Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #181
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
66Overlander: Joe & Lorrie
We will be attending with our 1994 28' Excella since neither of our vintage Airstream's are ready for type type of trip yet. We will be arriving some time on Friday - late morning or early to mid afternoon (definitely before dinner).

DanB: Dan, Dawn, & Drew
1970 Safari. Arriving early morning Friday. cell phone 440-453-9782

atobols: Andrea, Jason, Parker, Mason, Denice
'74 Overlander, arriving Friday ~8pm. Parker and Mason and 3 and 1 yr old respectively; Denice is grandma from Andrea's side. We will have a *quiet* Honda generator with us for anyone needing to re-charge their battery(ies). We will NOT be using it full-time. We're not sure if we'll need it at all, but it's insurance.

64airstrea: Roy & Marie
1964 Safari. I'll be arriving early afternoon Friday. Marie arriving in the evening (couldn't get the day off). Looking forward to the weekend!

Shacksman: Doug and Terry
1960 Ambassador, from Ontario, arriving early Friday morning. Met up with Roy and Marie on the WDCU caravan when they rescued us from the heat in Pittsburg.

ganglin: Gary & Peggy
71 Overlander - arriving late morning to early afternoon.

Grand Master: Mike & Mary Brumback
1963 Tradewind Mike starting Airstreaming in 1955 with his parents. I have a few Airstream Rally pictures from the 50's (a few with Wally in them). We plan to arrive late afternoon on Friday.

TinLoaf: Steve
2006 Safari, arriving early Friday morning with soldiermedic.

Foiled Again: Paula &
PrudencePB: Karen
2006 Safari 25 FB SE - I'll arrive Friday Morning depending on escaping from Virginia Beach (we have the bridge tunnel that floods or gets tied up with wrecks), Karen will be driving down from the Akron area to meet me at the Wilds
Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #182
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
We're coming from Ontario along 20 to 250 to I 77 on the 17th. heading for the Wilds. Does anyone know of a good overnight stop along the route from about Ashland south. Any truck stops or Walmarts or rest areas that you can stop for a few hours.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #183
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Groveport , Ohio
Hello all, Well the children 5 and 8 seem to be up to a boondocking trip, Do they understand ?. As close as we have been is electric only. Looking forward to it Robert
bertro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #184
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
We're coming from Ontario along 20 to 250 to I 77 on the 17th. heading for the Wilds. Does anyone know of a good overnight stop along the route from about Ashland south. Any truck stops or Walmarts or rest areas that you can stop for a few hours.
That was fast. We got a great invite to stay over at Atobols, Jason and Andrea's place. See you all Friday morning.
1950 Spartan
Old 09-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #185
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ashland

There is a big WalMart in Ashland on Rt. 250 just west of I-71 exit. Once you get on 250 E of Ashland there is not much as far as truck stops. Beware of the Amish buggies that will be out and about on Rt. 250. You will be in the heart of Amish country going through that neck of the woods. There are lots of truck stops on I-71 south of Ashland. There are some stops on I-77 and I expect that you can find a spot. Salt Fork is a SP that is down near Cambridge and is a beautiful place to camp if you want to get that far along before a stop.

Jason and Andrea are near Ashland. Maybe they have some suggestions.

Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
That was fast. We got a great invite to stay over at Atobols, Jason and Andrea's place. See you all Friday morning.
Great!!!! You will have someone to caravan down to the Wilds! That is good news! You will love Parker and Mason!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #187
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
won't be much of a caravan. Doug and Terry are heading out in the morning and unfortunately I'm putting in a full day of work. So, we'll be about 8-10 hours behind them. Bummer though. I get excited if I see one silver trailer going down the road. I might lose control of my own vehicle if I saw two in a row!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #188
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
won't be much of a caravan. Doug and Terry are heading out in the morning and unfortunately I'm putting in a full day of work. So, we'll be about 8-10 hours behind them. Bummer though. I get excited if I see one silver trailer going down the road. I might lose control of my own vehicle if I saw two in a row!
I think there may be a bit of flu in the air that day might need a drive to clear the air
1950 Spartan
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #189
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Thanks for the info on campgrounds everyone. We'll be coming from Jackson Center. We may just spend one more night there, or just play it by ear, check out a state park, who knows. It's a wonderful thing to have a house on wheels! The options are endless.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #190
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
Thanks for the info on campgrounds everyone. We'll be coming from Jackson Center. We may just spend one more night there, or just play it by ear, check out a state park, who knows. It's a wonderful thing to have a house on wheels! The options are endless.
Lorrie and I will be spending a couple of days at JC on the way to the Wilds. We might be able to caravan from JC to the Wilds on Friday morning.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #191
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 16' Bambi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Lorrie and I will be spending a couple of days at JC on the way to the Wilds. We might be able to caravan from JC to the Wilds on Friday morning.
Cool!

I have a service appointment for Wednesday. The Wilds is only about 160 miles from JC. This could be a great opportunity. See 'ya on the Terra Port.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #192
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International FB
FAYETTEVILLE , North Carolina
Nice to meet you

We will be attending with our 1994 28' Excella since neither of our vintage Airstream's are ready for type type of trip yet. We will be arriving some time on Friday - late morning or early to mid afternoon (definitely before dinner).

'74 Overlander, arriving Friday ~8pm. Parker and Mason and 3 and 1 yr old respectively; Denice is grandma from Andrea's side. We will have a *quiet* Honda generator with us for anyone needing to re-charge their battery(ies). We will NOT be using it full-time. We're not sure if we'll need it at all, but it's insurance.

1964 Safari. I'll be arriving early afternoon Friday. Marie arriving in the evening (couldn't get the day off). Looking forward to the weekend!

1960 Ambassador, from Ontario, arriving early Friday morning. Met up with Roy and Marie on the WDCU caravan when they rescued us from the heat in Pittsburg.

1963 Tradewind Mike starting Airstreaming in 1955 with his parents. I have a few Airstream Rally pictures from the 50's (a few with Wally in them). We plan to arrive late afternoon on Friday.

2006 Safari 25 FB SE - I'll arrive Friday Morning depending on escaping from Virginia Beach (we have the bridge tunnel that floods or gets tied up with wrecks), Karen will be driving down from the Akron area to meet me at the Wilds

Wiegand01: Nick

1964 Safari 22' - I'll be bringing my two daughters Grace (5) and Faith (3). We will be arriving Friday Evening around 7:00pm. I'll be caravaning with Tinloaf on the way out there.
wiegand01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #193
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I neglected to mention a couple of facts people may be interested in:

- At night, there is almost 0 light pollution at our campground. Anyone with a telescope may want to bring it. I was told the stars are spectacular.

- Within walking distance of our campsite is a couple of lakes. Word is fishing is possible. Catch & release only please
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #194
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 16' Bambi
Oops, mine dropped off somewhere

1964 Safari 22' - I'll be bringing my two daughters Grace (5) and Faith (3). We will be arriving Friday Evening around 7:00pm. I'll be caravaning with Tinloaf on the way out there.

Sugarfoot: Dacia
1960 Tradewind - arriving early Friday and bringing a hitchhiker named Mr. Wee.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #195
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia

Sugarfoot: Dacia
1960 Tradewind - arriving early Friday and bringing a hitchhiker named Mr. Wee.

nvestysly: Danielle and Lucius
1992 29' Excella Classic - arriving around lunch (maybe as late as early afternoon) on Friday. We're driving through portions of six states to get there. I know that's not as far as driving from Capetown, South Africa to Cairo, Egypt but it's almost as crazy. See you then.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #196
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
On 9/6/2009 Dan posted info on the Rally, and said that confirmations, parking passes, etc. would be emailed Tuesday.

I have not gotten anything yet. Am I just impatient? I hope I am really registered.

Mary & I are really looking forward to this rally.

Mike Brumback
1963 Tradewind
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #197
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Mike as a supplement to your post I'm trying to get a better handle on the food situation for the organized other half:

1. Friday evening - Dan do we need to bring anything to add to the meal. Wife is thinking about some munchies - cheese/crackers sort of thing... she also asked about hot dogs and buns...?

2. We are bringing roast wildebeest rump for the potluck (it tastes a lot like ham) and cookies

3. We will have two Coleman lanterns and a small folding table with us.

4. Who all is bringing firewood - I'll bring what I have in the back yard for the fire pit but you can burn a lot of wood in two evenings. I'm presuming the Wilds won't mind us collecting what's on the ground in the woods nearby...?

Looking forward to this also.....
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #198
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Sorry folks,about the parking passes and stuff. After reviewing it, thier really isn't anything that I haven't already provided. The passes can be given out on site. The rules are as stated previously. The map is OK, but basic. I'm sure most everyone can do better, but I will see if I can post it.

Mike, you are definitlely registered.

- Friday night, I will have a grill going with Hot dogs & beans. The idea is just for something quick to eat if you want when you pull in. Please feel free to add to the "public menu". I like the idea of being able to much all night long!

I'll bring the dogs, buns, & condiments. If someone else wants to provide the beans, that would be great.

2. Wildebeast is good this time of year....

3. A few old picnic tables are on site. I'll probably be gathering these together for a group setting near the fire ring. Regarding fire rings: several are on site.

4. Collecting firewood on site is not a problem. Obviously, if you have a good saw, bring it. Again, I'm not familure with laws regarding firewood transportation. But, yes, I suspect we could go through a bunch. Bear in mind that this campsite has not been used for a while, so fallen wood SHOULD be plentiful.

BRING BUG SPRAY

I did get an update on our service project. Possible work involves the dismantling of 12 old outdoor classroom benches. This could end up being firewood!

www.campnova.com

Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #199
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Map to The Wilds

Here is the camping permit I will be distributing when you show up.

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE STAYING IN WHAT IS LABELED "SCOUT CAMP"

Also note that I have been warned not to believe the directions given by GPS. Evidently thats a problem.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf map.pdf (220.1 KB, 68 views)

www.campnova.com

Old 09-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #200
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
1968 26' Overlander
Beaver County , Pennsylvania
Friday Evening

Dan,

I'll set us up with a dutch oven full of baked beans.

Roy
64airstream is offline   Reply With Quote