Old 03-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #911
1 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalian Springs , Tennessee
Wire wrap sea glass

Hi, I am the other half of GreggH and I create sea glass jewelry. At other rallies I have instructed classes making pieces. If anyone is interested I would be glad to host a small group Saturday. I will bring some wire and pieces of sea glass with me or better yet bring a piece you've found that will be more personal. If interested please advise so I know how many supplies I need to bring.
If you would like to see some examples you can go to my facebook page Island Tides Sea Glass. If anyone has any hand tools for jewelry making that they can bring it would be appreciated. See you soon. Cynthia

Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #912
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
Brad,
He is too cute to cook..
Didn't they say that about Eddie last year?
Speaking of which, how is Eddie? Or how was he?...

Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 PM   #913
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
A little bit more FYI

There is a firewood alert pertaining to the Emerald ash borer. It is for wood brought in from outside SC. Honestly, no one will be checking. Bring it, burn it, if you want to. The problem comes from wood left behind, allowing the parasite to escape.

In the maintenance category:
I will have my Shurline Tongue Weight Scale available if you are curious about the tongue weight of your trailer. The paved sites are codusive to a good measurement.

Poor man's propane leak detector, aka soapy water. We have a squirt bottle of this hi tech solution to check for leaks.

I have a pack of nylon flatwashers to shim up a sagging door. Only takes a minute, can make a big difference with a troublesome door.

We will have a torque available if you want to check torque on lug nuts or anything else.

Also, sockets and wrenches that fit the big hitch head bolts if you need to adjust your hitch. Remember the nice paved sites, helps with leveling measurements.

I will have some of the almost famous Alumalina T shirts to sell for ten bucks, which covers their cost. Large and X large, some white w/blue logo, some blue w/white logo.

Rita. She will be there Sat afternoon to entertain anyone willing to stop by. If you would like to help this poor gal, she is easy and likes the cheap stuff. She is already loaded with 5 gallons.

John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #914
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Castalain Springs , Tennessee
Link

www.facebook.com/pages/Island-Tides-Sea-Glass/573722939350212
This is the link to my wife's page listed in above post

GreggH
Old 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #915
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamInn View Post
Hi, I am the other half of GreggH and I create sea glass jewelry. At other rallies I have instructed classes making pieces. If anyone is interested I would be glad to host a small group Saturday. I will bring some wire and pieces of sea glass with me or better yet bring a piece you've found that will be more personal. If interested please advise so I know how many supplies I need to bring.
If you would like to see some examples you can go to my facebook page Island Tides Sea Glass. If anyone has any hand tools for jewelry making that they can bring it would be appreciated. See you soon. Cynthia
Sounds like fun. I will attend. Don't have any sea glass, wish I did but have looked and never find any.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #916
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
I haven't seen a menu update since post 565. Here's our contributions. We will bring some sausage patties for the Saturday breakfast. We will also be bringing a Central New York specialty called Salt Potatos. The potatos can be cooked on any day that our wonderful host deems necessary.

I also have 2 folding tables and 1 easy up type tent. Also a couple of extension cords.

See ya'll there
Tami & Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #917
4 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Hi Cynthia, I'll attend too but don't have any sea glass - yet

Thanks for offering the class!

Karen
Old 03-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #918
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
John
Not to try to out do your professional soap bubbles but I have a Tif-880a combustible gas detector I am happy to bring as well. It can also check for carbon monoxide leaks in furnaces for folks with older trailes like we do.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Airstream Forums mobile app

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #919
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
If anybody has a later-model trailer with the hinge pins walking out of the hinge, I can bring some supplies, and demonstrate my 30 cent solution to this problem.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #920
Murphree's_Law

1967 22' Safari
1966 26' Overlander
Mt. Holly , North Carolina
Hi John, I will have a 10x10 I will bring. Let me know if you need anything else. I won't be able to get there until Friday unless I pull off a miracle at work : ( Looking forward to it! Brett
Old 03-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #921
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Ringoes , New Jersey
OK, long shot, how about a lesson on fixing a sprung door? My 73 Tradewind is not tight where the door meets the sides top or bottom. John
Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #922
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjohn View Post
OK, long shot, how about a lesson on fixing a sprung door? My 73 Tradewind is not tight where the door meets the sides top or bottom. John
Most '73's have a cast aluminum door. Chances are, if it's sprung, it's broken.
I can still show people with a '74 and newer trailer how to bend their doors back into submission. All it takes is two people and a 2x4.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #923
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Speaking of bending, Terry, the latch on the screen door is very tight and you have to push on the door to get it to latch. It has been adjusted as far as possible. Is there a good solution.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #924
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
Speaking of bending, Terry, the latch on the screen door is very tight and you have to push on the door to get it to latch. It has been adjusted as far as possible. Is there a good solution.
I'll see what I can do with it.