Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #71
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Alan, wish you could join us, we will miss you & Shannon. There will be more so maybe next time. Springstream is the inspiration behind Alumalina, so we will be thinking about you.
That church is fortunate to have you play for them.

OK, now we have an opening for lead guitar. Any takers?

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #72
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post

OK, now we have an opening for lead guitar. Any takers?
Wouldn't a guitar made out of lead be kind of heavy?
Oh, you meant lead, not lead.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #73
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Heavy metal music.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #74
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I did a "tentative" back in January. Now I do a "confirm" -- "Silver Leaf" will make its debut at this gig on 23 March. I'm anxious to get some of you veterans through my brand new -- but already customized -- CCD. I had a designer redo curtains, spread, pillows, etc. Based on lots of info on these Forums, upgraded to 16" wheels/tires, TPMS, upgraded converter/charger, Trimetric battery measurement -- and a host of minor touches. So, I want to see what my fellow NC/SC 'Streamers have done as well. Will also bring appropriate snacks and other (ahem!) consumables. Barry
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #75
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Barry, glad you've made the move to the YES column. Looking forward to meeting you & Silverleaf. Sounds like you have been busy this winter with all the mods. Can't wait to see them. For those that want to , an open house would be in order for Sat pm. Strictly optional, always fun.
And by all means don't forget the consumables. But in case anyone does, Frugal McDoogals, the mega party store, is just down the street.
Anyone else ready to get off the fence and move to the YES side?
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 02-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #76
1 Rivet Member

2010 30' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
rsvp

We'll be there. Let us know when to make reservations. Our daughter lives in Charlotte, so after this rally we will probably head over to the Carolina Speedway RV park to stay for a week, before we head up north. We had such a great time at Canopener in Fl, that we are eager to see felllow Airstreamers again. Cathy & Byron #2315
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #77
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw2315 View Post
We'll be there. Let us know when to make reservations. Our daughter lives in Charlotte, so after this rally we will probably head over to the Carolina Speedway RV park to stay for a week, before we head up north. We had such a great time at Canopener in Fl, that we are eager to see felllow Airstreamers again. Cathy & Byron #2315
Cathy & Byron, glad you can make it. The campground will not fill up but you can make a reservation if you wish. Camp Wilderness at Carowinds. I will be talking with them on Saturday just to check in. We are expecting a good crowd but there will be plenty of room. It is not far from the race track cg.
I will post an update Sat or Sun..
John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 02-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #78
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1974 Argosy 26
Youngsville , North Carolina
sandlapper,
A saturday open house sounds great, I can show off my LED interior light conversion.
Is it ok to bring some of my spare parts and such to trade sell or give away?
We can bring various breads for your fish & chips. Any idea of a head count including mini-streamers?
Thanks Alan for going to the effort to organize this for the carolina streamers. We can't wait see you the 23rd.

Steve & Di
Old 02-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #79
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by heslinhotel View Post
sandlapper,
A saturday open house sounds great, I can show off my LED interior light conversion.
Is it ok to bring some of my spare parts and such to trade sell or give away?
We can bring various breads for your fish & chips. Any idea of a head count including mini-streamers?
Thanks Alan for going to the effort to organize this for the carolina streamers. We can't wait see you the 23rd.

Steve & Di
Steve & Di, can't wait to see everyone myself. The open house is a definate, for anyone that wants to open up. Usually that's most everyone. It is always fun to see what folks have done inside and out. Streamers are a creative bunch.We can decide on a time, maybe early Sat pm. And yes , please bring along any trash & treasures you may have for the flea market. I have some stuff myself.(Don't we all!).
I am working on a head count and will post an update in the next day or two. I think we have a good crowd coming so anyone that can throw in on the Friday & Saturday suppers would be much appreciated. We are planning a chicken bog for Friday nite, fish-n-chips for Sat late afternoon. I will post more details a bit later. Thanks for your input.
NOTHING COULD BE FINER......John & Susan
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 02-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We'd be glad to help with meals. Tell us what you need.

Going to be a crowd, going to be fun!

Maggie
Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #81
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We'd be glad to help with meals. Tell us what you need.

Going to be a crowd, going to be fun!

Maggie
Thanks a bunch, I'll get back with you on that offer. I've yet to meet an Airstreamer that didn't want to help. And I'm certain that before it's all said and done, lots of folks will help. Share the love! John & Susan
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #82
1 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
camden , South Carolina
Smile Charlotte

Sounds like a great time. we are working on getting there.Will let you know.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #83
1 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
camden , South Carolina
Thumbs up Booked

Looking forward to a fun weekend. Don't know who all is coming, but we'll be in 158.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #84
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Glad you are coming and hope maybe some more Camenites can make it with you. Now I can hand deliver Wally's book back to you.

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP