Old 06-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
This is bordering on off-topic, but after reading that...you suck.

Here I thought after the Africa caravan that it was over and you went home to the USA. Now you tell us about caravanning Europe, too!

Seriously, if you have pictures from the European caravan, please bring them to the Wilds. Andrea and I lived in Germany 2006-7 and we traveled throughout Europe (not with an Airstream) and specifically we visited Trieste, Italy and multiple cities in Greece. I would love to compare our pictures of Trieste with yours. I'm guessing it looks a little different. Although I bet we were both moving through the same port...we boarded our cruise ship right next to a ferry terminal.

Man, I can't wait for September. Maybe Minnie's Mate had a good idea after all. I think I'm about ready to have it all earlier just to sit around and chat about Africa / Europe.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #58
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
After Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobols View Post
This is bordering on off-topic, but after reading that...you suck.

Here I thought after the Africa caravan that it was over and you went home to the USA. Now you tell us about caravanning Europe, too!

Seriously, if you have pictures from the European caravan, please bring them to the Wilds. Andrea and I lived in Germany 2006-7 and we traveled throughout Europe (not with an Airstream) and specifically we visited Trieste, Italy and multiple cities in Greece. I would love to compare our pictures of Trieste with yours. I'm guessing it looks a little different. Although I bet we were both moving through the same port...we boarded our cruise ship right next to a ferry terminal.

Man, I can't wait for September. Maybe Minnie's Mate had a good idea after all. I think I'm about ready to have it all earlier just to sit around and chat about Africa / Europe.
My Mother brought my Dad's car to Europe in 1960. She traveled with the Caravan until Trieste, Italy. At that point we went to Venice with the Caravan. Then we left. We went to Austria, Switzerland, France, Belguim, and Holland. We sailed from Rotterdam to New York.

In 1956 I joined the European Caravan in progress. I flew from Los Angeles to Zurich. Not on a jet, but a TWA Connie.

I spent traveling time in Europe from June until October.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
DanB:

I see that you're going to have a campfire reception on Sat, so I am guessing that my charcoal grill (yes, charcoal, not propane) will be OK for my cooking of meals? I was thinking that camping on dry grass that they would say no fires / open flame.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #60
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
We're Committed - Sent the Money!

Barring unforseen circumstances we will be attending this rally. We are putting the registration form in the mail today. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

We are also planning to attend the Cape (Town) Giradeau (sp?) to Cairo rally the previous weekend. Back to back camping trips! Yippee!

Lucius
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #61
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Barring unforseen circumstances we will be attending this rally. We are putting the registration form in the mail today. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

We are also planning to attend the Cape (Town) Giradeau (sp?) to Cairo rally the previous weekend. Back to back camping trips! Yippee!

Lucius
You two are too lucky. I want to go on both, but can't go on either! Take lots of pictures (you to Sugarfoot) and have them ready at the Falluminum, you hear.

Enjoy for me.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
. . . I'm sorry we have to deny you all the pleasure of seeing 2 toddlers throw tantrums on an African Safari. You'll just have to content yourselves with the wildlife outside the bus rather than inside it.
Oh, but they are such CUTE toddlers! Very active and very cute. I still laugh when I remember Ms. Lulu grabbing Mason by his britches at the Springstream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post

Lucius
Cool! Mom will be tickled pink to see you two again. Last week she decided she would like to come along. Even rearranged doctor apppointments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
You two are too lucky. I want to go on both, but can't go on either! Take lots of pictures (you to Sugarfoot) and have them ready at the Falluminum, you hear.

Enjoy for me.
I promise, we will. I hate it that y'all won't be able to go.

Dan, tomorrow the check will be in the mail.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi Everyone!

I've been on vacation the last week and have been away from the internet.

I have rec'd a handfull of registrations in the mail. Thank you! I'll be sending confirmation emails and/or PMs tommorrow when I get back to my office.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Dan,

Not sure we can make this but would like to try. Question - is gray water disposal for those who have portable tanks available at The Wilds? I do know there is a black tank dump at the the Love's Travel Center - Zanesville at I70.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
I see that you're going to have a campfire reception on Sat, so I am guessing that my charcoal grill (yes, charcoal, not propane) will be OK for my cooking of meals? I was thinking that camping on dry grass that they would say no fires / open flame.
*BUMP*

Dan, know you've been away...but still wondering if I should take up the space to pack the grill or if the park will be too worried that I'll burn the place down.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Sorry for the delay. My boss actually thought I should work today!

We should have no problem at all with "off the ground fires", either charcoal or propane. We are still figuring out if a permit will be required for a campfire. This is beyond me, the nearest town is 17 miles away. I can't imagine anyone complaining.

The gray water I have to ask about. My decision and suggestion will probably be to allow discharge in a cathole, maybe filtered?

Depending on how the attendance looks, I will have a portajohn on site, posiblle potable water tank, and a waste tank. Again, this depends on attendance. If we get 20 trailers, it will just make things a little easier. Especially for those not used to boondocking.

www.campnova.com

Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Sorry for the delay. My boss actually thought I should work today!SNIP

The gray water I have to ask about. My decision and suggestion will probably be to allow discharge in a cathole, maybe filtered?

SNIP
Some bosses are just unbelievable...

I'd think since they have the Yurt Village for group camping - with restrooms - there would be some form of drain available in that area for simple soapy water. My tank is towable. You have a 70 - were you planning to backwash yours into the black tank or had you thought about it yet. (you need a couple of those WBCCI coordinators to help with all these details) Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Yurt village is a couple of miles (this place is big) away from our proposed camping site. But, where we are located is a former youth camping area, so I got to believe something exists to drain into.....

www.campnova.com

Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Trenton , Illinois
Dan,

My registration went out in the mail yesterday and I made my reservation for the Sunset Safari Tour. This is going to be a really exciting rally. Thanks for setting it up.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #70
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Been Offline for a Few Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
This is going to be a really exciting rally. Thanks for setting it up.
I agree! This is going to be great!

We're experiencing computer malfunctions at home so I have not been able to follow airforums closely in recent days. I'm pleased to see some activity on this thread. Danielle and I are really looking forward to this rally.

Lucius

2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote