Old 12-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #351
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
No, it's just your basic, round DO.

This is a rather wet dough, which sits for a day and then is baked in a very hot, pre-heated DO. I will have to perfect the pre-heating process with charcoal once we are on the road in a month or so.

The original concept is not mine, I am just practicing with it to get comfortable with it and and varying ingredients to see what I can come up with. So far, nothing we would call a failure.

I cut the dough with scissors 3 times across the top, which causes it to spread differently in the baking. Depending on what is in the dough, some have spread more than others.

This particular loaf actually flipoed over twice as I was dumping it from the bowl into the DO, so baked bottom-side up.

So fun, and so easy....and so delicious.

I would like to think that many will go forth and bake bread from our little gathering in a few months.

Maggie

Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #352
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
we are late to the party ...but I added our contact info to the waiting list with the Park.

AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #353
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I would think that anyone who could not get a site at Wateree for the rally could certainly come in during the day and join the group......right, John?

Maggie
Old 12-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #354
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnlvrs View Post
Really looking forward to Alumalina this spring. Love the idea of learning to cook with the DO! We'll look a little different this year. (Paula & Larry) My 25th wedding anniversary present on the 10th was a 2012 25FB Flying Cloud! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! That Open House in Sept might have had something to do with it. Now to take pictures and put the "little guy" in the classifieds. Can't wait to see all those Airstreams!...and Rita, of course.

Hey folks, congrats on the anniversary AND the new digs!!!

Whatcha gonna do with all that room!!!

Rita will be waiting.

John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #355
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Hate that we missed out on securing a spot. I kind of doubt that we'll be road-ready by March, especially with all the rain & cold weather lately...we're moving REALLY slow on our renovation. Guess I'll see how far along we get with the new floor and axle between now and Feb....then I'll try to get on the wait list. Wishing all of my fellow NC/SC airstreamers a wonderful Christmas!!!

Follow our blog! http://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
lonewolf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #356
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Alan, keep checking with the park. You can go on line at Lake Wateree SP, use their reservation button to check availability. Punch in the dates. Hopefully none of our AS buds will cancel but things happen. Also there are maybe a half dozen or so SOB sites that were already booked, maybe one of them will cancel. We will keep our fingers crossed for you and Shannon.

John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight he will just kill you........a wise old man.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #357
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post
Hate that we missed out on securing a spot. I kind of doubt that we'll be road-ready by March, especially with all the rain & cold weather lately...we're moving REALLY slow on our renovation. Guess I'll see how far along we get with the new floor and axle between now and Feb....then I'll try to get on the wait list. Wishing all of my fellow NC/SC airstreamers a wonderful Christmas!!!
Thanks Denise. You can always come for the day, or if you are into it, a tent.
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 12-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #358
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
thanks John. I signed up for a cancellaton notice from the Reserve America site..been trying to make one of these ..maybe this one will work..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #359
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Just in case you need it, the phone # to the campground office: 803.482.6401
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #360
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1971 18' Caravel
Charlotte , North Carolina
Mtnlvrs,

Looks like the Airstream traveling/camping bug has taken hold in your household. What fun to have a new Airstream to start off the 2014 camping season. I hope you will marked your calendar with the Region 3 Rally at the Western NC Fairgrounds near the Asheville airport. The rally is in late April.

I know you have been reading the emails on this blog site all 358? It will be fun with the DO seminars and cooking with Maggie and Gary. Rita and lots time spent in fellowship with 50 plus fellow Airstreamer's from around the country.

John's (Sandlapper's) dream of filling up a SC state park is being fulfilled three months before the date of the Rally. The State Park people must be really excited to have their park full the last of March 2014?

Paula and Larry the two of you to help me gather some mature Possums for Gary's Possum bog on Friday night. With this cold and rainy/snowy weather is making it very difficult to gather Possums. I have not panic yet but by the middle of February we will need a good supply of Possums to feed/fatten up with corn for six weeks. Gary only takes Grade A possums for the stew/bog. The one nice addition to the meal will be the fresh bread that will be cooked in all of the DO's Friday PM with Maggie's help and instruction.

I am getting hungry thinking about sitting around a campfire with good food and great friends.

Back up on my tree limb, the night is young and there is a nice bright moon tonight. I might be able to count possums in the south Charlotte tonight.

See ya down the road in your new AS.

Big Hooter
Old 12-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #361
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Everyone is welcome, always, anytime

If no sites open up......

come for the day. Some fun is better than no fun.

Or bring a tent, come for the weekend. Every site is allowed 1 RV and 1 tent. You will have at least 50 choices.

Or get a room in a motel in Winnsboro, about 18 country mile away. It is a nice, small, old Southern town.

Or sleep in your car. There is a bath house right there.

Or shack up with someone. That could be interesting.

Or, even though I have never checked, they have 2 large, flat parking lots within walking distance to the campground that may work for "over flow". I will inquire. I can assure you they are glad we are coming and may bend a rule or two. But don't hold me to it. Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

John
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 12-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We will be the only vehicle in our site, so some overflow room there, if needed.

BH.....we will be baking bread Saturday morning as a group, not Friday night as some people will only be arriving on Friday.

Maggie
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #363
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Big Hooter, just a small clarification. Gary and Maggie are coordinating the Do affair, they are both seasoned DO cooks. Captain Hank is looking after the possum bog. Henry is born/raised low country SC and cooks good possum.

You been in the Wilkes County champagne?? Be careful you don't fly INTO the tree.

John Boy
WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP

Old 12-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #364
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Maggie, Susan and I were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving on #18, your site for the rally. First time for us. You will love it.

WBCCI #3892
Region 3 , 1st VP