Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #121
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Gary, your 2 tents would bring us up to 3 so that would be great, half way there. Need an experienced possum skinner too so thanks for coming early to help with the bog.

Heck yes on that monster torque wrench, we can definately use it. It is a conversation piece in itself.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 02-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
of course, we are bringing our easy up canopy too...as planned...
a bkfst goody...
a dessert...
something to quench the thirst....
Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2012 25' Flying Cloud
2007 20' Safari SE
Fuquay Varina , North Carolina
Door Prize

John:
I can bring a quart of our backyard honey as a door prize.
Tom and Deborah
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #124
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbee View Post
John:
I can bring a quart of our backyard honey as a door prize.
Tom and Deborah
If you sell your honey I am interested. I use lots of local honey. I will be needing some more soon.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #125
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hey John!

We'll be in on Thursday and be glad to help with whatever is needed, including sharing any knowledge we have that may be helpful to others.

We will do biscuits in the DO to go with possum bog Friday night, sausage and cheese grits for breakfast on Saturday and a hopefully a special dessert Saturday night.....dependent upon some kind soul who might have a bit of refrigerator space to loan on Saturday.

I need room for a springform pan. Anyone think they will have a bit of room to share?

We're at Edisto Beach. Met a parade of VW busses and Westfalia's heading out as we came in yesterday. More here at the campground. They had a rally here over the weekend!

Love this place.

Maggie
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #126
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Classic
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Hey John

Bonnie & I will be there Thursday and will gladly help out with the prep work. Don't know anything about skinning possums not sure that I want to, We will bring some extra Gahhlik for flavoring the bog.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #127
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
Is anyone else attending *cough* a vegetarian? (don't panic; my husband is not). I plan to bring a veg dish everyone can enjoy...
Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #128
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The "cake" has been ordered for Saturday night. It's a surprise, hopefully no purple icing!

I'll think if some kind of side dish to go with the possum bog, fish fry and breakfast.

Of course we will bring mudslides!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Marie
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #129
4 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1979 31' Sovereign
1999 25' Safari
Youngsville , North Carolina
Silverbee
Di & I are looking into starting a bee hive, would love to bend your ear while at the rally, of course liquid refreshment would be our payment for your knowledge ( I have a nice 12yr old scotch).
Steve & Di
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #130
4 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1979 31' Sovereign
1999 25' Safari
John
We have a 10x10 we can bring. We've never set it up so no laughing at our lack of experience.
Steve & Di
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
1979 31' Sovereign
1999 25' Safari
NJtoNC
How restrictive is your diet? Do you eat fish? I can think of several things to make depending on your paramiters. I would hate to see anyone not able to enjoy the the feasting.
Steve
Old 02-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #132
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Geeze, this is fun....

thanks everyone for jumping in to help.

Tom, the honey would be great. Contemplating a BOGO gift swap. Bring One Get One. Nothing fancy or expensive, maybe even corny or useless.
Could be fun. Folks: what say you??

Maggie, lucky you and Doug enjoying the SC coast. Glad you will be able to tear yourselves away and join us. Be sure to check out Buck Hall. And thanks for voluntering (should I say drafted!!) to lead a discussion on extended traveling. On a related subject, LADIES, we are working on a workshop/fun time especially for you. No hitches, breaks or bearings. More later.

Greg and Bonnie, thanks for your offer to once again help with the bog. Since you are veteran boggers, you have the honor of skinning the possum this year. I have an extra skinning knife.

NJtoNC, If you bring it, we will eat it. Never known an Airstreamer to go away hungary. I have been in/around "Ruferton ''
many times so I know there is good food up there. Anything you bring will be great.

StreamNTyme, thanks for bringing a tent. I would love to think we wouldn't need one, just enjoy a beautiful sky. March weather is so unpredictable, the tents will be a good safety net. And we may want a headquarters anyway.

Steve and Di, we will need your tent also and thanks for bringing it along.
I have some experience with those darn things, they are a bit of a challenge. Nearly lost a finger a couple times. A few beers seem to help.

Everyone, thanks for sharing your time and talents to make things work for the good of all. We will have a great rally.

John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 02-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #133
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
Quote:
Di & I are looking into starting a bee hive, would love to bend your ear while at the rally
Me too , me too! I have bees and just got them (well... in june) and still have no idea what i'm doing. Bee forum!

Quote:
How restrictive is your diet? Do you eat fish? I can think of several things to make depending on your paramiters. I would hate to see anyone not able to enjoy the the feasting.
i don't eat fish, but never-you-mind. my husband is an excellent cook and I've already forewarned him, we need to bring a side. I'm used to this; i bring a vegetarian side dish that is a 'main dish' for me. thank you though, i appreciate the thought.

I'm going to make deviled eggs, definitely (we have chickens and many many eggs) probably some cole slaw (still have cabbage in the garden, and carrots).
Old 02-26-2013, 03:42 AM   #134
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac View Post
The "cake" has been ordered for Saturday night. It's a surprise, hopefully no purple icing!

I'll think if some kind of side dish to go with the possum bog, fish fry and breakfast.

Of course we will bring mudslides!

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Marie
Marie, can't wait to see this year's "Alumalina in black cake". Knowing you guys, I'm sure it will be entertaining. Anything you do will be awesome, especially the mudslides.

John

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #135
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
In case it was lost and thus overlooked in my earlier post, shall ask in stand alone form......will anyone have room for a springform pan in their frig on Saturday? There is this luscious chocolate dessert I'm eyeing......if not, I have a second choice at the ready.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.....

Maggie
Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #136
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
John,

You need me to bring them squirrels I got hangin' in the smoke house? They outta be nice and flavorful by the 15th !
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #137
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And, a rainy day(s) at Edisto Beach is still a good day.

John, we are going to go up to Buck Hall for at least a night before we leave the coast and start moseying toward the rally area. We have a great app for public campgrounds, but the Buck Hall CG is not on there. if big John loves it, got to check it out!

A lot of us will be in on Thursday, do we want to do a BYOB happy hour/get acquainted/reacquainted that evening?

Maggie
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #138
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Maggie, my frig will be full of possum but surely someone will have room, except Dave, he's bringing smoked squirrel. Let me know how you like Buck Hall. While you're there, take a short 6 mile ride north on 17 to McClellanville. They have been in a time warp up there forever. Grab a lunch at the eatery on the left in "downtown" McV. Make your way down to the docks where the shrimp boats pull in. They are all docked now waiting on a new season.

I say HECK YES to a Thursday afternoon happy hour. Let the fun begin!!!

Can't wait .

John

Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #139
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, I'm just going to go to plan B, I think. Just not that important.

Besides, Marie has ordered a CAKE, so how many desserts do we need? Ummmm, can we ever have too many desserts?

We will take your suggestion on McClellanville, John. We love old towns, old buildings, old mainstreets, old hardware stores, etc. I don't think we have ever been through there.

Maggie
Old 02-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #140
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Saturday Fish Fry

A few details:

The fish fry this year should be even better than last year. I will have :

the fish--restaurant grade premiun fillets

the french fries

the hush puppies

the cold slaw

some baked potatoes

sweet tea

knives, forks, spoons, napkins, plates, cups

You will need nothing except perhaps a cup of ice for the tea or whatever other beverage you may want. An assortment of DESERTS would be nice.
The only cost to us will be for the cooking oil, the taters, and a small portion of the fish. Should work out to about 5 bucks per person. We will have 2 commercial fryers going so everyone eats hot food, so the need for a large amount of oil.

We will ring the dinner bell hopefully at 5:00. If we stick to just a little bit of a schedule, we will have our happy half hour 4:00 -4:30, a short break, then supper at 5:00. All you will need to do is show up, maybe bring along a desert, or anything you want, if you want.

Mostly, JUST SHOW UP!!!!

John

Closed Thread