Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 AM   #225
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Airstream pioneers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob D View Post
You shouldn't have to park in the road since Palmetto Cove has agreed to experiment once again with dry camping in an overflow area. In the early days when this once Airstream only park was started, that was the norm for the hardy souls who spent treasure, broke sweat and probably shed a little blood to build the park starting with a corn field.
Great point, Jake, thanks.

Friends,

be sure to take a look at the old pictures and newspaper clips posted on the wall behind the stage in the meeting hall. They tell the story of the Palmetto Cove and it's founding as an Airstream only park.

The pictures are priceless...big 'ole Buick's, Chrysler's, and Road Master station wagons as TV's.

Airstreams are still among the very best equipped for dry camping.

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 05:59 AM   #226
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Fyi....

We have a lot of good stuff planned and will be posting details soon. Plus, everyone will receive a rally bag that will include all the info along with some other goodies.

A quick look ahead....

Many meals will be provided

Open mic night

Seminars

Flea Market/craft sale

Open House

Entertainment

Games and Pumpkin decorating for the kiddos

lots of paroozing

and of course a visit from Rita.

plus, the most fun you've had since the last time.

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:01 PM   #227
Silver Baby Bambi

2005 19' International CCD
saint petersbyrg , Florida
please cancel Stang2002 will not be able to make trip. Have a great rally
Old 09-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #228
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
Looking forward to another wonderful rally.
Wondering if there may be anyone in attendance that is able to write an appraisal (for a fee of course) or has information on how to get one done. Trying to do the dance with insurance company again. They keep wanting to only insure for actual cash value based on NADA which is not the best.

Just thought I would ask.

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:40 PM   #229
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang2002 View Post
please cancel Stang2002 will not be able to make trip. Have a great rally
Thanks for the note Stang, sorry you can't join us but maybe next time, we'll be back.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 09-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #230
Firedog1

2015 30' Classic
Woodbridge Connecticut & , Venice Florida
Regarding the flea market, I have a Parkit360 that I purchased and used once, then we put in a new driveway so I no longer need it, if anyone is interested i can bring with me. send me a PM.

https://parkit360.ca/collections/tra...-capacity-base
Russ

Sold but not forgotten: 2005 Classic 25 Limited
Firedog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 PM   #231
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Walhalla , South Carolina
Anything planned for Halloween, paint the A/S orange? My wife's most favorite day.
DougW
Old 09-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #232
2 Rivet Member

2013 23' Flying Cloud
Naples , Florida
Alumilina Fall 2016

Really looking forward to my first Alumalina this Fall. No idea what to expect. Although I've tried to read all the relevant posts, I may have missed a few, so please forgive any redundancy.

1) Will there be any sort of "tutoring demo for newbies" on things like basic maintenance (like how DO you clean out the tanks? and: What do I really need to understand about how the converter works). Hate to admit that even after more than a year of ownership, there is SO MUCH I still don't understand.
2) In the random thoughts category....Might some attendee have a camera-mounted drone that could take some aerial pix of our gathering? I think it would be way cool to see all that shiny from above.
3) Are there suggestions on what to bring (foodstuffs, serving items, etc) to be able to contribute to any group food events?

Thanks!!
Barrett
Old 09-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #233
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
This is not official but if you walk by 12156, 34 fter, I will try and answer your questions.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:57 PM   #234
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Walhalla , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barretta2 View Post
Really looking forward to my first Alumalina this Fall. No idea what to expect. Although I've tried to read all the relevant posts, I may have missed a few, so please forgive any redundancy.

1) Will there be any sort of "tutoring demo for newbies" on things like basic maintenance (like how DO you clean out the tanks? and: What do I really need to understand about how the converter works). Hate to admit that even after more than a year of ownership, there is SO MUCH I still don't understand.
2) In the random thoughts category....Might some attendee have a camera-mounted drone that could take some aerial pix of our gathering? I think it would be way cool to see all that shiny from above.
3) Are there suggestions on what to bring (foodstuffs, serving items, etc) to be able to contribute to any group food events?

Thanks!!
Barrett
Take a ride up to Ceasers Head park about 6 miles and you can take an overlook picture. Expect to enjoy good old fashion southern hospitality and eat and eat and eat some more.
DougW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0566.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	272270  
Old 09-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #235
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
Young Harris , Georgia
A newbie, eh? Cleaning the tanks? A sponge in your hand reaching up through the dump valve might clean it. But maybe not. Last year (or maybe it was Spring), there was a "seminar" on taking care of the tanks. Maybe someone will do a similar talk this visit.

Phil
'09 Dodge Cummins Ram 3500 Crew 4x4 auto
AIR 1753
Phil and/or Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:00 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Since attempting to clean the tanks is about like Pissing into the wind there is no reason for a seminar.

When was the last time you cleaned the sewer pipes at home?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #237
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Barrett, glad you asked......

Yep, we will have seminars of interest to most folks. It is my favorite part of any rally. Wait.....food might come first.

Very likely our friend Chuck will be there again with his drone for the overhead shots. Look back several pages in the thread, you will see his drone shots as part of Florida55's movie.

We will furnish many meals, including our hot dog feast, the Possum bog, and of course the famous fish fry. With such a large crowd we will solicit help with some of it.

Experience shows that it is best not to post too many details too far in advance, it gets lost in the thread. BUT...rest assured we will be posting the nitty gritty very soon.

Keep an eye on the thread.....details are coming.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 09-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #238
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
When was the last time you cleaned the sewer pipes at home?
Just two weeks ago. Was getting slow drains and backups. Had the county come out and rotorooter the pipes. Roots from neighbors popcorn trees were clogging them up. Much better draining now.