Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Oh yes they call him The Streak
Boogity boogity
Fastest thing that's on two feet
Boogity boogity
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
almost 8,000 hits

There must be some interest, with almost 8,000 hits.
So I included a picture if my wife and I at a nude beach.
I attached it as a PDF so you don't have to view it if you don't want to.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beach.pdf (23.8 KB, 197 views)
Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
It is...um...intriguing?
Who'd 'o thunk it?
It does bring to mind some funny mental pictures.
But, no, I won't be there.
Y'all have fun!
Nekkid people singing campfire songs and playing horse shoes.
Nekkid people in a potluck line...
No, thank you.
Lol...
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
You know…..why not just drop it.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #125
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
You know…..why not just drop it.
Robin..you are one of the kindest funniest thoughtful people and most generous I have met in my whole life ..when we came to the States you looked after us..you offered us helpwhen we were running out of money when the volcano prevented us returning to England..Your good wife made Hx1 the loveliest of birthday cakes and we laughed all the time we were with you..Pati and yourself took good care of Jim when he took a dreadful tumble breaking his bones..and if I am ever in a fix I hope I'm in a fix near to you..because I could lean on your shoulder ..thats the sort of person you are ..
and I love you very much because of how you are ..
Whats this got to do with clothes on or off…not a thing..
…The End..
TinCrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Wait till you see me necked...
Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Lilli-

I'll bet you will see better lookin' legs on flamingo!
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:20 PM   #128
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Ye..I'll wait….
Old 12-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #129
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoodtx View Post
Lilli-

I'll bet you will see better lookin' legs on flamingo!
eh ?? Bright Pink hairless and skinny ??
the mind boggles
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #130
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedwid View Post
To m.hony
"...my concerns are things like arousal and the embarrassment associated with- and lust and coveting..."
A very common concern among non-naturist. As a lifelong naturist, I have never seen this problem occur. Being naked and being sexy are in fact polar opposites. If this were not true, Victoria's Secret and Fredrick's of Hollywood would be out of business. The fashion industry spends millions annually; not to design clothing that is warm and functional, but rather, to make us look good to the opposite sex. If this were not true, a person's wardrobe would consist of a snowmobile suit for winter, and gardening overalls for summer, with a poncho thrown in for rainy weather.
One might also think about an old fashioned Burlesque Show. It wasn't about the nakedness. It was about the elaborate costume, that came off little by little, and ending with a small strip of cloth and a couple of pasties. As the strip tease progressed the crowd was on the edge of their seats and hollering, "take it off". Contrast this with the supposition that the artist comes out on the stage, stark naked and dances around. The audience will slowly go to sleep. After all, once ya seen it, ya seen it--- crickets.
However, having read the forgoing, should one still harbor the fear that he was going to embarrass himself, I would say that at the pre-onset of such a state, just go sit down with a towel over your lap. The moment will pass. Guaranteed. The bottom line, you'll never know until...
To InideOut,
"Accounts vary as to exactly who or what Wally Byam was..."
Sorry to say, but I cannot shed light here. Personally, I try to live my life in a non-judgmental way, trying to never criticize or condemn others, especially the deceased who are unable to defend themselves. An exception to this would be those who practice force or fraud, making victims of the less fortunate and helpless. For them, I hold nothing but contempt.
On the grammar school playground, we learn to belittle and tease. We annoy those who are different. We poke fun at them and make snide remarks. This of course brings the squeals and delight of our peers. This makes us feel better about ourselves. Today its called bullying. Most of us outgrow this behavior, and enter adulthood as caring grownups. Some of us don't. Those at the Wall Street Journal, to whom that quote is attributed, did not.
Why is it that some of us must constantly criticize those who are different? What is it in that small slice of humans that compels them to mockingly degrade those who are different? I wish I knew the answer to that. I wish I knew what it would take to get the entire human race to live in peace with each other. Accepting, if not celebrating those things which make us different in the weave of human nature. As the old song says, "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." Ya, and if I could, I'd buy everyone a Coca Cola, and drink a toast to live and let live.
The bottom line; I think your concern meshes with mine, and we both join many others in expressing our gratitude to Wally for passing on the legacy of his wonderful Airstreams.
To Gene, I think we are in agreement on most things.
To Melody Ranch, "Thats what you think Gene."
Could you expand your thoughts a little, I'd love to discuss this with you, but with all due respect, I really don't understand your position.
Thank you for taking the time to write what I see as a well reasoned and articulated response to many of the questions and the concerns that have been posted. As someone pointed out, there is a lot of interest in this topic as is evidenced by the number of reads. There are also a lot of folks taking a good hearted poke at themselves as well. I hope the rally is well attended and everyone has a good time. It is a long haul from Washington and I will be at my son's wedding in S. Calif. That leaves it to you each to figure out if it was any closer and I wasn't committed to another engagement, whether I would actually attend this rally or not

1997 25' Safari
2012 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
Duramax/Allison
dirigible25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Now that would be a Rally with many shotcomings.
Luigi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Here in Texas

I have been here….just passing thru….It is very nice! Might be a place for a Rally. It is clothing optional…..for the most part.Buff guide to Bluebonnet Naturist Resort - Dallas Nudist Culture | Examiner.com
Old 12-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #133
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
I have been here….just passing thru….It is very nice! Might be a place for a Rally. It is clothing optional…..for the most part.Buff guide to Bluebonnet Naturist Resort - Dallas Nudist Culture | Examiner.com

Passing through????? How many times did you "pass through" to do that trailer inspection??
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #134
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
They can all live like they want to live- I just think it isn't for me-
As for nakedness not being associated with sexual arousal- whatever- I disagree, homeboy! I disagree! Nakedness is plenty stimulating to me personally- I like my women like chicken- two breasts, two thighs, and two legs- but- whatever- I can't even believe I'm even having this discussion...
Y'all do what you want- hang out around the campfire nekkid as a jay bird- count me out...it just isn't for me. The one picture someone posted of a couple posing nude in their Zip-Dee chairs outside their trailer was amusing, just not for me-
Canopenerians- keep yer clothes on!
On a hot summer New York City day there was this life drawing class at the Art Student's League with a classically beautiful live nude model. Across the street is an apartment house. Inside the apartment house was a woman ironing topless. Guess who everyone was gawking at.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #135
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger View Post
There must be some interest, with almost 8,000 hits.
So I included a picture if my wife and I at a nude beach.
I attached it as a PDF so you don't have to view it if you don't want to.

Ok 49 people opened the picture in post 122. What were you expecting to see?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #136
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Many people that live in the "new world" don't realize our idea of modesty is different from those across the pond. For example, many magazines show adverts and articles featuring female models and subjects topless. These are not hidden behind a counter for sale to adults, either. It can be a fashion magazine, for example. A ten year old can browse or purchase one, or all.
The new, global reach of the internet and publication distribution has reduced this, but not stopped it. Most publications leave out these photos or articles in the interest of selling more product, knowing they would not be well received here in North America, and to some extent, South America.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #137
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Newport , North Carolina
Okay bganso I remember the 60's and I was there just not a yuppy I had to work and could not handle drugs so never did them! No I was not cool and yes I spent a lot of time cleaning the sidewalk trash cans but I made money. I took more than a few showers and baths outside and modesty was not looking when a friend took her clothes off to shower because we were comfortable in the raw.
Cliff
And yes I make a lot more money now but still have no problem naked and have a lot of respect for those that do what is necessary to make a living!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:15 AM   #138
4 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
1984 31' Excella
Springfield , Missouri
I opened the picture of you and wife on nude beach, I kept trying to resize it because I didn't think I was seeing it all. LOL--- you got me!

I like sitting in the sun with the least restrictive clothing.... (why is it so hard for me to say I like to sit in the sun naked?) When we had our houseboat we were frequently sans attire.

I can see us boondocking in the desert, soaking up the sun's rays.. as I write this it is 10 degrees and it snowed last night. We are cold. I always function better in the sun.

I don't know if I could do this in a group setting...

sigh.
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #139
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
My belief the discomfort with our bodies and nudity is just another result of the Puritan colonists of 400 years ago. These were extremists who believed they had all the answers and did not practice tolerance. They believed the human body to be dirty and best hidden. There weren't many of them, but they and the Jamestown colonies were the first and together they set the tone for American culture.

Today many believe people who can't find a job when there are far fewer jobs than job seekers are slackers. They shouldn't get any help and apparently should lose their homes, possessions and then starve to death. Puritans expelled people into the wilderness to fend for themselves because they didn't accept all Puritan beliefs. Is there any difference between the attitudes? Oh, there was no shortage of pre- and extramarital sex in Puritan Massachusetts, but they pretended it didn't exist or shunned you.

Nudity can be sexy and cause arousal in certain settings—if it is presented as something dirty or is part of a movie about sex or love (with sex) or a strip tease. The intent and presentation is calculated to cause arousal. A bunch of people walking around naked does not have that same content. The situations are not comparable—one is to stimulate, the other is not. Your parts will know the difference even if your mind has doubts.

Dennis, I think we are in agreement and neither of us would be upset if we disagreed. I wish it were warm enough here to go naked. Since Dec. 1, the temp has hardly ever gone above freezing. At the rate we're going, we'll be out of firewood before the end of the month. Time to take a hot, naked shower and warm up.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #140
4 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
NE Central , Kansas
Well Said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
My belief the discomfort with our bodies and nudity is just another result of the Puritan colonists of 400 years ago. These were extremists who believed they had all the answers and did not practice tolerance. They believed the human body to be dirty and best hidden. There weren't many of them, but they and the Jamestown colonies were the first and together they set the tone for American culture.

Today many believe people who can't find a job when there are far fewer jobs than job seekers are slackers. They shouldn't get any help and apparently should lose their homes, possessions and then starve to death. Puritans expelled people into the wilderness to fend for themselves because they didn't accept all Puritan beliefs. Is there any difference between the attitudes? Oh, there was no shortage of pre- and extramarital sex in Puritan Massachusetts, but they pretended it didn't exist or shunned you.

Gene
I agree 100%.