Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #281
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
To jump in here and help John out, the plan is that we bring a side for his chicken bog on Friday night, something for a potluck breakfast on Saturday morning, a dessert for saturday night and he is going to basically pass the hat to help with the fish fry.

Other than desserts, he is bringing everything for a fish fry dinner saturday night, because that's what he wants to do and it is his shindig.

For those who haven't been following this thread from the beginning, it is a little confusing......and, I have never been accused of being silent when I really just need to speak up! Ha!

See y'all soon!

Maggie
Old 03-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #282
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
...And now a word from our sponsor...

Because I know I will forget in the self-induced chaos of Alumalina, I wanted to make sure everybody that happens to receives a door prize (or anybody else that wants to) should send off an email to the people that are sending door prizes with me. The emails are:
joel@odmrv.com
ben@odmrv.com
dan@led4rv.com

We were going over our "stuff" from last year's event, and Joel was the only one that got an email thanking him for sending along the goodies. It would be great this year if everyone sent along a quick note thanking these people, that way they will know their sending along both their hired help and their goodies is appreciated.
Thank y'all for your support, both for/at the rally, and letting my multiple bosses know you care.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #283
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
I'll be bringing some Krispy Kremes...hoping to make it there sometime Saturday morning between 9:30-10:30. Looking forward to meeting everyone and surrounding myself with lovely aluminum....hopefully by next year's rally we'll have one of our very own

Terry--didn't realize we were so close! (We're in Winston). I'm guessing by your previous post that you work at ODM?

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
Old 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #284
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post

Terry--didn't realize we were so close! (We're in Winston). I'm guessing by your previous post that you work at ODM?
We live in Old Town, and yes, I work for ODM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #285
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thanks everyone for chiming in.....

and picking up my slack. I have been busy behind the scenes, begging, borrowing, and stealing . 'bout have everything, now it's time to load it all up.

This is what we have:

FRIDAY, we will have chicken bog for everyone (sorry to disappoint all you possum lovers, just couldn't catch enough of them to go around). Chicken, rice, polish sausage, carrots, celery, anything else we can throw in. Any sides/deserts/bread you would like to share.

SATURDAY, a potluck breakfast. I have a big 50 cup coffee maker. Anything you like and can share. Seminars Sat am. Lunch on your own. Make it quick, open house afterwards. Happy half hour. FISH FRY sat supper: a real treat. I have help for it. Fried white fillets, french fries, hush puppies, slaw(on ice), baked potatoes. Some very generous contibutions have coverd most of the expense, we will need a SMALL kitty.

SUNDAY Left overs.

DOOR PRIZES. Out of Doors Mart came thru again. Please see Overlander 63 post above. Also, if you have something you would like to contribute, handmade or bought, welcome.

T - SHIRTS I have more of the almost famous ALUMALINA t's. Large, XL, blue or white. Ten bucks covers their cost. They are way cool.

SEMINARS Great ones. Hitching, running gear, Insurance, more.

INFO PACKET If you are like me, I must write every thing down. So I have done it for you. Everyone gets a packet so you can join in what ever you wish. Some other stuff in there, including name badge---make your own or bring one.

This is what we need:

Several more of those 10 x10 push up tents. If you have room, and have one , we may need it. Weather looks very good. Friday H66, L35. Sat H75, L48. SunH69 , L49. Some stations say no rain, some say small chance. I don't trust any of them. May not need tents but........or we may want them for a central gathering point.

Some kitchen help with the bog. I will have the stuff, just need some prep work.

Bloody Mary's ??

Smiling faces. We are looking for between 35-40 rigs. OUTSTANDING!!
Pat yourself on the back for being there.

We can hardly wait to see everyone, so please travel safe.

John and Susan
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 03-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #286
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Landenberg , Pennsylvania
Alumalina--wow

Hi Everyone,

My wife, Julie, myself and our Yorkie, Spanky will be joining you all on Friday after our little odyssey to Florida and back.

We left last Wed. from south east PA to pick up our new to us 2007 25FB CCD in Florida. After two hard days of driving we arrived to preview our new purchase and in 5 minutes saw the fatal flaw!!! Rotten rear floors! And, I had specifically asked the sales person to check this--at least 3 times!!!! They assured me the unit was excellent.

Well we backed right out of that deal and went off for a drink and dinner.

The next morning I called several Airstream dealers to see what might be out there and -------------lucky me. One fellow had just taken in on trade a 2997 27FB Safari Special Edition 75th anniversary edition. He said it was perfect---and I made him get down on all fours and knock on the floor to check for rot. He said it was good so we headed another 2 hours south to Ft. Meyers and in a few hours confirmed that it was -------near perfect.

Bottom line: We got two more feet in the 27, plus a $12,000 solar panel, inverter/converter/Lifeline battery option, for MUCH less than the original deal with the rotted floors!!

So, It's working out. We've been doing a shake down cruise from Ft. Meyers to Jacksonville where I am writing this tonight. Tomorrow we head to Savannah for the day and then on up to meet all our our NEW TO BE Friends.

I'm sure a bunch of you there are going to teach me how to operate this thing.

So, after all that-----see you on Friday.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #287
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
John, if we need folding tables we have a bunch, not sure if there is a central pavilion that already has them, but if not let me know by tomorrow morning. I'll bring a 10x10 tent either way.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
Old 03-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #288
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Thanks for the offer Brad, a grouping of 10x10's will be Rally Central. Each site has a piccanicca table so we can bunch them also. This just may turn into a street party.

John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 03-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #289
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Vonzellen, you guys sure must be living right or either you have a horse shoe stuck .........somewhere.

Super congrats on things working out for you and the trailer. We can't wait to see it, and as far as help goes, 35 knuckleheads are better than one.

See ya Friday.

John

Old 03-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #290
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
ok, so we are going to make and bring potato salad for the chicken bog (OH DARN?! NO POSSUM?) and rolls for fish fry, or the other way around if ya'll prefer.

I think adam is also planning to bring some brats from the pig we raised this year, and perhaps make a stew for the chicken bog ...
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #291
Murphree's_Law

1967 22' Safari
1966 26' Overlander
Mt. Holly , North Carolina
Alumalina is finally here...

Hi John, I am planning to arrive by 11 AM tomorrow and will be there to help you cook (and drink). I also have a couple of 10x10's that I will bring. I have a small fridge that I will bring as well....I think someone was asking for a spot to keep desserts or something...so I'll have an extra one. Is there anything else you think we will need? You can call me if you need to. C ya in th' morn', Brett
Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #292
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJtoNC View Post
ok, so we are going to make and bring potato salad for the chicken bog (OH DARN?! NO POSSUM?) and rolls for fish fry, or the other way around if ya'll prefer.

I think adam is also planning to bring some brats from the pig we raised this year, and perhaps make a stew for the chicken bog ...
You know what they say about chicken... tastes like possum.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #293
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
We can eat cake

After last year's cake incident, I hesitated to get another one.
This one, however, looks pretty good:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	181025  
Old 03-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #294

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlapper View Post
Air2

Excellent crowd. May need a 3rd possum.
I have alligator in our freezer, if anyone wants to pick it up!
Jane
Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #295
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
After last year's cake incident, I hesitated to get another one.
This one, however, looks pretty good:

This is from Sassy Grass Sweets in winston salem. I think Jennifer did a great job with her 1st airstream cake! She is a fairly new baker and has a lot of talent in the making.

Marie
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #296
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Marie, where's this bakery? I'm in Winston, too. Looking forward to seeing all these Forsyth Co AS owners in one spot!! Warning: I may be asking for your contact info for questions once we get one

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
Old 03-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #297
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf1977 View Post
Marie, where's this bakery? I'm in Winston, too. Looking forward to seeing all these Forsyth Co AS owners in one spot!! Warning: I may be asking for your contact info for questions once we get one

Jennifer is working out of her house. I have some of her cards, she is in Rural Hall. Believe it or not, I met her in walmart in the baking goods section, she was talking about needing fondant and we started talking. Very nice young lady, very reasonable prices. We will make sure you have contact info for us.

Marie
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #298
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Wishin you all a great weekend. Hoped to come but our WP Cadet is home until Sunday then gone till Mid June...so you know how it goes.
See some of you April 12 weekend.
Happy 'streamin!
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #299
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Alan, one of these days things will work out, we'll get you and Shannon down our way. We will miss you folks at Springstream this year, hope to make up for it in the Fall.

John

Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #300
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Ok, it's only thursday and 11 rigs here already. Let the good times begin.

John

Closed Thread