel.

Totally self-inflicted. We are exporting our MH to Europe after the rally, and have been told she will ship on 11/10. However we have just found out that means dropping her at the export warehouse two weeks before shipping, on or around the 10/27. D'oh!!!!! Should have booked her on a later ship but we simply had no idea.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #339
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Folks an early report from the cove.

We pulled in expecting a nearly empty camp, no way close to 50 MOHO rigs but there almost all pulling out tomorrow. And quite a few misc rigs too.

Trees turned a bit already and lots of spots to pick up mountain apples for sale.

Same dumpster as last year. Hope the full size one makes it in time.

Got a couple AS rigs here already.

Looks like it's our turn to enjoy the clear skies and early fall.

See ya later.
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:22 PM   #340
4 Rivet Member

2001 16' Bambi
2013 23' International
Piedmont Region , North Carolina
Glad you're there so early Gary. Will give you time to get that camp kitchen fired up and producing. I can smell that beef stew up here in North Carolina !!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
tinbender is offline   Reply With Quote