Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Alumafandango 2012 questions

Hi, we have never made it to the other side of this country yet and haven't been to the Alumapalooza; Now, I believe, for the first time there is going to be a similar Rally within reach for those on this side of the country. Alumafandango in Denver, Colorado. I have questions to ask and would like others to add to this thread with even more questions or answers. And yes, there is a strong possibility that we will be there this year. [Assuming that this is going to be an annual event]

(1.) Why isn't there a listing or thread on this forum?

(2.) Is there a sign up list?

(3.) How many people have already signed up?

(4.) How many spaces are left?

(5.) Will there be a stand-by list?

(6.) If we make it all the way to Colorado, will CrawfordGene be there?

(7.) Is there any security for the area of the rally to prevent theft or damage while we are at activities?

(8.) Is some food supplied or is there going to by a potluck gathering? [or both]

(9.) Will the SOB's be separated from the Airstreams? [don't really care, but curious]

(10.) Will there be ice cream? [I had to ask that]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
We just returned from our first Alumapalooza and I can answer a few of these questions, though I am no authority on Alumafandango...

1. It's up to the forum members to start one. Up to this point, discussion has been mixed in the Alumapalooza thread.

2. No--registration is handled by Airstream Life, who do not print this list.

3.-5. You'd have to ask Airstream Life for this info.

6. THis looks like something you'd have to ask Crawford Gene.

7. At Alumapalooza, each party was responsible for its own security. However, Airstream did provide overall site security and there weren't any thefts that I heard of. You should probably ask Airstream Life if overall site security arrangements have been made.

8. At Alumapalooza, there was one catered meal, one bbq supplied by Airstream and the rest was on our own. However, there were open grills every evening, as well as "roaming happy hours"--where different people would host small parties each night.

9. Other brand trailers were not separated.

10. Actually, at Alumapalooza, there was ice cream--however, it had been bought for the kids program and they didn't eat it. Adults made up for that...

Overall, it was really a wonderful event--the workshops were fantastic, the company super and the atmosphere fun. We were surprised that 90% of the attendees came in new trailers--but maybe that was because it was located at the factory (and that's who is attracted to the factory). I'm sure Alumafandango will be just as much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, we have never made it to the other side of this country yet and haven't been to the Alumapalooza; Now, I believe, for the first time there is going to be a similar Rally within reach for those on this side of the country. Alumafandango in Denver, Colorado. I have questions to ask and would like others to add to this thread with even more questions or answers. And yes, there is a strong possibility that we will be there this year. [Assuming that this is going to be an annual event]

(1.) Why isn't there a listing or thread on this forum?

(2.) Is there a sign up list?

(3.) How many people have already signed up?

(4.) How many spaces are left?

(5.) Will there be a stand-by list?

(6.) If we make it all the way to Colorado, will CrawfordGene be there?

(7.) Is there any security for the area of the rally to prevent theft or damage while we are at activities?

(8.) Is some food supplied or is there going to by a potluck gathering? [or both]

(9.) Will the SOB's be separated from the Airstreams? [don't really care, but curious]

(10.) Will there be ice cream? [I had to ask that]
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Alumafandango
Old 06-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
We just got back from our first Alumapalooza, as well. If you go to the AlumaFandgo website, there's a frequently asked questions section. We are planning to go to Denver and will sign up this week.
We did not hear anything about theft or the like. We have our own anti-theft system installed in our trailer and surroundings, the Rastapoodles.
I was surprised how dog friendly the group was. Traveling w/3 large dogs is like a circus, so we were pleased that we could freely walk around w/1, 2 or 3 of them.
I read that you can't do it all and it's true. I missed a few things because I was visiting, walking the dogs or preparing meals. The Roving Happy Hours were really fun.
I guess this really did not answer your questions. Again, on the AlumaFandgo website you can ask a question. Rich and Brett will answer, quickly.
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Hi, Terry. I believe that question #8 and possibly question #10 were covered in the FAQ, but not the rest.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
All I know is we are signed up to attend...looking forward to it too! It's practically in my backyard - how cool is that!? Literally, 2.2 miles away...but I've never actually been to Lakeside Amusement Park - drive by it all the time - just never gone, so this should be fun! What is it they say about not visiting the attractions in your own backyard?! Now we won't have any excuse ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Denver , Colorado
We are signing up too. Lakeside is 5.7 miles from our house! Even though we won't have our trailer by then, we want to join in on the fun. Who knows, maybe I'll even find some great "Guest Posts" for my blog! And, I think I might even take a few photographs!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone!!
WBCCI #4846, WBCCI DenCO Unit
Air #62992
Travel Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
we aren't going to be able to camp with everyone, but it sure would be nice to meet the other forum members - how about everyone with an AIR sticker find away to display your username, so we know who we are? If visitors are welcome on Saturday, you can count us in for a meet-n-greet, or to partake in a potluck dinner sans Airstream though ... Wendy
Old 06-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #9

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
I have one question at this time:
Is Boo Boo also going to go?

Jane
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRollin View Post
we aren't going to be able to camp with everyone, but it sure would be nice to meet the other forum members - how about everyone with an AIR sticker find away to display your username, so we know who we are? If visitors are welcome on Saturday, you can count us in for a meet-n-greet, or to partake in a potluck dinner sans Airstream though ... Wendy
Put up a list on the bulletin board. Add your name/username on the list with either club number, forum member number (if you have it on your trailer), or even a location or license plate number.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #11
Jay Thompson

2009 34' Classic
Tallahassee, , Florida
We will be there Thursday thru Sunday. Then we leave for Durango, CO to start the SWAdventure Caravan on August 28-Oct 14. Our WBCCI number is 7293 a 34' Classic Limited. We are in Sedalia right none. Look forward to seeing everyone on Denver.....enjoying ourselves
jaydthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie Q View Post
I have one question at this time:
Is Boo Boo also going to go?

Jane
Hi, If I do decide to go, and I'm pretty sure that I want to, Boo-Boo will be with us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7791RS.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	356.8 KB
ID:	161053  
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi,

(1.) Is the area, where the Airstreams will be located, secured, fenced off, or connected to the Fair Grounds?

(2.) Is the area of camping grass, pavement, gravel, dirt, or what?

(3.) Should we bring awning mats or will they kill the grass, if grass lot?

(4.) Is there a major concern about insects in this area, this time of year? And if there is, what would be recommended that we bring to protect ourselves and our pets?

I have read all of the FAQ's.

I have read all of their posts on Facebook.

I signed up for their E-mail mailing list.

But I still know next to nothing, Maybe Rich Luhr will chime in?
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Maybe Rich Luhr will chime in?
Why don't you PM him if you aren't getting enough answers to your specific questions?

I can tell you this, it's not a fairground - it's an amusement park. I don't know where exactly the rally is going to be held, but if it is where I think it is, it's in a secured area to the south/west of the park. There is also a small lake there. No "grass" last time I was over that way. it does have a racetrack of some sort - I think it used to be go-karts, but I don't know - but that could have changed, it's close to home, but I don't frequent that area in my everyday running around. Colorado generally, is not "buggy" - no fleas, no ticks - maybe a few skeeters, but only if we are right on the lake. In August, it is warm - I'm sure awnings and patio mats will be good to have. I attached a map of where I THINK it is...not being an organizer, I don't KNOW for sure.

Hope this helps...sometimes, you gotta just go with the flow ~

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aluma.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	506.0 KB
ID:	161196  
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alumafandango