Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #161
4 Rivet Member

1987 34.5' Airstream 345
Dandridge , Tennessee
DOG
[Dutch Oven Gathering]
March 24, 2012
Jim & Regina 865-803-3963
272 Very Old Barton Trail
Dandridge, TN 37725

"Let's take a step back in time"

After a cowboy being on his horse all day tending cattle he would come back to camp for some grub. The cook is making the meal over an open fire in his cast iron pot [s]. The smell makes the cowboy even hungrier. He get a plate full, goes to find a place to sit and eat. After eating he would sit back and talk or tell jokes by a camp fire. Maybe a cowboy would have a guitar or some other instrument and sing or play us a few songs. If you know of anyone that plays bring them along to play for us. Come out and cook with us in your cast iron pots just like our ancestors did.

Our camp site is set up so you can cook with an open fire or charcoal briquettes.
NO buffalo chips please.

All of our DOG's and Rallies are open to anyone that cooks with cast iron, would like to learn about cooking with cast iron, or would just like to bring a dish to pass, hanging around and eat with us. Don't forget your chairs and something to drink.

If you have already purchased your cast iron, bring it, all your fixens to cook and anything you will need to prepare it. If you do not know how to cook with your cast iron let me show you how. Come early and I will help you get started.

Directions [Some GPS are wrong]

On I -40 take Exit 417 to Dandridge, TN. Turn south on 92 [at bottom of ramp]. Follow 92 over big green bridge. Go about 7 miles to Indian Creek Road [also 363] and turn left. Go less than 1 mile to Sandy Ridge Road and turn left. Go about 1/2 mile to Stillhouse Road [just past white picket fence on your left] and turn right. Go to first road on your right at bottom of steep hill. Turn onto Very Old Barton Trail and follow to our house. We have all the huge rocks at our driveway. Also look for the DOG at the end of our Drive.

Our dog does not play well with others so you might want to leave your dog at home. Thank You

“I wasn’t born a cowboy but I’m getting there as fast as I can“. Dutchstream

Visit my web site for photos, recipes, accessories for sale and coming events

dutchstream4757.webs.com dutchstream47@gmail.com

James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, sevierville tn