Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We'll ask our bosses if we can get that Friday off...

Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
We'll ask our bosses if we can get that Friday off...
If they won't let you off, just bring them with you. Tell'em you need to make a service call.$$$$$

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We may still be able to get to this, as the trip to southern MS may have to be delayed while the grandbabies go to visit my ailing ex this year.

Maggie
Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Well alrighty then, get back on that maybe list and come on down, it's gonna be good.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
If they won't let you off, just bring them with you. Tell'em you need to make a service call.$$$$$
I got a possible maybe, and promise of a few trinkets to bribe my way in.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We may still be able to get to this, as the trip to southern MS may have to be delayed while the grandbabies go to visit my ailing ex this year.

Maggie
Maggie, you do know you are going to be seeing some of the people from that "other" thread, right?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Maggie, you do know you are going to be seeing some of the people from that "other" thread, right?
I know that, but I have shared no stories so have nothing to be embarassed about!

Maggie
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #36
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
Just went to the calendar and posted a "maybe." I need to be in Atlanta by Sunday night for a work project that begins Monday and lasts 5 days. Think it'd be terrific to meet some fellow NC/SC folks. This'd be only my 3d trip. I'm sure I'd get some education from you veterans!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #37
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
OK, now you've got us going. We love a good story.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 01-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
Just went to the calendar and posted a "maybe." I need to be in Atlanta by Sunday night for a work project that begins Monday and lasts 5 days. Think it'd be terrific to meet some fellow NC/SC folks. This'd be only my 3d trip. I'm sure I'd get some education from you veterans!
BAB, come on, we're right on your way. Charlotte to Atlanta maybe 4 hours tops? And the best day to do an I85 trip is on a Sunday. Some of the folks coming will be headed home back down I85, perhaps a mini caravan of sorts. Along with our out of state friends we are hoping for a good local turn out also. There are a lot of Carolina streamers out there, just need to get them all together. John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 01-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #39
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
I know that, but I have shared no stories so have nothing to be embarassed about!

Maggie
If we all make it to the rally, I'll tell you what my sister-in-law expected to happen when she attended her first rally. It would fit into that "other" thread, and to this day, I'm not sure if she was relieved or disappointed to find out what really goes on at rallies.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #40
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
If we all make it to the rally, I'll tell you what my sister-in-law expected to happen when she attended her first rally. It would fit into that "other" thread, and to this day, I'm not sure if she was relieved or disappointed to find out what really goes on at rallies.

We won't kiss and tell.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
Hmmm, this sounds like fun! Any Georgians want to caravan?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #42
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatiero View Post
Hmmm, this sounds like fun! Any Georgians want to caravan?

Ahhh, I smell a road trip brewing. There are some Georgians in the mix, and I85 will bring you real close to the party. Take I85 north to Charlotte, then I77 south about 10 or so miles to Carowinds Blvd. Probably exit 1 in SC. Continue past the entrance to Carowinds about 1 mile or less, look for the sign for Camp Wilderness on your right. Turn right there. Entrance to the campground is then on your left. The lodge/office will be straight ahead. You should see some shiny tubular rocket looking things parked on your left. They are not part of left over Carowinds amusement rides but do look like they could have been. Screaming, yelling, arm flailing, smiling, laughing ,ear to ear grinning, and other signs of good times have been associated with them. That would be us.
Come on, the drinks are on me.
John

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP