Old 12-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #113
3 Rivet Member

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Perry , Florida
To m.hony
"...my concerns are things like arousal and the embarrassment associated with- and lust and coveting..."
A very common concern among non-naturist. As a lifelong naturist, I have never seen this problem occur. Being naked and being sexy are in fact polar opposites. If this were not true, Victoria's Secret and Fredrick's of Hollywood would be out of business. The fashion industry spends millions annually; not to design clothing that is warm and functional, but rather, to make us look good to the opposite sex. If this were not true, a person's wardrobe would consist of a snowmobile suit for winter, and gardening overalls for summer, with a poncho thrown in for rainy weather.
One might also think about an old fashioned Burlesque Show. It wasn't about the nakedness. It was about the elaborate costume, that came off little by little, and ending with a small strip of cloth and a couple of pasties. As the strip tease progressed the crowd was on the edge of their seats and hollering, "take it off". Contrast this with the supposition that the artist comes out on the stage, stark naked and dances around. The audience will slowly go to sleep. After all, once ya seen it, ya seen it--- crickets.
However, having read the forgoing, should one still harbor the fear that he was going to embarrass himself, I would say that at the pre-onset of such a state, just go sit down with a towel over your lap. The moment will pass. Guaranteed. The bottom line, you'll never know until...
To InideOut,
"Accounts vary as to exactly who or what Wally Byam was..."
Sorry to say, but I cannot shed light here. Personally, I try to live my life in a non-judgmental way, trying to never criticize or condemn others, especially the deceased who are unable to defend themselves. An exception to this would be those who practice force or fraud, making victims of the less fortunate and helpless. For them, I hold nothing but contempt.
On the grammar school playground, we learn to belittle and tease. We annoy those who are different. We poke fun at them and make snide remarks. This of course brings the squeals and delight of our peers. This makes us feel better about ourselves. Today its called bullying. Most of us outgrow this behavior, and enter adulthood as caring grownups. Some of us don't. Those at the Wall Street Journal, to whom that quote is attributed, did not.
Why is it that some of us must constantly criticize those who are different? What is it in that small slice of humans that compels them to mockingly degrade those who are different? I wish I knew the answer to that. I wish I knew what it would take to get the entire human race to live in peace with each other. Accepting, if not celebrating those things which make us different in the weave of human nature. As the old song says, "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." Ya, and if I could, I'd buy everyone a Coca Cola, and drink a toast to live and let live.
The bottom line; I think your concern meshes with mine, and we both join many others in expressing our gratitude to Wally for passing on the legacy of his wonderful Airstreams.
To Gene, I think we are in agreement on most things.
To Melody Ranch, "Thats what you think Gene."
Could you expand your thoughts a little, I'd love to discuss this with you, but with all due respect, I really don't understand your position.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #114
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Since Christmas season has just passed, I would like everyone to think about the song"Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer".

"... they laughed and called him names, they never let poor Rudolph, play in any Reindeer games"

"then one foggy Christmas night, Santa came to say, "Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight"

"..then all the Reindeer loved him, and they shouted out with glee 'Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, you'll go down in history"

A classic story of bullying and intolerance, but made "right" by the Santa saying it was OK to have a red nose, and be different, and in fact valuable.

I think too many of us have been in Rudolph's situation some time in their life, maybe even when they were naked.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedwid View Post
To In(s)ideOut <SNIP> Sorry to say, but I cannot shed light here. Personally, I try to live my life in a non-judgmental way, trying to never criticize or condemn others, especially the deceased who are unable to defend themselves.
I was not siding with the WSJ, judging or condemning anybody's lifestyle choices, only shedding some light to Wally's nudist leanings in reference to an earlier post suggesting his stuffiness in a "beret and jacket". I was suggesting that he would approve.

There are many other references to his penchant to hang loose at nudist camps, unfortunately most are these swept under the rug by "the keepers" of Wally/WBCCI-history.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #116

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedwid View Post
I wish I knew what it would take to get the entire human race to live in peace with each other. Accepting, if not celebrating those things which make us different in the weave of human nature. As the old song says, "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." Ya, and if I could, I'd buy everyone a Coca Cola, and drink a toast to live and let live.

I'm with you on that one! We optimists have to stick together Wally thought the thing that would make us all more accepting was getting out there and meeting people who weren't like us, so we could discover that they really ARE like us, and aren't so different after all. World peace, distributed by Airstream.

Seems like all the more reason to have a nudist rally!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #117
3 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Cumming , Georgia
I find the popularity of this posting incredibly interesting from amen anthropological perspective of course.
Air streamers seem to favor the naturalists bent on life I'm thinking...
Very intriguing
Old 12-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #118
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
They can all live like they want to live- I just think it isn't for me-
As for nakedness not being associated with sexual arousal- whatever- I disagree, homeboy! I disagree! Nakedness is plenty stimulating to me personally- I like my women like chicken- two breasts, two thighs, and two legs- but- whatever- I can't even believe I'm even having this discussion...
Y'all do what you want- hang out around the campfire nekkid as a jay bird- count me out...it just isn't for me. The one picture someone posted of a couple posing nude in their Zip-Dee chairs outside their trailer was amusing, just not for me-
Canopenerians- keep yer clothes on!
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #119
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I guess our Airstreams are nekkid- They ain't got no paint on! Nekkid is beautiful!
I wish a DeLorean could tow an Airstream!
I think pregnant women are beautiful- that looks natural and very attractive to me- I guess it is supposed to- to keep the human race going and all-
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 12-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #120

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm keeping my clothes on at the rallys, but we have a few nude beaches around here, and I've always wondered if I'd have the guts to try it...

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Oh yes they call him The Streak
Boogity boogity
Fastest thing that's on two feet
Boogity boogity
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 12-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #122
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
almost 8,000 hits

There must be some interest, with almost 8,000 hits.
So I included a picture if my wife and I at a nude beach.
I attached it as a PDF so you don't have to view it if you don't want to.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Beach.pdf (23.8 KB, 156 views)
Old 12-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
It is...um...intriguing?
Who'd 'o thunk it?
It does bring to mind some funny mental pictures.
But, no, I won't be there.
Y'all have fun!
Nekkid people singing campfire songs and playing horse shoes.
Nekkid people in a potluck line...
No, thank you.
Lol...
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
You know…..why not just drop it.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #125
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
You know…..why not just drop it.
Robin..you are one of the kindest funniest thoughtful people and most generous I have met in my whole life ..when we came to the States you looked after us..you offered us helpwhen we were running out of money when the volcano prevented us returning to England..Your good wife made Hx1 the loveliest of birthday cakes and we laughed all the time we were with you..Pati and yourself took good care of Jim when he took a dreadful tumble breaking his bones..and if I am ever in a fix I hope I'm in a fix near to you..because I could lean on your shoulder ..thats the sort of person you are ..
and I love you very much because of how you are ..
Whats this got to do with clothes on or off…not a thing..
…The End..
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Wait till you see me necked...